• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NRIC Address - Help Needed

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is sinkapore so inefficient nowadays? Passport renewal takes 5 working days here while in mudland, they can get their passport renewed in a day. I was so shocked when my mudland friends told me that.

The timing is fairly reasonable. It's just that they should have an express service for those in urgent need....can charge more (pappies favourite business model).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm currently staying with my parents. My parents have decided to sell the house and stay with my brother.

I'll be renting a room but I'm afraid that the landlord would not allow me to change my nric address to his. Also, I don't want to change my nric address every time i change landlord.

I know there's a type of service "registered office address" for businesses for about $10/mth.

I just need an address for my nric and receiving mails only. I wonder is such kind of service available for individual?

Thanks in advance!

Use your brother's address la he is your brother isn't it?

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really have no idea how good you have it here. My passport renewal takes 4-6 weeks, costs around SGD320.

wrong answer. the reason why it takes longer now for passport renewal is coz of the biometric features. mudland passport is just a piece of cardboard.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So why does Singapore's complicated passport take only 5 days?

wrong answer. the reason why it takes longer now for passport renewal is coz of the biometric features. mudland passport is just a piece of cardboard.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is only if you do not produce utility or phone bill.

When you apply to change address they don't change for you on the spot, they will send a notice by post to your new address, if you really reside there you should have key to postbox, retrieve that notice and bring back to regularise your IC

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine was lost IC.....one month......knew a few also same.......not say they tekan me only.

oic...lost IC I suppose different....probably have to check got ah long case or things like that or not, still...1 month seems a bit long. did they give a temp IC or something?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oic...lost IC I suppose different....probably have to check got ah long case or things like that or not, still...1 month seems a bit long. did they give a temp IC or something?
A lousy piece of paper that is useless.......banks etc also dun accept one......