• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Sabah KK Quake, TKPS and its after shocks...

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Those lambasting Tanjong Katong Primary School teachers are just plain ignorant

As I await news of the missing teachers and students (one of the missing teachers is the husband of a good friend of mine), I got rather pissed with some armchair critics who blamed this incident on the school because these armchair critics deemed the activity unsuitable for upper primary school students.

Firstly, was the case of the missing students and teachers a result of negligence, poor planning, or a result of having an activity that is apparently unsuitable for upper primary students? No. It was due to a natural disaster. So why are you blaming the school?

Next, could there have been contingencies? You're talking about an earthquake that occurred in a place that is nowhere near an earthquake zone. Up till Friday, the probability of an earthquake happening in Kinabalu is probably the same as an asteroid hitting Singapore and geologist are still pretty baffled by how it happened (the magma rising theory hasn't been verified, and I have my doubts as usually such activity does not trigger such a serious earthquake). If I were to use these people's flawed logic, that means if I were teaching in a classroom and the classroom got hit by an asteroid, I should be blamed for not having contingencies for my classroom being hit by an asteroid. Heck, might as well have contingencies for a 10 storey-high flood or a volcano popping out in the middle of my school since it has similar probability of happening in SG too, right?

Lastly, Mount Kinabalu has been deemed suitable for upper primary students, by agents and the Mount Kinabalu website advised that children proceeding towards the said destination should be at least 10 years old (http://www.mountkinabalu.com). People of my size and fitness who did not train for it also made it up with nothing more than a trekking pole, what's more students who have been very well prepared by so much training. Parents have the option too to not allow their child to go if they are not comfortable with it.

The school has run this programme for a number of years. So if you had issue with them bringing 12 year-olds up, then question the whole thing much earlier, instead of putting the blame on them for something that they can't prepare for. You would have a lot more credibility than this.

More at Those lambasting Tanjong Katong Primary School teachers are just plain ignorant

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sabah quake (05 June 15) : Day of National Remembrance on 8 June , Monday ,

Erections cuming.....
Wayang also must wayang swee swee.

PAP is really cruel. it is their education policy that murdered these students and teachers.
PAP does not event repent and yet they want to capatalize this issue to secure more votes for PAP

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Those lambasting Tanjong Katong Primary School teachers are just plain ignorant

Yes. You can choose to board the train or not. Nobody forced you.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Act of God can claim insurance meh?

God already told us not to climb mountains but we still climb?

How? Blame Allah or Buddha and other gods can or not?

Because there is no such things call Act of Allah or Act of Buddha.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is really cruel. it is their education policy that murdered these students and teachers.
PAP does not event repent and yet they want to capatalize this issue to secure more votes for PAP

Loong is wise indeed. We expect a landslide victory at the polls.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

many years ago, when SIA had accident in Taiwan, there was no remembrance day.
please correct me if i am wrong

Many years ago your cuntry was not invaded and infested by foreign trash/pests.

Even a hiking trip, I see that native S'poreans form the minority in the group.

A true blue S'porean hero who got buried alive in Nichol Highway, JohnTan's ah gong's goondoo son simply put up a bench to remember him.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many years ago your cuntry was not invaded and infested by foreign trash/pests.

Even a hiking trip, I see that native S'poreans form the minority in the group.

A true blue S'porean hero who got buried alive in Nichol Highway, JohnTan's ah gong's goondoo son simply put up a bench to remember him.

A true Singaporean hero does not get himself killed and shame his country. He regroups at the earliest opportunity to minimize risk of increasing the casualty numbers because it will look bad on Loong. Remember who got the medals and who got the bench, yo.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Those lambasting Tanjong Katong Primary School teachers are just plain ignorant

It is the work of Mother Nature. Some like to call it Act of God! Teachers are not to be blamed in this instance. For goodness sake, teachers and guides were among the dead. Our hearts go out for the primary school kids because of their ages. Too young to die and what a way to go. No one expect it to happen and no one wish it to happen. I feel so sorry for TKPS and the bereaved families. So many acrimonious and unreasonable comments from armchair critics who should know better than to make hurtful comments at this moment of pain and grief. Flags flying at half mast for fun isn't? Come on Singaporeans! Go to TKPS instead and pen your condolences there! That would be both thoughtful and helpful.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

God already told us not to climb mountains but we still climb?

How? Blame Allah or Buddha and other gods can or not?

Because there is no such things call Act of Allah or Act of Buddha.

what ever it is...Altogether they are God's......
Nepal earth quakes...no naked photos...god angry??
same goes to the capsized ferry in Yangtze river...god also angry??

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The star online: 10 students of Tanjong katong primary sch killed

Rachel Ho Yann Shilin, 12, (Female)
Sonia Jhala, 12, (F)
Emilie Giovanna Ramu, 12, (F)
Ameer Ryyan bin Mohd Aded, 12, (M)
Navdeep Singh Jayral s/o Raj Kumar, 13, (M)
Mohammad Ghazi b Mohamed, 35, (M)
Loo Jian Liang Terrence, 29, (M)
Muhammad Daanish b Amran, 22, (M)
Wee Ying Ping Peony, 12 (F) – (Body recovered Friday)

My country is infested with foreign trash/pests and you're too fucking blind to see that majority of them who got killed are newly minted citizens selected from the foreign trash pool!

I extend my deepest sympathy only to the parents & next of kin of native Singaporeans; be they Indians, Malays or Chinese.

I hope more of these newly minted citizens perish in SG50!

I absolutely agree with you. The traitor Pinkie will open his legs to bring in more of these trash!

The only way to stop him is through the ballot box.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're talking about an earthquake that occurred in a place that is nowhere near an earthquake zone. Up till Friday, the probability of an earthquake happening in Kinabalu is probably the same as an asteroid hitting Singapore and geologist are still pretty baffled by how it happened (the magma rising theory hasn't been verified, and I have my doubts as usually such activity does not trigger such a serious earthquake).

Actually Ranau had experienced 5 earthquakes in last 1 year (before accident: 1 large + 2 small).

http://earthquaketrack.com/my-16-ranau/recent

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every day we dun give a shit about God.

When shits happen immediately we blamed God?

What kind of logic is this?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why MOE ?

by your logic, all the midwestern and southern states in the u.s. that have high death tolls as a result of deadly tornadoes this year must be truly incompetent as they allow residents to build their homes right in the unpredictable paths of tornadoes. any competent gov or state would have predicted natural disasters and prevented their citizens from risking danger and death? :*:

http://www.weather.com/storms/tornado/news/tornadoes-return-may-2015#!

We are taking about Spore & not the US, where these 12 year olds were sent into a hazardous environment. In such a place if things can go wrong & in this case it was fatal.

As minors these 12 year olds were clueless of the potential dangers. The parents were probably also ignorant of the dangers. I doubt that even the school authorities appreciated the potential dangers. For them it was simply about KPI's, $$$, promotions,...

Much like in the case of SMRT where the CEO 's focus was on making $$$ for shareholders at the cost of proper maintenance of the trains. This is what happens when you have the wrong people in charge.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

what ever it is...Altogether they are God's......
Nepal earth quakes...no naked photos...god angry??
same goes to the capsized ferry in Yangtze river...god also angry??

Need some human sacrifices to appease the gods, how about those naked Ang Mo idiots!

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt & the teachers fault for the death of the Singapore kids who perished in Sabah?

Blaming the Govt and the Principal for the death of the kids?? This is a natural disaster! Disgusting!

10924195_1636094856602999_6724254888140772520_o.jpg

Attachments

• 10924195_1636094856602999_6724254888140772520_o.jpg
    10924195_1636094856602999_6724254888140772520_o.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 630

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why MOE ?

So how many deaths is considered acceptable:confused: This is not NS but kids going on a field trip.

This looks like a case of incompetence. Something like what went on with our MRT system. For years the CEO did not allocate sufficient $ for maintenance. The eventual outcome is that the system collapsed & we now have breakdowns on a regular basis. Just another honest mistake:rolleyes:

Shouldn't come as a surprise. When you have incompetent people in the system, things will eventually go wrong.

that's why I said the country is farked up and sinkies are blardy stupid. when you have earthquakes even in cities, there are bound to be deaths from falls, heart attacks , injuries, panic running etc. this is called a NATURAL disaster ie nature or god has deemed your time is up. period. Nobody can predict an earthquake or for that matter any tsunami or lightning strikes . MRT failing is different as this is man-made and predictable ie if you do not maintain the trains, it would break down. such a simple concept and you have to tell people that??? !!!!
what you have here are a bunch of people who does not have any common sense at all behaving like spoilt brats(IQ worse than the dead kids!!!!) and cow beh cow bu blaming everyone except themselves. No wonder LKY called sinkies daft(stupid) and this place a nanny state. Go run and cry to mummy whenever a natural disaster strike. soon even exploring bukit timah or going to a field trip to botanical gardens would warrant an indemnity form to sign by the parents. really stupid alot of forummers here talking through their ass.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Govt & the teachers fault for the death of the Singapore kids who perished in Sab

going to place like this is similar to NSF.

If abolish NSF males Singaporeans wont have a probability chance of death in the army environment. Are we to blame Act of God, government or school?

If NSF men died in this quake we ALL blame LHL for instill unnecessary duress to male Singaporeans army training in that area, perspective.

Children should be in school and this type of activities are unnecessary curriculum wasting parents money achieving no value added result to the education system. It is a hode load of rubbish copy angmoh education aimed at spending parents money unnecessarily and also for those educators want to keep their jobs years after years churning out BS education modules.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Govt & the teachers fault for the death of the Singapore kids who perished in Sab

tis shows that sillypootians are real retard.
due to prolonged suppression ,
only know how to listen and obey ,
the mind is completely defunct

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Need some human sacrifices to appease the gods, how about those naked Ang Mo idiots!

Well, the Dayaks, can string up, tar them, & cut off the head for souvenirs & before that, use them to appease the gods on Mt. Kinabalu..

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can claim from the Christian God if you tithe regularly.