• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oppo or Redmi or Vivo

which one more durable and problem-free ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
many thanks indeed, bro..........

i read quite a bit on Redmi's MUIU and decided to give up on them liao................

i do find Oppo's budget phones to be overpriced for disappointing specs........i was looking at the A77s since it looks simple and has 8GB RAM + 128GB storage and using UFS2.2........but the screen is only (720 x 1612)........and has no gyro sensor even..............their website said it was tested (20,000 USB plug-in stress tests + 500,000 power button stress) so i was thinking it must be durable lah.................after all few years later if power button or USB not working, cannot repair also mah.........

the Vivo Y35 is just $30 more than the Oppo but has better screen (1080 x 2408) and has physical gyroscope..........also with 8GB RAM + 128GB storage + same processor.........but using UFS2.1............but the USB only tested for 6000 times leh............

the Y35 is on Android 11 but don't know can upgrade or not leh.............also, what about Vivo's FunTouch OS ?............

I have been using the Vivo X50 for 2+ years and they will still push out OS updates as and when (sorry Vivo is FunTouch, not ColorOS.... got a bit confused). Funtouch OS is the simplest and has the least bloat compared to Redmi and Realme.

So far all the hardware like USB, screen or camera in X50 no problem, but then mine is a flagship phone, so you can say priceier leads to better quality. I got a super low end Y02 for my kid few months ago and so far no problem. Y35 is considered high end of the Y series, so I would assume the hardware and build quality should be better.

Sometimes besides reading online reviews, it is good to head down to those phone shops to physically try out the phone. A lot of the low end phones looks great on website and spec table, but when you actually hold it in your hands can tell the build is no good at all.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been using the Vivo X50 for 2+ years and they will still push out OS updates as and when (sorry Vivo is FunTouch, not ColorOS.... got a bit confused). Funtouch OS is the simplest and has the least bloat compared to Redmi and Realme.

So far all the hardware like USB, screen or camera in X50 no problem, but then mine is a flagship phone, so you can say priceier leads to better quality. I got a super low end Y02 for my kid few months ago and so far no problem. Y35 is considered high end of the Y series, so I would assume the hardware and build quality should be better.

Sometimes besides reading online reviews, it is good to head down to those phone shops to physically try out the phone. A lot of the low end phones looks great on website and spec table, but when you actually hold it in your hands can tell the build is no good at all.

so Funtouch is simplest ah.................lagi best.............less likely to cock up............

Y35 is also low end lah.................but more than enough for me lah............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so Funtouch is simplest ah.................lagi best.............less likely to cock up............

Y35 is also low end lah.................but more than enough for me lah............

Stock Android is the best. Funtouch, ColorOS, MIUI etc and all other Tiong Android skins are terrible. Buy one of their phones, use it for a while and find out for yourself if you wish to learn the hard way. :cool:

Samsung's OneUI is also good, their midrange A-series Galaxy phones outsell the premium S-series phones. Only bad thing about Samsung phones is they preinstall a lot of Samsung and Microsoft apps.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would say Funtouch is the most stable and easy to use of the three. Y35 is high end of Y series already lah (call it the highest of the low end or lowest of the mid range), the Y02 I got for my kid then is really low end.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would say Funtouch is the most stable and easy to use of the three. Y35 is high end of Y series already lah (call it the highest of the low end or lowest of the mid range), the Y02 I got for my kid then is really low end.

aiyah.............your kid how old only...............primary school mah................got hp very good liao................last time, pager also no have............ :biggrin:

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I used two of the three brands that you mentioned. All got spoilt in about a year with various issues, basically not durable.

i recommend Samsung A53, excellent screen, you can check out at Popular Bookstores or any electronic stores. A53 has also better camera than A54 for low-light and food mode. If you don't play game, A53 is also ideal at <$400+ (A54 is faster).

Samsung and Apple has the highest security encryption.

Samsung A Series is also less durable than S Series but for the same screen resolution, speed and camera, they cost about half of S Series.

Drawback - A53 don't support eSim and wireless charging. Wireless Charging is slower and heats up phone excessively.
Uncle @SOS long time no see. Are you ok mate ?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro @SOS 加油。 we love you here
Thank you, i wish the best for you.

deserve-better.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to buy a new phone, especially a cheap Android phone, consider doing business with these friendly and trustworthy ah neh merchants. :biggrin:

WhatsApp_Image_2020-07-21_at_4.41.39_PM_5.jpg

160 Race Course Road, 2 mins walk from Farrer Park MRT exit F, open from 11am to 10pm everyday.

You can buy their phones online.

https://www.1p.sg