• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our Sinkie Food Heritage!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh...raccoons. masked bandits.

have any food lying around in some form or another? Dog food? Fruit from trees? I always equate raccoons with food left lying around. God those things can be vicious when cornered.
could be skunk too. raccoons and skunks scavenge a lot more for food when weather turns cold (fall), and since there's a scarcity of fruit and other munchies in the yard due to drought, they forage for bugs, worms, insects underground. squirrels had their fill of fruit, nuts, and seeds in summer as they are more nimble on the trees. when squirrels dig, it's a small hole. when bigger animals dig, they are entire chunks of sod. they tend to victimize my lawn because it's covered with new sod, and it's easier to peel slabs of it than dig deep. bugs and worms live and crawl inside the sod.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for the info. cheese is addictive. your favourites?
my new love is formaggio burrata. not exactly mozzarella, but close. better and more creamy.
1606092503927.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
could be skunk too. raccoons and skunks scavenge a lot more for food when weather turns cold (fall), and since there's a scarcity of fruit and other munchies in the yard due to drought, they forage for bugs, worms, insects underground. squirrels had their fill of fruit, nuts, and seeds in summer as they are more nimble on the trees. when squirrels dig, it's a small hole. when bigger animals dig, they are entire chunks of sod. they tend to victimize my lawn because it's covered with new sod, and it's easier to peel slabs of it than dig deep. bugs and worms live and crawl inside the sod.
skunks I've found are less "aggressive". I think they're physically less powerful too so not as destructive. oh well. a pest is a pest.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
topped with sundried tomatoes and chopped basil? and sprinkled with salt. yum!

edit : forgot to ask. you have a local producer to source from? or is it flown in?
yesterday i had burrata with eggplant and olives. it's kitchen-prepared by an italian restaurant named doppio zero. they make it from fresh milk. doppio zero pizza topped with prosciutto, arugula, burrata and parmigiana cheese.
1606093480622.png

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my tenant is a 6.9th generation vintner who is remodeling his winery and house in livermore. he has to rent for sometime but not too long. today had to repair backyard sod in sillycon valley home again as wild animals, i think they are raccoons, climbed the fence and tore up the new lawn. just installed a wireless motion detector with a light beacon. hopefully tonight it will flash the cretins and scare the shit out of them. very sexhausted after repair. back hurts but not giving up. low ses stuff.
motion detector works!
D006A321-4FEC-47CE-A230-4098421BB88F.jpeg

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me the biggest lost locally is Eurasian fare , no hawker around and their numbers almost completely wiped out by PAP

but they were the earliest migrant to Sinkie from malacca , the Greagos, and along with them the Peranakan brought here some of their food as well

one of which is the Devil’s Curry , a great dish that goes well with beer .Gosh , do I miss those
1606097051561.jpeg

there is another by Peranakan nonyas

Babi Assam
1606097262528.jpeg

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kway teow wok hey taste is totally absent if you go at crowded timings, the last time I went there was prior to CB, so usually just hentam the frog legs porridge at Lor 9.

Fried orhluak I head over to Simon Rd. The others either not crispy enough or the tapioca starch consistency not there.

Sheepie,

K.N.N.
Simon Rd shifted liao.
Misleading info whether to Upp Boon Keng or Hougang.

Beef K.T. can try Alexandra Village.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sheepie,

K.N.N.
Simon Rd shifted liao.
Misleading info whether to Upp Boon Keng or Hougang.

Beef K.T. can try Alexandra Village.

When did they shift? OMG. I checked Google and it states the Hougang site permanently closed! Need to look for them to satisfy the cravings.

Will check out the Alexandra V beef kwat teow.

Last edited:

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
When did they shift? OMG. I checked Google and it states the Hougang site permanently closed! Need to look for them to satisfy the cravings.

Will check out the Alexandra V beef kwat teow.

Sheepie,

K.N.N.
Baddest news.
I phoned.
He said "" packed mountain""
liao.
i.e. Retired.

IMG_20201123_131319.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
my tenant is a 6.9th generation vintner who is remodeling his winery and house in livermore. he has to rent for sometime but not too long. today had to repair backyard sod in sillycon valley home again as wild animals, i think they are raccoons, climbed the fence and tore up the new lawn. just installed a wireless motion detector with a light beacon. hopefully tonight it will flash the cretins and scare the shit out of them. very sexhausted after repair. back hurts but not giving up. low ses stuff.
This is a thread about singapore food heritage and dumbfucks like you can end up talking about fucking raccoons in your backyard? are u bipolar?