• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

On 5th Sept 1989, govt projected 3.21 mil population in 2030, and 6.5 mil in 2057!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mah Bow Than, then-National Development Minister assured Singapore citizens in 2001 that, “…even with a 5.5 million population, we can still enjoy a variety of living environments. Although the percentage of low-density housing will be slightly lower, there will be an overall increase of more than 50,000 low-density dwelling units beyond the current stock.” Look at the assurances and even the map that went with the assurances then, with the map and promises being made by the various Ministers today. Do they seem similar?

Then in 2007, the Ministry for National Development projected a population of 6.5 million in 40 – 50 years time. Which means that between 2047 – 2057, the population of Singapore could hit 6.5 million. And just as before, the Minister assured Singaporeans that quality of life won’t be compromised.

- http://www.raviphilemon.net/2013/02...2013/02/paps-history-of-reneging-on-past.html

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: On 5th Sept 1989, govt projected 3.21 mil population in 2030, and 6.5 mil in 2057

Mah Fucking Bow Tan Again??!!! :mad::mad::oIo::oIo:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: On 5th Sept 1989, govt projected 3.21 mil population in 2030, and 6.5 mil in 2057

Since the PAP admitted that it does not have 20 20 vision and it is prone to making all sorts of mistakes, then the people are telling them 6.9 is a mistake which they should pay close heed to.

Perhaps if the PAP can start by sorting out the social problems of inordinately unaffordable housing prices, runaway inflation and costs of living, overstrained public goods and infrastructure and improve the lives of Singaporeans TODAY first before they make more empty promise about TOMORROW... their words won't sound so hollow.

I get the uneasy feeling as if they are in cahoots or working for the property tycoons in Singapore to ramp up property prices even higher....or am i mistaken??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I get the uneasy feeling as if they are in cahoots or working for the property tycoons in Singapore to ramp up property prices even higher....or am i mistaken??

THEY themselves (and their cronies) are the property tycoons and developers.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After 6.9m in 2030, what's next? what is the way forward then?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PROBLEM is that the PAP has never had to face a strong opposition in Parliament. It's only now that angry Sporeans are showing their anger & voting for the opposition.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marbok is a fucktard....if his predictions zhun, I tok!

But then whore jinx blowing away billions might have fast forward the original timeline

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PROBLEM is that the PAP has never had to face a strong opposition in Parliament. It's only now that angry Sporeans are showing their anger & voting for the opposition.

Well, the PAP kept oppressing the dissenters and kept playing dirty tricks during elections (GRC system, redrawing of electoral boundaries, biased mainstream media)... how to have a strong opposition when you're adamant in not letting it happen?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well, the PAP kept oppressing the dissenters and kept playing dirty tricks during elections (GRC system, redrawing of electoral boundaries, biased mainstream media)... how to have a strong opposition when you're adamant in not letting it happen?

The problem has been that people have chosen to close their eyes for too long. I remember years ago having a conversations with some colleagues who had voted for the PAP & they made fun of the SDP when they found out that Chiam was my MP.

The opposition may be weak but they are out there & people chose not to vote for them.
Even when the PAP was screwing them, some people complained about the opposition. Demanding why they aren't helping them:eek: Many Sporeans want to play it safe by voting PAP & yet expect the "weak" opposition they didn't vote for to help them:rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem has been that people have chosen to close their eyes for too long. I remember years ago having a conversations with some colleagues who had voted for the PAP & they made fun of the SDP when they found out that Chiam was my MP.

That's the power of a biased mainstream media for you, right there. It shapes people's opinions, and bend them to its will.

Things have improved with the arrival of the Internet and social media.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Confusious was at the NSP session just now? This was mentioned in NSP just now at Bras Basah. I was there too

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mah Chee Bye should be fucked!

SBFTirak

Alfrescian
Loyal

I very marbok after reading the article.

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

career fair in singapore once we reach 7 million..

job_fair_in_china_4.jpg

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

swmming pool with seven million population.

swimming-pool-china-barcroft.jpg

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

crowded public transportation system with 7 million population.

weirdasianews-com.jpeg

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

7 million drivers!!

how-to-avoid-traffic-jams-35319_2.jpeg

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

crowdedness leads to faster spread of infectious diseases!

ChildWithFlu.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Confusious was at the NSP session just now? This was mentioned in NSP just now at Bras Basah. I was there too

Confusion is all around us. 7 million, to be exact.

BubbleTea

Alfrescian
Loyal

all these rubbish predictions ! they should care more about what people want instead!