• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oh dear.. SPF is unable to find people with passion to sign up & have to use models

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oh dear.. SPF is unable to find people with passion to sign up & have to use mode

i like :

[video=youtube_share;hwhvByj8YG8]http://youtu.be/hwhvByj8YG8

I prefer this........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0Ba8rQtwY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oh dear.. SPF is unable to find people with passion to sign up & have to use mode

Your method involve long term planning, investing money and time before results can be seen.
Pappies prefer to take the cheapest and easiest way out.
Dun be fooled by such reports....the agenda is to highlight the 'chronic shortage' of manpower so they can again blame it on sinkies for being choosy and further open floodgates to more FTs. As it is now PRs can join the police force. Expect them to take in work permit FTs next.

Few weeks back, my Malay cop friend showed me something hilarious on his FB account.

Many Ah Nehs from India expressed their interest in joining the SPF by posting on the SPF FB wall.. Got one Dhaka cop even asked how to apply for the SPF junior officer post..:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Few weeks back, my Malay cop friend showed me something hilarious on his FB account.

Many Ah Nehs from India expressed their interest in joining the SPF by posting on the SPF FB wall.. Got one Dhaka cop even asked how to apply for the SPF junior officer post..:biggrin:
Dun be surprise the floodgates will open to these FTrash soon......the white scums call it globalisation.
Expect the standards of SPF to go down further a few notches with these FTs.......huat ah!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SPF already recruit Malaysians now....still cannot find enough manpower? Is this another one of those $3k dishwasher BS reports?

Recruitment was never a problem during my time. Not sure if it is nowadays. Back then, retaining staff was a problem. A career in the SPF is only exciting if you are an investigator or front-line officer.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those with 5 O Levels, Diploma holders are just not streetwise enough to become policemen unlike in the olden days of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s..

The present poodles are all spectacle wearing softies who were never involved in any fights before..

These Policemen from those bygone eras had limited educations but were tough cops who knew how to handle the SS in S'pore..

Why can't the SPF lower the entry level requirements?

I'm sure many of our streetwise youths who didn't have the required 5 Os will be interested to join the SPF but were rejected because of they didn't meet the required education criteria..

In fact, should just give chance to students with just N Levels, ITE certs..

Then make them sign a bond and send them for classes to upgrade themselves.. SPF can also replicate the SAF- ITE army scholarships.. In no time, many young people would join the SPF and solve their manpower shortage..

Agree with your observations. Many of our men in blue, especially the senior officers and scholars will not be able to handle a hostile situation.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem is holding on to them - the attrition rate is very high. The job is demanding.

Interestingly mission school boys and girls are a natural as they have a better command of the English language and more worldly. But it is a political nightmare if they say they prefer mission school boys and would lower the grades.

Yes, attrition rate is high but some leave not because job is demanding but they found it boring!

Interesting observation wrt mission school boys.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

copycat copying HK police movie/drama with chiobu cop.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

copycat copying HK police movie/drama with chiobu cop.

I thought they already had a few, including the Rui En drama?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGyuq9g4muQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recruitment was never a problem during my time. Not sure if it is nowadays. Back then, retaining staff was a problem. A career in the SPF is only exciting if you are an investigator or front-line officer.

IO post good only if wanna get promo if can solve gd cases
on the other hand, if the IO kualan then die
bring back many suspected II, the IO will comadose

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

IO post good only if wanna get promo if can solve gd cases
on the other hand, if the IO kualan then die
bring back many suspected II, the IO will comadose

The best test for policemen is to throw them to Investigation Branch. Many so-called JOs identified as "SO material" failed the test in the past but through good 'mountains' were promoted to SO ranks nevertheless.

When you mentioned suspected IIs, reminded me of my days as an IO. Not only IIs, if DSI tulan you and if it is on a weekend, he will bring back many, many accused persons for 'loitering with intent' to bet with bookies. Alternatively, DSI will raid gambling dens and bring back 20 plus accused persons. Sure to pengsan.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The polis themselves also too picky liao. Nsf good enough to be mata but not good enough to be professional police officer. A friend younger brother served in PCG during nsf but he kenna rejected when he want to sign on before he ord. He a chinese by the way, i always laugh at him because of it, joking he just be a damned fark dup to kenna reject. But we know it because he only n level.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The polis themselves also too picky liao. Nsf good enough to be mata but not good enough to be professional police officer. A friend younger brother served in PCG during nsf but he kenna rejected when he want to sign on before he ord. He a chinese by the way, i always laugh at him because of it, joking he just be a damned fark dup to kenna reject. But we know it because he only n level.

something related.....
i knew a guy, hokkien peng sec 2 education......worked in father's zhichar stall........enlisted recruit in SBMT.......this chap was made for the army....performed very well. best PT best recruit etc.....trainers all recommended him for OCS......rejected sent to SAFINCOS.
Again performed well and SAFINCOS trainers recommended him for OCS again...........this time accepted.....got the SOH in OCS......opt to sign on......rejected. His unit CO wrote letter on behalf......still rejected. the perfect soldier calibre. Only reason was his education (lack of). ROD went back to zhichar stall.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then it saf lost but zhi cha stall gain. With him psle, no way he can rise up the ranks even thou he a officer. If he still in the ranks, still got chance to promote to army rsm which earn more than a major which i doubt he be promote beyond kapitan if he an officer.

If he good in zhi cha, of course earn more than a regular of any rank, chao chao also a towkay.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysians are even accepted into the police force now.
Why not Ah Tiongs or ATBs with pink ICs?

there are already atbs in spf.
trust me. They served alongside me at my last reservist.

The noobie local wpcs mentioned that their passing out parade was alongside a squad of china mei meis.

Then I went to HTA to do my ippt, and saw a squad of angmo kias (one squad is about 40 fellas).
But good thing is these angmo kias are NSFs, sons of angmo PRs.