• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Not sure what to spend money on

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
still i like to know my country/state is looking after me and has my best interests at heart,and i can still sleep safe and secure in my bed no matter what happens.millions can be lost,business can go bankrupt and insolvency.

instead of dicking around with my taxpayer dollars and paying themselves millions.

The degree with which a "country" will take care of you is in the hands of a country's politicians and I can assure that there is not a politician in the world who cares more about someone else than he does about himself.

You're extremely naive if you think the policies of any country are cast in stone. Nothing could be further from the truth. Many Kiwis found this out the hard way when Rogernomics was introduced and the foundations upon which NZ society were built was turned upside down in a matter of months.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought u said u find more pleasure in saving money than spending it?thats how u saved 500k over 12 years?everyone has some sort of subconcious target or internal measurement that once they reached they will feel rich,maybe u reached that internal richometer and now u feel rich and lost and wondering what to do since accumulating more wealth seems pointless and futile?

after all a china billionaire once said,hes made so much money that money has no meaning anymore,and it no longer provides any goal or motivation in his life.thats when u start to seek the higher tiers in maslow's hierachy of life,the greater meaning of life,the self actualization,where its no longer about self,u need to deal with the problems of society and mankind and become an omnipotent being godlike being like dr manhattan whose shoulders the fate of the universe rest upon who seeks to understand the purpose of the human race and its existence.

Yes, saving money is still now part of my pleasure. But at the same time I wonder I do this for what purpose, becos the money saved is too little to enjoy the high life. For the low life style I already have everything. I even find holiday not so enjoyable and tiring :cool:

If you are talking about the high flyers , maybe yourself too, who has a goal for growing your wealth to the extend of buying several properties, then it is a different topic I would say. With my current pay, even I save 100% of my pay mthly, I would not be able to buy even 1 condo.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't take $ with you when you go to the crematorium.
So people should consider spending more money on their own health e.g. buying organic food, health supplements, take trips to de-stress,.., rather than spending it on hospital bills.

yeah, good suggestion. Perhaps I should look closely on health supplement.
Taking trips is no longer a enjoyable things to me anymore. I find it tiring. This is in fact the primary feeling that triggered me starting this thread.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The money you have accumulated should be used to launch your journey towards achieving financial independence. It should be invested not spent.

The amount does not matter as long as it is made to work for you. If you spend it you no longer have a foundation upon which to build more wealth.

I do not want to end up like Tim Cook .

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone needs a sense of security to feel good and at ease. As long as you set aside an amount, and/or made investment arrangements that you are comfortable with. As the world economy evolves, make sensible economic decisions and plan.

The rest just spend if that makes you happy. Spend within your means.

Some people save and save, and that makes them happy also.

It's important to be happy. We never know when is the last moments of our lives.:(
Perhaps I should just continue to save and save and save for the pleasure to continue..since the normal way/means of spending no longer makes me happy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
by investing the amount is not able to provide me a high flyer life as well. This is the cause of my concern.

You don't get to the flying high status by investing in other people but you can get fantastic returns by investing in yourself.

In managed to turn $1000 into $50,000 in a matter of 18 months by doing just that and the $50,000 was then used as a launchpad for what now funds my retirement.

I'm no genius, high risk taking, gifted entrepreneur. I was just an ordinary bloke like you. The only thing that drove me was the desire not to be beholden to anyone else in my old age.