• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Not Flying the Familee Flag Will Make SGs Lose Face to Foreigners?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
want to protest must hang the flag upside down

And get pestered at your doorstep by the RC porlumpars and the irrationally patriotic Sinkies?

How about not flying the flag in the first place?

You'll also save on soap and water used for washing the flag.

Conservancy charges are going up, so you must save every penny.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look, they even have a website to promote flying the flag. Pathetic.
http://letsflyourflag.sg/

OIHiD.png

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
My home is not flying the flag, largely because ours is rather worn and faded and rather amusingly we were told by a concerned grassroots member we should stop flying it.

My dad, being a former grassroots member himself, did attempt to get a replacement and was told to fork out a fee to get one. I can remember that day clearly because my dad's face was as black as a thundercloud and he was telling me the government had taken this fee-based approach overboard. And thus we never did bother to hang it out again.

I have to ask my parents if the residents committee came by during the weekdays to persuade people to put it up. Probably not, since my area is totally devoid of flags save for a few.

By the way, this was many years ago, long before the side effects of the PAP's policies began to be felt in full force. I have grown to learn that nationalism/patriotism and all the emotional ties can be weakened little by little as they can be strengthened little by little.

I am looking forward to National Day as I would be gathering with some close friends to feast on a good dinner and talk shop about everything under the stars. Hope all of you here enjoy the public holiday - I certainly will.

pity your father. My family never hang that flag all along and was given a free one recently by the RC.

Last edited:

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last year a friend of mine flew an old S"pore flag. When another friend teased him about it, he said the old flag is like the old S'pore, the one he likes. Well, he has his way of symbolising his dislike for the present day S'pore. lol. Not sure if he is flying any flag this year.
Me stopped flying the flag long ago liao. But if can find an old one, may just decide to fly it to show my wish for the old S'pore that we knew years ago.:biggrin:

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal
got free got fly,no free no fly.if want to fly,I should aldy fly to other destination.so come 9th aug I just go to park n see those bird fly freely.