• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP will contest Marine Parade GRC, says Goh Meng Seng

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: After experiencing walkovers in the last three general elections in 1997, 2001 and 2006, the Marine Parade GRC seems set for a contest in the coming polls on May 7.

The National Solidarity Party's Secretary-General Goh Meng Seng said on Facebook, that the party plans to mount a "historic" campaign in Marine Parade.

One of the NSP's candidates is 24-year old Nicole Seah.

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, who is the anchor Minister for Marine Parade GRC, had recently welcomed a contest by the "NSP young ones". Mr Goh had said that it was good if they started young to serve the people.

The Marine Parade GRC team for the People's Action Party will also include Dr Fatimah Lateef, Mr Seah Kian Peng and two new candidates, Brigadier-General Tan Chuan Jin and Ms Tin Pei Ling, the youngest PAP candidate for the 2011 General Election.

Two incumbent MPs, Mr Matthias Yao and Dr Ong Seh Hong from the PAP are retiring.

Following the electoral boundaries review committee report, the MacPherson single member division and parts of Joo Chiat have now been absorbed into the Marine Parade GRC.

On Nomination Day, papers for the Marine Parade GRC will be filed at Tao Nan School.

There are 154,340 voters in the Marine Parade GRC.

-CNA/ac

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is GMS shaping NSP into a WP?...The resemblance is uncanny barring his online rantings and UFO sightings.

Well he did say Mr LTK is his mentor.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to show my support and faith in GMS/NSP Marine Parade GRC team.

I hereby promise that if NSP don't get more votes in MP GRC from the last time they contested there, I will chop off immediately without delay after MP GRC result is announced. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hereby promise that if NSP don't get more votes in MP GRC from the last time they contested there, I will chop off immediately without delay after MP GRC result is announced. :biggrin:

The last time NSP contested Marine Parade got less than 2% only. How to get lower than that?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advive to NSP:
Contest AMK instead of Marine Parade GRC.
At least your election deposit is gauranteed refundable.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time NSP contested Marine Parade got less than 2% only. How to get lower than that?

You forgot that it is possible for NSP team to get 0%!!! and PAP team 100% if NSP team got disqualified on nomination day. Then our fren really muz potong.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advive to NSP:
Contest AMK instead of Marine Parade GRC.
At least your election deposit is gauranteed refundable.

NSP will comfortably get back deposit, no worries.

at least 20% opposition votes exist in all constituencies.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot that it is possible for NSP team to get 0%!!! and PAP team 100% if NSP team got disqualified on nomination day. Then our fren really muz potong.

They'll have to hire James Gomez to pull off that sort of stunt. Heard he's with SDP. Good luck SDP, take care.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I hate the idea of suicide squads. They are basically throwing a band of jokers together to try their luck against a strong team hoping for a freak result. It's insulting our intelligence, we're never given a real choice. Between a good team and a bunch of losers, is that really a choice. Send in a freaking team made up of A-list candidates. Not something U slap together hoping to get back your fucking election deposit. They might as well concentrate those resources in areas they can actually win. Right now NSP's main job is to slap Mah Bow Tan in the face. Make sure they can do that first and worry about stupid suicide squad later

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I hate the idea of suicide squads. They are basically throwing a band of jokers together to try their luck against a strong team hoping for a freak result. It's insulting our intelligence, we're never given a real

good morning pap dog,

9.20am your 1st post. typical civil serpent. start work at 8am, drink kopi til 9am, 1st post at 9.20am. KNNB. :oIo::oIo:

pap dog, my agenda for today, whack you as usual. fuck u.

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I hate the idea of suicide squads. They are basically throwing a band of jokers together to try their luck against a strong team hoping for a freak result. It's insulting our intelligence, we're never given a real choice. Between a good team and a bunch of losers, is that really a choice. Send in a freaking team made up of A-list candidates. Not something U slap together hoping to get back your fucking election deposit. They might as well concentrate those resources in areas they can actually win. Right now NSP's main job is to slap Mah Bow Tan in the face. Make sure they can do that first and worry about stupid suicide squad later

I bet your wouldn't bet a single dollar on your personal opinion. How can the frog in the well know the unlimitness of the sky beyond???:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VOTERS in Marine Parade GRC will go to the polls for the first time in 19 years, as the National Solidarity Party (NSP) confirmed last night that it will field a team there.

The NSP will square off against the five-member People's Action Party (PAP) team led by Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, with the battle also pitting this election's youngest candidates against each other.

Advertising executive Nicole Seah, 24, is on the NSP ticket while business consultant Tin Pei Ling, 27, is in the PAP team.

Ms Seah's team includes former one-term MP Cheo Chai Chen, 60, who has contested five elections. He won the single-seat Nee Soon Central ward on the Singapore Democratic Party ticket in 1991, but lost it in 1997.

NSP organising secretary Ivan Yeo, 63, a managing director; Mr Spencer Ng, 31, a project director; and Mr Abdul Salim Harun, 29, a warehouse assistant, make up the rest of the team.

NSP president Sebastian Teo said the party decided to stand in Marine Parade GRC - where the last election battle took place in 1992 - so that residents there will get a chance to vote.

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_659363.html

Mr Abdul Salim Harun, 29, a warehouse assistant

Am I the only one in here who would like my MP to at least be able to pass his freaking O-Levels. This is exactly why I am against a suicide squad

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one... quoted for future reference.

Qantas is right.

If NSP didn't turn up on Nomination Day or cock-up their nomination forms, the returning officer will immediately declare the MP GRC result one hor... :biggrin:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
suicide squad or not may not be a bad thing after all. it helps to keep the incumbent busy in their own wards, and not be bua-long-long too free nothing better to do, to lend support & throw smoke at other wards. if u remember, last GE, woody very free go potong pasir & hougang give empty promises.

m.parade GRC uncontested for too damn long, they think they r in autopilot mode. sending contenders to challenge is good, bcos it make sure they wake up from their slumber. the results will show how well or poor the incumbent has performed in the past, as well as a mark of how much faith/confidence the ppl there have for the ex-military yes man & a 27yr old kid.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that's the case they might as well just make everyone in those uncontested ward cast a vote of No confidence to see how much approval rating they get. At least I won't see jokers who can't even pass O-levels coming in contesting as MPs

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that's the case they might as well just make everyone in those uncontested ward cast a vote of No confidence to see how much approval rating they get. At least I won't see jokers who can't even pass O-levels coming in contesting as MPs

CB pap dog,

is minimum O level a legisative requirement?? or ur own CB requirement? stop picking bones. see signature.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one... quoted for future reference.
Qantas is right.

If NSP didn't turn up on Nomination Day or cock-up their nomination forms, the returning officer will immediately declare the MP GRC result one hor...

珺子一言,驷马难追.

anyway if I go SG Pools, bet team A eat +0.5 ball. team A forfeit the match without playing. my bet should be refunded, right? likewise NSP get disqualified, my bet is canceled. :biggrin: