• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in a bind in an unexpected quarter - Marine Parade

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't be surprised that would be the case. My understanding is that she was identified and sponsored by Chris de Souza. I am wondering why GCT chose her.

Can you imagine her antics and her profile has completely shut out her team mates. Notice PAP comment about giving her chance as she is young is suddenly absent. The age argument suddenly disappeared into thin air.

From what I heard, she was "offered" to GCT as a potential candidate by LHL to engage the Gen-Y crowd. Surely, he could have done some simple due diligence checks on her candidacy and rejected her. Instead he has opened a Pandora's Box.

You reap what you sow.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As in planning, it shows they are not infallible and this is one of those that cannot be explain away without exposing their weakness. There are thousands of much better choices that they had at their disposal. Any of the lady newsreaders can take her on anytime. To be a potential candidate in PAP, I would have thought they should have done a rigorous means testing. It is not as though they did not have enough time to search for a good one. This TPL is such a dud, she will be the downfall of GCT and together the ripple effects will be felt in the whole PAP machinery.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Director ISD

Dear Bee Tock Kee

Regardless of the outcome of the next GE, I hereby order you to lay out plans to be executed with immediate effect 8th May 2011.

The objective is to plant top calibre young agents in the youth wings of all opposition parties to report back any new members of the Nicole Seah quality.

It is imperative this is to be done pronto and without fail or else...........

Your Almighty
Hakka Tiow
Istana
Great Helmsman Room

__________________________________________________ _________

To Chairman CDC

Dear Maiyo Goh Sar Kow

Regardless of the outcome of the next GE, I hereby order you to lay out plans to be executed with immediate effect 8th May 2011.

You are to scour the PAP Kindergarten Foundation branches for potential Tin Pei Lings to be fielded in GE 2016.

It is imperative this is to be done pronto and without fail or else...........

Your Almighty
Hakka Tiow
Istana
Great Helmsman Room

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently nobody including the public did not understand the Nicole Seah effect. Here is what the PAP senses are the main threats after internal polling and focus group sessions after the first set of rallys completed by various parties.

Aljunied continues to be shaky followed by Marine Parade. I am personally do not see Marine Parade even reaching 40% but the PAP team feels that it will be close and the issue apparently is Ms Tin. There is also some internal review on how she ended up as candidate.

PAP also feels that Hougang will remain with WP and interestingly their polls suggest that PP will remains with the Chiams. I am surprised as I expect PP to go.

Looks like Viv/PAP smear on VW and company has taken it toll. Something I was not aware until last night but the most influential church and other religious groups are within the BT / Holland area supplemented by older conservatives. Here is the bigger surprise - they don't think that SDP team in BT / Holland will go past 35%.The range is 29 to 35%. This is reminiscent of Chee's Jurong GRC where the expectation did not meet reality. I find that hard to comprehend as VW seems to connect well with the ground and his message seems singapore centric and appeals to those stepped on by the PAP.

I have left out Tampines as I have not been able to get any sounding from the usual traps. I could not even determine if a poll was done for Tampines. Tampines for some reason seem to be handled very differently. I understand that grassroots leaders have been changed over the last 6 mths.

West Coast is safe after self inflicted wounds by KJ. I don't think anyone is surprised. Except for Hougang and PP, all the SMCs are safe including Pioneer despite Steve Chia's presence.

With due respect, you seem to have written off SDP's Teo Soh Lung. The Teo Soh Lung effect is also causing frayed nerves in Grace Fu's Yuhua SMC .:biggrin:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Don't underestimate the conservatism of staunch Christians.

Based on what you hear about BT=Holland, would this not imply that the SDP would be well advised to ask Vincent to take a step back and allow Jee Say to lead the campaigning for the few remaining days?

Would that make a significant difference?

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect, you seem to have written off SDP's Teo Soh Lung. The Teo Soh Lung effect is also causing frayed nerves in Grace Fu's Yuhua SMC .:biggrin:

Yes, I thought Teo Soh Lung and Alex Tok would put up at least as good, if not better, a fight than Mrs Chiam

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Scroobal, with all respects, I think Aljunied will not fall to WP. I thinks that the Malay votes wil go to PAP so they gets Zainal as speaker of the House that PM promises. This is a very powerful effect. We not know how many new citizens are in the GRC, these usually votes for PAP. Combine these 2 groups already lost to WP, it is really very hard for WP to win. PAP should concentrate their efforts on the west areas instead. Although the West area are lousy candidates, but if the citizens very tulan they gets no attention and votes oppos, then the surprise will be very amusing!

I hope WP win Aljunied, although I think it is impossible. I will be happy to be prove wrong.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the Westminster system, the speaker of parliament usually comes from the opposition, especially if the opposition has a sizeable presence.

Bro Scroobal, with all respects, I think Aljunied will not fall to WP. I thinks that the Malay votes wil go to PAP so they gets Zainal as speaker of the House that PM promises. This is a very powerful effect. We not know how many new citizens are in the GRC, these usually votes for PAP. Combine these 2 groups already lost to WP, it is really very hard for WP to win. PAP should concentrate their efforts on the west areas instead. Although the West area are lousy candidates, but if the citizens very tulan they gets no attention and votes oppos, then the surprise will be very amusing!

I hope WP win Aljunied, although I think it is impossible. I will be happy to be prove wrong.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever happens, it looks like GCT's goose is cooked.

The Lee's have been forced to tolerate GCT because of the perception that he is invincible. His poll numbers are therefore supposed to be 70% to 80%. Such is the myth of GCT's invincibility that everyone intially thought that NSP was sending a suicide squad. This is in spite of empirical evidence showing that after the latest round of gerrymandering, the ground is incredibly sweet.

Hence if GCT polls 60% to 65% this election, this myth will be dispelled. There will then be no compelling reason to tolerate GCT any further.

I tend to agree that the NSP team in MP will poll around 40%. If that happens, I exepct that this will be the last term for GCT.

If the assessment about Holland-BK is correct, then the Goh camp is really in trouble. This is because they will be in out in the cold for the next 5 years with no one in positions of influence. They will find that loyalty is a fleeting thing.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I tend to agree that the NSP team in MP will poll around 40%. If that happens, I exepct that this will be the last term for GCT.

If the assessment about Holland-BK is correct, then the Goh camp is really in trouble. This is because they will be in out in the cold for the next 5 years with no one in positions of influence. They will find that loyalty is a fleeting thing.

He can always join up with his son in his new business.
You said once that you know junior, any news what business he will be starting?
The last report in the ST stated that he was leaving Parkway and would be starting his own business.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I heard, she was "offered" to GCT as a potential candidate by LHL to engage the Gen-Y crowd. Surely, he could have done some simple due diligence checks on her candidacy and rejected her. Instead he has opened a Pandora's Box.

You reap what you sow.

LHL has been kind to GCT. With only TinTin to shelter, GCT just needs 4 panadols a day. If FMH was also entrusted to GCT, surely he would need to take at least 8 panadols a day.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
In conventional estimate,I think the PAP will get a very narrow victory with the Worker's Party, maybe narrowly winning between 2-3 %. The WP is hugely popular with the Chinese and Indian voters but i think the Malays will still vote for PAP, unless the WP has done a terrific job canvassing for Malay support(which they might have done given the very visible increase of young Malays in WP colours in their rally) or that there is a major shift away from their supported party. I don't think it is the Zainal's as speaker of Parliament issue but on the whole the Malays normally are conservative in choosing the one they are familiar with.

The 29K voters that are shifted to other GRCs also meant WP loses a significant numbers of votes compared to the last elections. Having said that however, there are several factors that may affect election outcome. This include the strong effect of the social media, the charisma of personalities, the track record of the govt in the past 5 years and the others.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have alot of admiration for Ms Teo and know her background very well. She however is no politician and has not moved around enough to make an impact. She has been associating with ex-detainees on both sides of the causeway. Not many were aware of her desire to stand for election until the fall-out in RP occurred.

Many people are not aware of her sterling work in welfare, her Law Society fight with the establishment etc. These were long time ago and people have short memory. In contrast look at VW - he was nobody until he took the opportunity and made an immediate impact with his very first speech in Hong Lim.

It will be interesting how things pan out. Interestingly Grace Fu arrogance is Teo's best hope.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that TJS and Michelle have been well received. I am keen to see all 3 be front and centre. VW is still the best at getting the message across. I think the next election when all these capable people are band together in a proper party, the PAP will certainly be in trouble.

Scroobal,

Don't underestimate the conservatism of staunch Christians.

Based on what you hear about BT=Holland, would this not imply that the SDP would be well advised to ask Vincent to take a step back and allow Jee Say to lead the campaigning for the few remaining days?

Would that make a significant difference?

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

You reap what you sow.

Familiarity........ it's because she is always present in his social events.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their main issue is publicity and awarness. Teo should have made her presence felt much much earlier. People like VW, WP with their Aljunied and Nicole Seah are stealing the limelight. Even Tong Tan and Hazel Poa are not getting attention on the net. For the first time, we have too many good people in opposition. Even vets like GMS, Glenda Han are not getting enough profile.

Yes, I thought Teo Soh Lung and Alex Tok would put up at least as good, if not better, a fight than Mrs Chiam

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zainal was supposed to stand down and go for the presidency. He has been retained to fight this battle. If they win, he will resign and go for the presidency. You are right, they need him.

Its Low and Sylvia that is going to make the difference. If they win, their votes are going to come from Ah Peh and Ah Soh who traditionally vote for PAP. As in Hougang albeit the Teochoew pull is noted, it still can be done.

Like you I can't wait for Aljunied to fall despite my respect for GY as a gentleman.

Last edited: