• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC proposes better protection for PMETs: Just another wayang show.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know I am being unreasonable, and I do know that I am not even giving it a chance. I also know that you guys will say nothing the PAP does runs right by me. But ask yrself. Why now? After all the water under the bridge?

Why not before the GE2011, when we were all fuming and ranting over the deluge of foreign cheap PMETs aka Indian Indians? Why did not the NTUC then take up cudgels and rap the govt on the knuckles? Why not take the lead to shakedown the FT policy instead of following when it's safe to do so?

Therefore, verily I say unto thee all, tis just another wayang party. Aimed at seeming to solve yr problems but really, not doing anything. Will there be teeth in the laws? Or just a sick toothless tiger?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes bro,,u are right, should have done it at the very beginning and not wait till now,,its too little too late,,FUCK PAP

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck NTUC!!!

Its too late now.. The damage has already been done..

The FT Pundeks from the PMET have invaded every single parts of this island bringing their battalions of family members and their village Kakis along with them..

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is just a PR exercise. Just like the NatCON job.
Why did OYK resigned? What can NTUC do if they can't even help the poor SMRT bus drivers?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporate privileges need to be curtailed. Neoliberalism assumes all parties will regulate themselves, forgetting that union powers are already restricted in SG. The State is the unions, therefore PAP must step in to arbitrate. They seem to forget they can only do so at the auspice of voters. Voters have been way too patient with the ruling party.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When NTUC then Chairman threatened Lam Soon Oil with withdrawal of its products when Carrefour sold it cheaper, i realised that it was no different to a rogue. Imagine that they knew that affordable cooking oil is very important to families especially those that are making ends meet and they do this. They should have matched the price.

Lam Soon in the end had to threaten Carrefour with refusal to sell.

All this came out in court documents and affidavits filed by Lam Soon.

You tell me which fucked up organisation will go this low over basic essential as cooking oil. We are now talking about luxury items, hamburgers or ice cream.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When NTUC then Chairman threatened Lam Soon Oil with withdrawal of its products when Carrefour sold it cheaper, i realised that it was no different to a rogue. Imagine that they knew that affordable cooking oil is very important to families especially those that are making ends meet and they do this. They should have matched the price.

You tell me which fucked up organisation will go this low over basic essential as cooking oil. We are now talking about luxury items, hamburgers or ice cream.

By the way, then chairman was also a PAP MP. Goes to the ethos of this government.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC ? Never Trust Union Congress.Make my toes laugh.NTUC has been sleeping for the last 20 years.
NTUC is a pro-Foreigner Fake union,so how can they represent the singapore workers ?
and u have a clown like Zorrow Lim as the union chief ? kaput !!! Fark the NTUC to hell !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NTUC IS THE MOST USELESS UNION IN THE WORLD WORLD.
Aside from making money, they are ZERO in protecting workers!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC once had cheap sausages on their own shelves until they came up with house brands for the same products. They then took the cheap sausages off the shelves and marked up the house brand sausages to just a little cheaper than other alternatives. Retailers do that all the time, but for a workers' cooperative, it is bad taste.

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few days ago, I received a letter from NTUC Income - Notice of Renewal.

Who signed that letter?

Pui Phusangmook,
Senior Vice President & General Manager
Group & Health

You tell me... NTUC proposes better protection for PMETs?

Protect who? FT or locals?

Enough wayang. Guess you folks know why I am part of the 40% in 2011.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better protection for PMETs?
Ya true, how many % of these PMETs are locals?
I know many FTs are very vocal and complain to MOM
over pay, OT and other issues.
that's why NTUC LL have to protect them.
If not, they all leave this country then NTUC cannot survive liao.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Better protection for PMETs?
Ya true, how many % of these PMETs are locals?
I know many FTs are very vocal and complain to MOM
over pay, OT and other issues.
that's why NTUC LL have to protect them.
If not, they all leave this country then NTUC cannot survive liao.

So it upgrades to becomes Inter-NTUC to propose for better protection?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really sad that such people are the govt and leaders of this country. What's the point of having national education, civics studies, gracious movements and courtesy campaigns when the leaders have their own immoral code?

By the way, then chairman was also a PAP MP. Goes to the ethos of this government.

Last edited:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC up the price of products... Force suppliers to give discount if not threaten not to carry their product in all their supermarket... NTUC gain credit for giving discount but maintain their profit margin...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know I am being unreasonable, and I do know that I am not even giving it a chance. I also know that you guys will say nothing the PAP does runs right by me. But ask yrself. Why now? After all the water under the bridge?

You are not unreasonable. There is a tripartite 3some going on. Their victims are the very people they claim to support.

If you ever spoke to the managers at NTUC Fairprice HQ, you will know how challenged it is to explain how to run the place better and lower prices. They think it is still before SILO days!!! NTUC need to send them to English language classes, for a start.

The Hong Kong IT manager has no idea what he is doing. I heard that he is sacked by the CIO after too much complaints from the Indian FT programmers who thenselves spend more time on materality leaves than doing their work, at their low intellectual pace.

Noticed how the Chiina CCP 18th congress elites admitting their failures to their rural support base last week.

Pui!

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. They are just guarding their profit margins in their pockets.

NTUC up the price of products... Force suppliers to give discount if not threaten not to carry their product in all their supermarket... NTUC gain credit for giving discount but maintain their profit margin...