• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS law professor in CPIB probe over exchanging grades for sex

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Darinne Ko not in Law Society listing.........? Pupil does not get listed>>>? I thot as a law graduate n having paid the LS annual fee, you will be listed... NO?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Darinne Ko not in Law Society listing.........? Pupil does not get listed>>>? I thot as a law graduate n having paid the LS annual fee, you will be listed... NO?

You become a member of the Law Society only if you are a practising lawyer i.e. in a law firm. And for this class, membership is COMPULSORY and is done on an annual basis. Annual basis because the practising certificate is only good for one year. It must be renewed annually. Master says this will keep these rebellious clowns in check.

In-house (e.g. for MNC, GLC, etc), academic, etc all not members as of right. There is a separate class of membership for non-practising members. It is not compulsory.

Pupils, graduates, etc, do not meet the requirements to be member - they have yet to be called to the Bar.

Excuse me, I'm going to the other bar for some Johnny Walker. Care to join me?

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
You become a member of the Law Society only if you are a practising lawyer i.e. in a law firm. And for this class, membership is COMPULSORY and is done on an annual basis. Annual basis because the practising certificate is only good for one year. It must be renewed annually. Master says this will keep these rebellious clowns in check.

In-house (e.g. for MNC, GLC, etc), academic, etc all not members as of right. There is a separate class of membership for non-practising members. It is not compulsory.

Pupils, graduates, etc, do not meet the requirements to be member - they have yet to be called to the Bar.

Excuse me, I'm going to the other bar for some Johnny Walker. Care to join me?

48mlqj43zhn9.jpg

Then all must dress like this? No wig?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
48mlqj43zhn9.jpg

Then all must dress like this? No wig?

Wigs were never worn in our Subordinate Courts. They were abolished in the High Court when AhLeeBaba's bosom friend Yong parachuted into the job of Chief Justice. His first salvo in a propaganda exercise to wayang his "reformist" credentials.

I have fond memories of this prop made of horse hair. This was on South China Morning Post recently:

"Ronny Tong Ka-wah wears a second-hand wig in court that he bought four decades ago in Britain for a mere £8.

And he has not cleaned the delicate piece since buying it, fearing it may not survive the stress of washing.

The lawmaker, who is also a senior counsel, recalled how he came to possess the wig.

"The original owner was a law student who bought it with an expectation that he would pass the exam to become a barrister. But he failed," Tong said. "So he posted the wig up for sale at Oxford University and sold it at half price, which was £8."

A handmade horsehair wig produced in Britain costs about HK$4,980 in today's Hong Kong.

Tong said he had never washed or dry-cleaned the wig before, for fear that it would fall apart. "It is made of horsehair that is glued together and is not very strong."

In fact, few lawyers would have their wigs cleaned as there is an odd perception that an old and discoloured wig is a better symbol of seniority. But the rows of white curls can become stale and smelly as they absorb sweat and oil from the scalp. A court dress shop in Admiralty charges HK$760 to wash it."

Full article available at:

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1128094/barristers-wigs-more-sullied-better

Don't go near Ronny Tong when he has his wig on, unless you like the bawu :biggrin:

By the way, the two girls behind Tey in the photo, the one on the right near the steps is quite pretty. The one on his left appears to be carrying a ladies magazine. So unprofessional. The proceedings are so boring for her that she has to pass her time reading a magazine?

Last edited:

DamnUseless

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sex-for-grades trial: Another ex-student named in court

20130121.192321_tey.jpg

AsiaOne
Monday, Jan 21, 2013

SINGAPORE - As the sex-for-grades trial involving National University of Singapore law professor Tey Tsun Hang enters its 8th day, a new name has been thrown up in court.

Tey, 41, is facing six charges of corruptly obtaining gratification from former student Ms Darinne Ko, in exchange for giving her good grades. The gratification included receiving gifts and sexual intercourse.

Two officers from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) told the court this morning that a woman whom they referred to as "Brenda", was also brought in for questioning on April 2, the same time as Tey and Ko.

According to the Lianhe Wanbao, the woman is believed to be a former student of Tey's at the Law faculty of the National University of Singapore.

She has since graduated.

According to court documents, "Brenda" is listed as one of the prosecution witnesses, reported the Chinese evening daily. But there was no mention in court about why she was brought in for questioning, and how she is related to the case.

[email protected]

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe already Ah Tey's girlfriend. Most chio.

i think he got a few assistants for this case, all his students. dunno got screw them before or not? for me, he is just another useless jiuhukiah like any other jiuhukiah in the civil service. come sg and porlumpar to gain his status. then got influenced and impressed by the reformasi in mudland, so started to pee on his master feet. legal system is the creme de corps of civil service and lky fav hatchet for cul-de-sac, they will whack u hard if u are out of line. like the Judge Rajendran that was asked to retire early due to the compensation awarded to woody goh defamation case only 20k when woody goh asked for 200k. this horny jiuhukiah tey wrote some articles about our system, that is why they want to whack him. no matter how cock up is cpib, he sure kena gao gao. i think he is married right? dunno what his wife thinking when she know he is screwing his female students and even have mass orgy in is office. i think his head grow too big liao, thought he is in control. now look at all his wayang in the court is really the typical lousy chao jiuhukiah kahlankabok behaviour in civil service.

real Singaporean man representative in the sex news in sg recently are Principal Lee Lip Hong and CNB Comdr Ng Boon Gay. i got no respect for this jiuhukiah tey, i will spit on his face if i see him in person.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is nuts. One wonders how many more are really involved as no student is going to own up. Really abused his position as a teacher.

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CPIB statements were made under duress: law prof in sex-for-grades trial

The law professor involved in the sex-for-grades corruption trial testified his statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) were made under duress.

tey-tsun-hang-503398-data.jpg

File photo: Tey Tsun Hang (TODAY/Don Wong)

SINGAPORE: The law professor involved in the sex-for-grades corruption trial testified his statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) were made under duress.

Tey Tsun Hang, 41, told the court on Monday that the CPIB officers badgered him to confess, threatened him, swore at him, called him names and humiliated him when he was under investigation.

On Monday morning, CPIB Deputy Director, Teng Khee Fatt, took the stand.

He was questioned by Tey, who was conducting his own defence.

Tey accused Mr Teng of conducting an extensive probe on him during his time at the CPIB and piling threats as well.

Mr Teng denied all accusations.

Currently, the hearing is known as a "trial within a trial".

Tey is contesting the admissibility of his CPIB statements, which he maintains were made under duress.

The court will decide if his statements are admissible at the end of the “trial within a trial”.

After this, the main trial will start.

- CNA/xq

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is nuts. One wonders how many more are really involved as no student is going to own up. Really abused his position as a teacher.

And this fella was a judge before. Wonder if he had any flings then...must have as this kind of thing normally happen long time ago. Just that he got caught out now.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found out that this guy was part of Talent Programme run by PSD to identify Malaysians, Hong Kongers etc graduating with first class honours from London main universities> Personally met by CJ and offered a position. What a talent - deflowering his pupils.

And this fella was a judge before. Wonder if he had any flings then...must have as this kind of thing normally happen long time ago. Just that he got caught out now.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought it was reported that he slept with some sub court assistant? Elaine somehting...

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found out that this guy was part of Talent Programme run by PSD to identify Malaysians, Hong Kongers etc graduating with first class honours from London main universities> Personally met by CJ and offered a position. What a talent - deflowering his pupils.

The thing about this case...is that this is not the only one. In my time, we have so many gossips about lecturers having affairs with their students. Why he got singled out ....whilst many others got scoot free....is beyond me.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allegations are being made that the confessions were obtained by CPIB Minions through the use of torture. It seems that the Third World Courts of SinGalore are now holding a voir dire (a trial within a trial) to determine the admissibility of evidence allegedly obtained through the use of medieval forms of coercion. Thus, it is timely to show this video of Subhas explaining how our Constitution theoretically guarantees our human rights but in practice those rights are regularly abused where they are most needed - in the course of criminal investigations by taxpayer funded government agencies. He even tells us that he does not expect this situation to change "within his lifetime"! And this from a criminal lawyer with decades of real life experience defending accused persons. From "Third World to First World" is nothing more than an illusion.

Hint, hint ... time is now 9:43 am in London and 4:43 pm in SinGalore. Somebody is still in the dock. Scroobal has been proven wrong again!

[video=youtube;tJ0YjjbZwTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ0YjjbZwTA[/video]

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't try to act clever "Tey Soon Hang".......so very in character of you......I can prepare a message and email it somewhere for an accomplice to send it on my behalf......An investigator with an IQ of 90 can see through that. Teflon Dons still die in prisons.

Last edited:

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't try to act clever "Tey Soon Hang".......so very in character of you......I can prepare a message and email it somewhere for an accomplice to send it on my behalf......An investigator with an IQ of 90 can see that through.

I can reply to you immediately. Bwahahahaha.

Shall we do it again tomorrow morning? An impromptu conversation on any topic of your choice. Throughout the whole time when the trial is on. Game to take up the challenge?

Your IQ is certified to be not very high. Must be all the FTs crowding into SinGalore.

Cheers and Have a Nice Day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an army of one. Have always been so and will remain so. Intrigue and manipulating stuff is not my art. Mine is to fire a shot at the feet of my target.