• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OVERHEARD: How To Escape Reservist Training Forever

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best way to siam enlistment once and for all, is be very religious, declare u're a tangki in the temple, or u're a religious worker...... then most likely they not interested to enlist u.

I don't think the Tangki thing works either. I've a friend who is a tangki still kena call back. I'm can't be sure if he'd declared this but I don't see any reason for him not to if he can siam reservist

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best is to become white scum. Sure dun need to go back. Ask superior write letter to MINDEF sure excuse forever. White scum and white scum give each other face...:rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
2 of my friends are super white horse. One was even a school swimmer and tennis player. When they entered NS, they were suddenly found to have some medical deficiencies and downgraded to PES C, and becam clerks. They have never been called up for reservist. Both in their 40s now. So the moral of the story is if you have political connections to the PAP, u will not need to do reservist.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best is to become white scum. Sure dun need to go back. Ask superior write letter to MINDEF sure excuse forever. White scum and white scum give each other face...:rolleyes:

Not totally true. Maybe very well connected PAP members(since I don''t know any, I cant comment), that I cant be sure but I know someone who is in PAP youth wing, also kena call up and he happens to be from my unit

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not totally true. Maybe very well connected PAP members(since I don''t know any, I cant comment), that I cant be sure but I know someone who is in PAP youth wing, also kena call up and he happens to be from my unit

Ey.. Young wing is NOT connected lah.. they are wannabes.

Connected is thru family links.. white horses

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Practically all national athletes and sportsmen will be downgraded because they carry injuries. In such cases, they will always be downgraded. This includes people like Ang Peng Siong and Fandi Ahmad. Peng Siong during BMT could not carry his heavy body (top ) during runs and struggled.

Nothing to do with white horse. All naturally became clerks.

2 of my friends are super white horse. One was even a school swimmer and tennis player. When they entered NS, they were suddenly found to have some medical deficiencies and downgraded to PES C, and becam clerks. They have never been called up for reservist. Both in their 40s now. So the moral of the story is if you have political connections to the PAP, u will not need to do reservist.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Practically all national athletes and sportsmen will be downgraded because they carry injuries. In such cases, they will always be downgraded. This includes people like Ang Peng Siong and Fandi Ahmad. Peng Siong during BMT could not carry his heavy body (top ) during runs and struggled.

These are not national atheletes. One is related to LKY by marriage, and the other one's family is a household name. Also u never see people like Dhanabalan's son doing reservist, or even Hsien Young after he left the govt. If u are super white horse, you will not need to do it.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course have to be very connected to white scum lah, otherwise all dun need to do NS where to train ppl to find war. :p

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Logically speaking, if they are so fit to represent SG, how could be downgraded because injuries? Unless their injuries are terminal one lah.

But of course the white scum cannot explain and will not explain this lah. Otherwise ended in chaos they could not repair how....:rolleyes:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of many officers looking forward to reservist so that they could be somebody and feel their rank once a year.

I heard many married men wants to go back for reservist for that one time of the year so that they don't have to think hard for an excuse to go and cheong...not cheong pekan hill but cheong fl...:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on bro. 1st day of ICT, they will plan very diligently.

I heard many married men wants to go back for reservist for that one time of the year so that they don't have to think hard for an excuse to go and cheong...not cheong pekan hill but cheong fl...:biggrin:

Echo_O

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know someone in Insurance sales with annual salary of 500k getting called back for reservist as a clerk.
Too high salary so SAF wun call you back is an urban myth.
Being called up for reservist is based on SAF demand for the types of vocations. My unit has people aged 35-37 being called up for 1st incamp as storemans.
So those in their early 30s who think SAF has forgotten about them can think again. On the upside if you not officer they can only call you back till 40 so than tio siam a few ICT.
My unit also has a few ex-convicts who are serving reservist after coming out of Changi. Most come in without uniform and equipment and have to be rekitted.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What? Mid-30 just got call up? My youngest men got MR at the age 30. To be exact, 30yr 1 mth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I did NS before the term white horse became public.

I met someone very rich & well connected, he was always away from his unit at some swimming pool. Never did any guard duty. Rarely saw him around camp as he had his own car. The only time someone gave him a hard time was the Enche for long hair. Everyone in camp knew of his connections.

So the whitest white knight are not celebrity sportsman. :rolleyes:

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
bullshit.....

my camp gt so many doctors always kenna called back......i believe some of them can command easily half a million a yr if good

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I met someone very rich & well connected, he was always away from his unit at some swimming pool. Never did any guard duty. Rarely saw him around camp as he had his own car. The only time someone gave him a hard time was the Enche for long hair. Everyone in camp knew of his connections.

White horse label is something known for a long time. The white scum still champion there is meritocracy of all. It's more of fake meritocracy all the while:oIo:

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not an urban legend. When I was in the reserve, there was a private soldier whom was never called up for training but he was in the platoon strength.

I went through his reservist record (the piece of computer printout for updating of personal particulars) during the last ICT and saw his entire record. He had been called up only once or twice for IPPT and mobilisation during the early years. That was all. His salary was a dummy "99999" - the maximum allowed for the 5-digit field. I don't think he earned that figure or more than that or anything remotely close to it. His occupation was a Director in a kuching kurup hardware company in a notorious building.

Of course, that was many years ago and the policy might have changed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am fully aware of what white horses are. It is an official designation stamped on their personal file and the company commander is the first to be notified. It was there when NS was first started.

Many people think that sports people are given special treatment and somehow confused with white horses. I merely stating that sport people tend to be downgraded due to injuries in the course of pursuing sports and it has nothing to do with white horse tags

Many supervisory staff tend to curry favours for white horses in the earlier years because many of the officers were not educated, no degrees and had to retire at 45. Hoping to employed by white horse's fathers.

It was the biggest policy mistake by govt.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
White horse label is something known for a long time. The white scum still champion there is meritocracy of all. It's more of fake meritocracy all the while:oIo:

Back when I doing my NS, I was young & gullible, blieved all the BS the PAP put out :smile:

Now I'm just cynical when it comes to the PAP. I've been around & seen how things are done elsewhere & its obvious Spore is just another 3rd world country with a fascist gov't. :rolleyes: