• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our wage levels are fucking pathetic

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the united States even the lowest income family can earn something like USD 20K to 30K per annum.

In Singapore we are talking about earning $1K per month?!?!

Eh fucking pathetic!

The govt had better do something about the wage suppression of the lower income class in Singapore.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In the united States even the lowest income family can earn something like USD 20K to 30K per annum.

Eh fucking pathetic!

The govt had better do something about the wage suppression of the lower income class in Singapore.

That's because Singaporeans are not productive workers.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Eh fucking pathetic!

It's not only sinkees earn peanuts..but the working hours are so long that most can't work a second job..If it was strictly a 40 hour work week like office jobs..at least the wife or husband can get a second job to supplement their income. Not everyone have the money to send their kids to daycare or hire a maid...some like me dont want my kids being raise by strangers..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because Singaporeans are not productive workers.

I work 12 to 15 hours a day...sometime 7 days a week, two weeks a stretch, going home for an hour or two in a week, eat in the office...wtf are you talking about us not being unproductive?? Do not insult the hard working SINgapore workers that build this nation.

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellow Sporeans?

6.9 mil?

Sick and tired of FTs low-balling our wages? Employers getting EPs, SPs beocs they are so callled "cheaper, better, faster"?

Dont lament......here is something that we can do...it is to raise the cost of entry for foreigners....

Pls collectively raise the HDB and private rentals for foreigners....that case, factoring the housing costs (like we do), they wont dare to low-ball wages. KNN, see how they can survive on asking for sgd 2k salary.

1 room at Hotel 81 costs SGD 100+ per night....a family of 4 Indians, Pinoys will need 2 rooms which costs SGD 6000 a month.

I am raising my HDB flat rental....have you?
http://www.h88.com.sg/ads/hdb/

Pls spread the words. Sharpen your knives....

Thank you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many hours you think millionaire ministers work? Hee hee

Do they work? Speeches are prepared by scholar sycophants. Everywhere they go, lots of sycophants to do the work ...their 3-leg PAPpies will even chase out sinkees if the minister wants to visit a coffee shop.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is due to exploitation by companies and influx of foreign labour. Don't blame Singaporeans. We have the longest work week in the world

hmm, we have 11 PH,
Indonesia has 13 PH,
Thailand has 15 PH,
HK & Malaysia have 17 PH each
hmm,?
(PH=Public Holidays).

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm, we have 11 PH,
Indonesia has 13 PH,
Thailand has 15 PH,
HK & Malaysia have 17 PH each
hmm,?
(PH=Public Holidays).

Malaysia if PH fall on Saturday there will be no carry forward to next monday to be PH or extra one day leave was told by my Malaysian friend in KL.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome to the world of artificially depressed wages so the towkays can laugh all the way to the bank. :cool:

Singapore: the world's foremost corporate fascist state.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia if PH fall on Saturday there will be no carry forward to next monday to be PH or extra one day leave was told by my Malaysian friend in KL.

hmm, yr friend in KL,
if Selangor King's birthday, Selangor declared a PH too.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Productivity is the bs talk. We don't need to be productive if we close our borders to the millions of cheap labour.

If you close the door, all the companies will leave for greener pastures and Singapore will become even more unproductive as there will be no production in the first place.

You cannot legislate wealth. Singapore has to a desirable place for enterprise first.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you close the door, all the companies will leave for greener pastures and Singapore will become even more unproductive as there will be no production in the first place.

That's if you assume that sinkees are incapable of doing anything. Sinkees want to work but at living wages. Companies which only want to be here because of cheap wages will eventually move in any case, so why bother to keep them here unless the 25-year economic master plan is to keep wages at current level or lower.

You cannot legislate wealth. Singapore has to a desirable place for enterprise first.

Yes, we should put in place laws that keep sinkees in job with living wages. Sinkees have a stake in the country, not foreigners or enterprises.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes, we should put in place laws that keep sinkees in job with living wages. Sinkees have a stake in the country, not foreigners or enterprises.

The jobs have to come from somewhere. They can't just be created out of thin air.

If you had 10 million to invest, would you set up shop in Singapore or would you sink it into some other country where costs are lower?

I currently run a company in Singapore and the only reason why I keep it going is for the sake of a small handful of loyal Singapore staff.

If it wasn't for them, I'd save more than 35% in overheads if I moved to Malaysia plus I'd get a ten year tax holiday which would save me another huge chunk of money.

The Singaporean workforce has no special skills that I cannot get elsewhere. I have no reason to pay them a living wage which is substantially higher than wages in the region.

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is, Singapore failed to restructure its economy.

I know it's easy to say this, but too many GLCs, connected businesses with RC, whatever C members, made increase in wages difficult as there is a conflict on interest. So if big GLCs and businesses can continue to rely on cheap labours, who is going to improve productivity?

All the stat board initiated R&D, automation and productivity improvement programs are wayang only, (if you got involved before, you will understand). After a few decades of improvement programs, what have we achieved? No follow up, no follow through. Just number games to gain tax incentives.

So today, as a first world country (as they claimed) but relying on cheap labours, they cannot force the locals to accept low wages. So they import FTs. If you want a job, you have to match your asking price with the FTs. Problem solved on their part and we are left to struggle and compete.

The sickening part is, they claim credits (whatever like GDP and so on) and keep increasing their salary.