• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NRIC Address - Help Needed

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm currently staying with my parents. My parents have decided to sell the house and stay with my brother.

I'll be renting a room but I'm afraid that the landlord would not allow me to change my nric address to his. Also, I don't want to change my nric address every time i change landlord.

I know there's a type of service "registered office address" for businesses for about $10/mth.

I just need an address for my nric and receiving mails only. I wonder is such kind of service available for individual?

Thanks in advance!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If every landlord allowed his tenants to change their address to his, very soon all landlords will be harassed by loansharks who demand payment from the errant tenants.

There is a reason why landlords will never allow that.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is against the law not to give your real address as your NRIC address. So just grab a copy of the PUB bill and change your address at the police station.

I'll be renting a room but I'm afraid that the landlord would not allow me to change my nric address to his. Also, I don't want to change my nric address every time i change landlord.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
You simply need to go to ICA Building, Level 3 Citizen Services Centre or any of the Neighbourhood Police Posts/Centres to update the change of address in your Identity Card (IC) who will then verify the information on his print-out with your personal particulars against the documents produced (check out the acceptable documents below).

A sticker showing the new address would then be printed and pasted onto your existing IC.

Acceptable Documents for IC Address Verification
■Telecommunication / Internet bill
■Service and Conservancy bill from town council
■Utilities bill from Singapore Power
■Cable TV bill
■Credit Card / Bank statement
■Insurance bill / statement / letter
■Tenancy agreement for residence
■Bill / statement / letter from HDB
■Bill / statement / letter from IRAS (e.g. Income Tax, Property Tax, etc)
■Bill / letter from LTA (e.g. Road Tax)
■TV / Radio license bill
■Statement / letter from CPF

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I'm not wrong, you need to bring along your utility bill either in you name or a household member as proof of residency. So P.O. Box or secretarial office will not work.

Why don't you change it to your brother's address?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm currently staying with my parents. My parents have decided to sell the house and stay with my brother.

I know there's a type of service "registered office address" for businesses for about $10/mth.

I just need an address for my nric and receiving mails only. I wonder is such kind of service available for individual?

Thanks in advance!

My thought is why don't you change the address to your brother's where your parent is staying with.

I hope your parent is selling the place to buy another house (bigger or smaller doesnt matter) but not giving the money to the sons and daugther, for them to buy a bigger house, or as downpayment or.....

Better still, if your parent have another house, then no worry there.....

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
says you have to bring along some sort of bill. if that bill goes to PO BOx i wonder why not.
but i havent actually gone to police station .yet to try

Unlikely that you will have any bills to show if you just rented the room. Your best bet is the tenancy agreement i guess. Unless it's a dodgy rental agreement :smile:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks in advance!

lianbeng replies: go to ICA lah they can help u! :biggrin: