• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in a bind in an unexpected quarter - Marine Parade

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this thread looks like some baits for pap to fish info from the ground or someone trying to squeeze into the ranks with pap supporters? whatever it is, this is the best time to vote a lot of oppositions in. if singaporean let go of this opportunity, i dont know when is the next time. beside that, even oppositions bring up topics on cpf. those porlumpar number 1 and rank 154th media all diam diam about cpf and pap also never reply a word on cpf. looks like cpf is the killer for pap and pap is scare to bring it up. who kena who die!!!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joo Chiat is a small SMC with just 22,069 voters. If you see Yee Jenn Jong's Facebook, he has connected with many of his old friends and teachers from St Patrick's School. This Old boys network could be more than useful as he is one of us unlike Higher Mortal Charles who has no ties with the area and voters are also not threatened in any way by any of the losing a Key Minister and upgrading rubbish.

A PAP supporter friend of mine in his 60's in Joo Chiat is very upset with the removal of MP Choo whom
they claim is to be replaced by younger blood. His reaction is wtf Charles Chong is not so young after all.

He and his family of six are going for the WP!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have to agree that Ms Teo is running well behind. She seems pretty inactive or perhaps, not achieving much traction with her current efforts. She does not engage with the youth via social media or commentary. On the ground, which is more important, her activities seem very much muted. I question her motivation in standing for this election. Perhaps it is to make a statement but she is certainly not in it to win it. I can understand the lack of funds or volunteers to carry out any grassroots work. But efforts to canvass support or influence the young or more net savvy remains to be seen.
QUOTE]

i think u guys didnt look at the yuhua ge results of the past. The last time yuhua was contest as a SMC, the PAP candidate then foo yee shoon only scaped past by 56.16%. After that, yuhua was absorb into a grc.
I suspect the reason why there a high core opposition support in this smc was that a substantial amount of residents there were relocated from the Anson ward in 1985. Those was lived in Anson rental flats were ballot/allocate to Jurong East Street 31. In fact, a big portion of the residents in yuhua in 1985 were first time HDB "owner" from redhill, telok blangah, bukit merah rental flat tenants. i knew because my grandmother were from anson, many of my mom and her siblings neighbourhood friends move to jurong east.
So SDP better interviewed the residents there to verify my hunch as SDP can remind them of the JBJ Anson spirit.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the WWII, Chiang kai shek, the leader of China of the day said of the foreign Japanese invaders that they are disease of the skin, we can live with it. The native Communists insurgents under Mao were the disease of the heart. this has to be dealt with first....

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zainal was supposed to stand down and go for the presidency. He has been retained to fight this battle. If they win, he will resign and go for the presidency. You are right, they need him.
hahaha...this is the best joke i heard for a long time......
as if there is no other suitable candidate for EP.

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey scroobal,

update this thread if you hear anything about Tampines

I wish GMS all the best

He deserves to win Tampines from that imbecile currently holding it.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree also with yr sentiments. Only that "ungentlemenly" wld be an understatement.

I believe that it is ungentlemanly for them to win Aljunied GRC, and then shortly after the GE, this Zainal resigns to be a Presidential candidate.

Perhaps, the WP should raise this issue with the electorate, and remind the electorate that they should vote for the WP.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I would say tha if its PAP internal and the PAP is the one feeding stuff back to the PAP, some of that information might have been corrupted to make themselves look good.

Locke

QUOTE=scroobal;715283]Apparently nobody including the public did not understand the Nicole Seah effect. Here is what the PAP senses are the main threats after internal polling and focus group sessions after the first set of rallys completed by various parties.

Aljunied continues to be shaky followed by Marine Parade. I am personally do not see Marine Parade even reaching 40% but the PAP team feels that it will be close and the issue apparently is Ms Tin. There is also some internal review on how she ended up as candidate.

PAP also feels that Hougang will remain with WP and interestingly their polls suggest that PP will remains with the Chiams. I am surprised as I expect PP to go.

Looks like Viv/PAP smear on VW and company has taken it toll. Something I was not aware until last night but the most influential church and other religious groups are within the BT / Holland area supplemented by older conservatives. Here is the bigger surprise - they don't think that SDP team in BT / Holland will go past 35%.The range is 29 to 35%. This is reminiscent of Chee's Jurong GRC where the expectation did not meet reality. I find that hard to comprehend as VW seems to connect well with the ground and his message seems singapore centric and appeals to those stepped on by the PAP.

I have left out Tampines as I have not been able to get any sounding from the usual traps. I could not even determine if a poll was done for Tampines. Tampines for some reason seem to be handled very differently. I understand that grassroots leaders have been changed over the last 6 mths.

West Coast is safe after self inflicted wounds by KJ. I don't think anyone is surprised. Except for Hougang and PP, all the SMCs are safe including Pioneer despite Steve Chia's presence.[/QUOTE]

Malays Must Vote PAP!

Alfrescian
Loyal
Translated Version

My Malay brothers and sisters. I have set aside our differences with our Chinese brothers and sisters because the differences we have with the PAP is much larger than the little differences we have with our Chinese brothers and sisters.

To that end, I have instructed all our members to inform all our Malay brothers and sisters during Friday prayers and during the week to not vote for the PAP. I have instructed all our members to not vote for any of our Malay brothers or sisters standing under the PAP ticket.

We, members of the Malay community, have thrown our weight, support and influence behind Encik Chee Soon Juan, Encik Chiam See Tong, Encik Goh Meng Seng, Encik Kenneth Jeyaratnam and Encik Low Thia Khiang and will deliver no less than 65% of the Malay votes to the SDP, SPP, NSP, RP and WP.

We have been reliably informed that the Indians and Eurasians will do likewise.

However, I am very sad to say the PAP may win all seats despite our efforts and hard work.

Why is this so?

It is because our Chinese brothers and sisters, unlike us, have not and refuse to put their egos and differences behind them. They, like one previous opposition candidate, will be supporting and voting only the opposition parties they support.

I call on our Chinese brothers and sisters to use their common sense and see that this will result in the PAP winning all seats.

It does not matter which opposition is contesting. The WP supporters and voters must support and vote the SDP, NSP, RP and SPP.

The SDP supporters and voters must support and vote the WP, NSP, RP and SPP.

The NSP supporters and voters must support and vote the SDP, WP, RP and SPP.

Likewise for everyone else.

We again call our Chinese brothers and sisters to emulate the Malays. Put their differences and egos behind them and unite with us to defeat our common enemy, the PAP.

Undilah SDP !!!
Undilah SPP !!!
Undilah NSP !!!
Undilah RP !!!
Undilah WP !!!

Majulah Singapura!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part of the comments seemed out of place. I am keen to see your views. I am still struggling with the polls and assessment about SDP BT Holland Team. VW by far is the best speaker and his message are well crafted and hits the spot for the majority of candidates. They also have another 2, Michelle and TJS. I am sure we are at least looking at something closer to 40% rather than the predicted 29 to 35 range even with the smear.

Dear Scroo

I would say tha if its PAP internal and the PAP is the one feeding stuff back to the PAP, some of that information might have been corrupted to make themselves look good.

Locke

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which part of the comments seemed out of place. I am keen to see your views. I am still struggling with the polls and assessment about SDP BT Holland Team. VW by far is the best speaker and his message are well crafted and hits the spot for the majority of candidates. They also have another 2, Michelle and TJS. I am sure we are at least looking at something closer to 40% rather than the predicted 29 to 35 range even with the smear.

Hello [scroobal],

What do you think about the Thread "Bookies' Odds". Please comment. Thank you.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scroobal

Are you assuming that Sinkies are going to vote for the best speaker?

Please wake up your idea

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only was he the GCT's teacher but his scount master as well. Must be really young then.

Mr. S. Puhaindran was a teacher at RI, when I was a student there. But I do not believe that he is that old to be GCT's teacher, unless Mr. SP was a young teacher during GCT's student days.

Truebornsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marine Parade may be a "scheme" by PAP top man to get rid of his son greatest thread that why give him someone so naive and childish.
They can alway take out GY if they like him but they did not because he talk religion with party - it split the team. What better way then to let him lose and disappear.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only was he the GCT's teacher but his scount master as well. Must be really young then.

Mr. S. Puhaindran could not be more than 10 years older than GCT. Say if GCT was 13 at RI, and if Mr. SP was 23, it is plausible that he was his teacher and scout master. He must be scout master in his early years. I recall that he was seconded to run the Outward Bound School on Pulau Ubin. I attened the Outward Bound School when I was in Pre-U One.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that GCT was overconfident and complacent. They changed their MPs thinking that a walkover was likely. Nicole Seah is not only shredding him to pieces but has decided to take on MM as well.
Marine Parade may be a "scheme" by PAP top man to get rid of his son greatest thread that why give him someone so naive and childish.
They can alway take out GY if they like him but they did not because he talk religion with party - it split the team. What better way then to let him lose and disappear.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that GCT was overconfident and complacent. They changed their MPs thinking that a walkover was likely. Nicole Seah is not only shredding him to pieces but has decided to take on MM as well.

Nicole and CST are two that they can't really whack full force frontal, side and hind. Bullying little girl and old man will really have consequences that these two old foxes in politics are well aware of.