• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oppo or Redmi or Vivo

which one more durable and problem-free ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bros............

old handphone spoil liao.............no money so got to buy budget China brand phone............anyone has good or bad experience with Oppo or Vivo or Redmi ?

which one more durable ah ?............no money lah............so phone need to last years and years...........

i no need performance since i don't play games..............i rarely use the camera............i rarely go online with phone.............

but i heard the OS of Redmi is very bloated and can cause phone to hang or can't boot................anyone can confirm this ?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Android phone, oppo represent best value. Can tahan my abuse for 3yrs and cover by 2 yrs warranty (1St year cover screen as well)

If privavcy and security is a concern, Only choice is Apple

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I used two of the three brands that you mentioned. All got spoilt in about a year with various issues, basically not durable.

i recommend Samsung A53, excellent screen, you can check out at Popular Bookstores or any electronic stores. A53 has also better camera than A54 for low-light and food mode. If you don't play game, A53 is also ideal at <$400+ (A54 is faster).

Samsung and Apple has the highest security encryption.

Samsung A Series is also less durable than S Series but for the same screen resolution, speed and camera, they cost about half of S Series.

Drawback - A53 don't support eSim and wireless charging. Wireless Charging is slower and heats up phone excessively.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I used two of the three brands that you mentioned. All got spoilt in about a year with various issues, basically not durable.

i recommend Samsung A53, excellent screen, you can check out at Popular Bookstores or any electronic stores. A53 has also better camera than A54 for low-light and food mode. If you don't play game, A53 is also ideal at <$400+ (A54 is faster).

Samsung A Series is also less durable than S Series but for the same screen resolution, speed and camera, they cost about half of S Series.

Drawback - A53 don't support eSim and wireless charging. Wireless Charging is slower and heats up phone excessively.
Yes, Samsung is cleared by Pentagon for it's staff to use

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Android phone, oppo represent best value. Can tahan my abuse for 3yrs and cover by 2 yrs warranty (1St year cover screen as well)

If privavcy and security is a concern, Only choice is Apple

many thanks, bro............also i read that Redmi's OS is a real nightmare.............

Vivo (also 2 year warranty) is also sub-brand of Oppo so i reckon should be okay ?...........

the Oppo A77s i'm looking at is $30 cheaper than the Vivo Y35.........but the Oppo got (720 x 1612 LCD screen) + (no gyroscope sensor).........the Vivo got (1080 x 2408 LCD screen) + (physical gyroscope)...........the Oppo looks nicer though.........

i'm using Zalora e-voucher to buy lah...............but the only Samsungs selling there are the high-end ones............so only left Oppo, Vivo and Redmi lor........

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have used Xiaomi last time, but their lcd screen always mati within 3mths, and need to fork out 200+ for repair.

In the end, my friend recommend me Oppo R7 and I have been using oppo until now

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 months ago bought a Vivo Y21 $174, 2 months ago bought a Samsung A14 $298.
About the same function, but surprisingly I can't find on screen recording on A14, Y21 has built in screen recording.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have used Xiaomi last time, but their lcd screen always mati within 3mths, and need to fork out 200+ for repair.

under warranty also need to pay money meh ?..............screen so expensive ah ?

anyway, i decide not to go for Redmi since i read a lot of horror stories about their OS............

Oppo and vivo mother company is from HK

not China company meh ?............surprisingly Oppo and Vivo are 2nd and 3rd most popular in China.............

About the same function, but surprisingly I can't find on screen recording on A14, Y21 has built in screen recording.

i'm looking at the Oppo a77s becoz the look is very nice............but the screen is only 720 x 1612...........and also no have gyroscope sensor.............!!

i'm also looking at Vivo Y35 which is $30 more..............the screen is 1080 x 2408..............it has physical gyroscope................but the back cover not nice

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

under warranty also need to pay money meh ?..............screen so expensive ah ?

anyway, i decide not to go for Redmi since i read a lot of horror stories about their OS............

Oppo and vivo mother company is from HK

not China company meh ?............surprisingly Oppo and Vivo are 2nd and 3rd most popular in China.............

i'm looking at the Oppo a77s becoz the look is very nice............but the screen is only 720 x 1612...........and also no have gyroscope sensor.............!!

i'm also looking at Vivo Y35 which is $30 more..............the screen is 1080 x 2408..............it has physical gyroscope................but the back cover not nice

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, don't buy a Tiong phone. Their software is terrible.

Get the newly released Google Pixel 7a. It's a budget phone with stock Android and very good cameras.

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_7a

MIdrange Tiong brand phones also more or less around the same price.

i got Zalora e-vouchers mah................so no money involved...........anyway, my usage of phone more basic than old folks...............so either Oppo or Vivo lor......

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
back cover can use a nice cover to cover it. The function and tech qualities is more important for your usage.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
back cover can use a nice cover to cover it. The function and tech qualities is more important for your usage.

i've seen pictures but not photos of the back covers on Shopee...........the fitting so precise meh ?..............i've never used one before becoz the feel of it like rubbery, so weird.......

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Back in 2014-5Xiaomi warranty dun cover the LCD screen , now I dun know liao

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really depends on your budget. Since you've listed Redmi instead of Mi as a consideration, I will assume you are going for lower end models and trying to get the best value for money.

Currently, the popular brands amongst low end models are Vivo, Redmi and Realme. Oppo has spun off its best low end phones to Realme and the remaining low end Oppo models are generally a no go. Their selling point has always been a relatively stronger front camera for each price point, as you're not into selfie Oppo's low end phones are not suitable for you.

If price is all you are going for, then Redmi has the cheapest models available. Redmi is the cheapest amongst the three spec for spec, but I find the build very flimsy and MIUI is the most unstable of all (apps will hang randomly once every few days which requires a restart).

Realme is slightly better but also more expensive. Personally I find Realme's phones very boring without any particular selling point, their camera is likely even worse than Redmi but the overall phone and OS stability feels better than Redmi.

Vivo Y series (their low end model) is the most expensive of the three, but generally I feel has also the best build and quality. Camera wise definitely much better and personally my experience with ColorOS is much better than Redmi's MIUI.

Of course at the end of the day these are low cost phones, so you need to be realistic on what they can deliver. They are good for basic stuff like reading emails, watching 1080p and below videos and simple 2D games, but if you are gunning for those popular 3D FPS / RPG games or anticipate doing indoor and night photos then these phones are going to fall short.

PS: Sorry, just read that you only require basic functions. My personal recommendation is to go for the Vivo Y series phones unless you are really hard up in your budget.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really depends on your budget. Since you've listed Redmi instead of Mi as a consideration, I will assume you are going for lower end models and trying to get the best value for money.

Currently, the popular brands amongst low end models are Vivo, Redmi and Realme. Oppo has spun off its best low end phones to Realme and the remaining low end Oppo models are generally a no go. Their selling point has always been a relatively stronger front camera for each price point, as you're not into selfie Oppo's low end phones are not suitable for you.

If price is all you are going for, then Redmi has the cheapest models available. Redmi is the cheapest amongst the three spec for spec, but I find the build very flimsy and MIUI is the most unstable of all (apps will hang randomly once every few days which requires a restart).

Realme is slightly better but also more expensive. Personally I find Realme's phones very boring without any particular selling point, their camera is likely even worse than Redmi but the overall phone and OS stability feels better than Redmi.

Vivo Y series (their low end model) is the most expensive of the three, but generally I feel has also the best build and quality. Camera wise definitely much better and personally my experience with ColorOS is much better than Redmi's MIUI.

Of course at the end of the day these are low cost phones, so you need to be realistic on what they can deliver. They are good for basic stuff like reading emails, watching 1080p and below videos and simple 2D games, but if you are gunning for those popular 3D FPS / RPG games or anticipate doing indoor and night photos then these phones are going to fall short.

PS: Sorry, just read that you only require basic functions. My personal recommendation is to go for the Vivo Y series phones unless you are really hard up in your budget.

many thanks indeed, bro..........

i read quite a bit on Redmi's MUIU and decided to give up on them liao................

i do find Oppo's budget phones to be overpriced for disappointing specs........i was looking at the A77s since it looks simple and has 8GB RAM + 128GB storage and using UFS2.2........but the screen is only (720 x 1612)........and has no gyro sensor even..............their website said it was tested (20,000 USB plug-in stress tests + 500,000 power button stress) so i was thinking it must be durable lah.................after all few years later if power button or USB not working, cannot repair also mah.........

the Vivo Y35 is just $30 more than the Oppo but has better screen (1080 x 2408) and has physical gyroscope..........also with 8GB RAM + 128GB storage + same processor.........but using UFS2.1............but the USB only tested for 6000 times leh............

the Y35 is on Android 11 but don't know can upgrade or not leh.............also, what about Vivo's FunTouch OS ?............