• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympic Final Men Single! Now

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Game Over.

LCW needs to tattoo a swastika on his arm to counter Lin Dan's crucifix.

Great game by the world's two GREATEST badminton players.

Kudos to LCW and Lin Dan. Both gave their best, as always.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would have dismissed LCW in straight sets !

20040816030433ec855.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, but Lin Dan is really a damn good player too.
Well done Lin Dan and commiserations LCW.

Agree.. For all of his tantrums, Lin Dan is a very good player.. Don't about you guys, but I feel Lin Dan's the only player to rival Yang Yang in terms of greatness..

As long as he tried his utmost best, I am sure M'sians are proud of his achievements. There can only be one winner. Better than having a fake bronze.

Yes.. I'm sure the Malaysians are proud of his efforts.. At least the Mats managed to a Silver to our Bronze.. The Govt will also reward him for his efforts.. When it comes to sports, the Malaysian Govt really reward its sportsmen well..

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Mediacorp never show my Wu Minxia in 3m springboard diving?
This is so upsetting, my Wu Minxia, oh my Wu Minxia, how I miss your dives.

Time: 02.00 - 6th Aug 2012

So, it not yet start. Now, thinking who is massaging the legs of Wu Minxia. Such long nice legs in the air. LOL!!

Last edited:

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Mediacorp never show my Wu Minxia in 10m springboard diving?
This is so upsetting, my Wu Minxia, oh my Wu Minxia, how I miss your dives.

10M springboard diving? U siao ah? I dun think Wu Mingxia wanna spring dive frm a 10m height! :biggrin:

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exciting match between 2 of the world best!

It's a contrast scene between Lin Dan and LCW after the match. One run round the hall and the other sit down quietly with head facing down. Sigh"......

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a gripping match. Was hoping for LCW to get gold.

Btw what's with all the tattoos on Lin Dan's limbs? Anyone can decipher?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chong wei made a wrong estimation of ze shuttlecok in ze 3rd game wen he was leading 19-... if he had taken it, match cud haf ended different ... mayb there was a draft ...

Last edited:

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Game Over.

LCW needs to tattoo a swastika on his arm to counter Lin Dan's crucifix.

Great game by the world's two GREATEST badminton players.

Kudos to LCW and Lin Dan. Both gave their best, as always.

Agree.. For all of his tantrums, Lin Dan is a very good player.. Don't about you guys, but I feel Lin Dan's the only player to rival Yang Yang in terms .

Agreed. Not forgetting Zhao Jian Hua, another great player.

This Lin Dan vs LCW is akin to the great Yang Yang vs Morten Frost.

Morten Frost also can't overcome Yang at that time. Even the slow and easy Misbun Sidek can't beat Yang, who has great power, and maintain cool under pressure.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zeddy said:
Agree.. For all of his tantrums, Lin Dan is a very good player.. Don't about you guys, but I feel Lin Dan's the only player to rival Yang Yang in terms of greatness..

If Lin Dan is more a percentage player than a showman, he can dominate the game more thoroughly with his extra-ordinary skills. Unfortunately he is given to showboating.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Super Dan is a great, great player no doubt. Trailing 18-16 3rd game and coming back to win it all speaks volumes about the kind of level he is at. Our Sir Fuck You needs to use him as an example to push up tent poles rather than a mere bronze winner in FTW.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Morten Frost also can't overcome Yang at that time. Even the slow and easy Misbun Sidek can't beat Yang, who has great power, and maintain cool under pressure.

Morten Frost won most of the encounters with Yang Yang till the later part. Zhao Jian Hua was actually a better player than YY but quite inconsistent. plus he was damn lucky to fell ill at the peak of his career.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If not mistaken, Yang Yang was the coach who guided the Malaysians to their Thomas Cup glory in the early 90s..

If Lin Dan is more a percentage player than a showman, he can dominate the game more thoroughly with his extra-ordinary skills. Unfortunately he is given to showboating.

There's a bit of cockiness in him that can at times turn people off..

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morten Frost won most of the encounters with Yang Yang till the later part. Zhao Jian Hua was actually a better player than YY but quite inconsistent. plus he was damn lucky to fell ill at the peak of his career.

If I not wrong, Zhao is a left-handed right? A solid player with killing cross shots.