• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

North Korea Kim Jong Il passed away. He was 69.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun think his son is wayward, he had his education in Germany and Switzerland. He could be the Deng Xiao Ping of NK.

heard he studied in switzerland and flop his exams there, he only interested in playing and not studying while he was there.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
americanos now very happy.hope n korean kapotk......the greatest satan in this globe is you know who!!!

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swipey,

I agree with you on the Taiwan issue.

In the same vein, China would prefer things to remain status quo in the Korean Peninsula as well.

It may be the 2nd largest economy in the world, but uncertain times are ahead. China is on its way to become the next Japan once the property bubble is pricked.

North Korea depends a lot on China aids so the Chinese will naturally have a strong influence over NK internal affairs. any Pyongyang leaders have to cement a close relationship with Beijing. the new NK regime might look favorably towards South Korea and USA but it's unlikely to be on their immediate radar for now.

i'm not sure if China will be sorry to see the collapse of North Korea regime. NK as an important buffer state is a thing of the past. NK now seems more of a burden to China than anything else. China don't need the NK issue to play off the Taiwan issue with USA. China are never interested in immediate reunification with Taiwan. the Taiwanese under whichever political party are not going to declare formal independence. the Taiwan issue from China position is "already settled."

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the same vein, China would prefer things to remain status quo in the Korean Peninsula as well.
It may be the 2nd largest economy in the world, but uncertain times are ahead. China is on its way to become the next Japan once the property bubble is pricked.

yes, status quo in both Taiwan Straits and Korean Peninsula for now and foreseeable future, leave the tough issues for future generations to decide.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cringe everytime you make a political assessment. You are really poor at it and this has been a discussion we had before. Political analysis is not what you like to occur or going to occur but an assessments of all the factors that are in play and which way they are likely to pull. You remind me of Ramseth who is writes grammatically but half of it is hogwash. Those not familiar with the subjects think that you and him are experts.

Sleaguepunter assessment is more appropriate. NK as buffer state is absolutely key. No different to US, old Soviet Union and the Cuban Missle Crisis and the cold war and the accompanying states. And there is no love between the Koreans and the Chinese. The same premises apply in that part of the world and that is the reason why the Chinese poured across the Yalu river during the Korean War.

North Korea will continue to be an important buffer state for China just as it places immense value on Myanmar and Pakistan for the same reason. Again like North Korea, it nothing to do with the love of these countries.

North Korea is also important as it an excellent proxy for mischief and to create uncertainty and keep their arch enemy and formidable adversary occupied and keep guessing what next.

The China - NK equation has nothing to do with Taiwan. The only consideration is to test the US resolve in that area.

Another important and correct comment by Sleaguepunter is the independence of the NK Communist party and he is absolutely right. They are aligned to old school Stalinism rather than Maoism. The North Koreans are completely clued in how important they are to China and have decided on milking it to the hilt. This has been the case from the days when China intervened in the Korean War.

One could see the same when China stood alongside Vietnam against the US and when the American left China fought a short and bitter war with the Vietnamese.

North Korea depends a lot on China aids so the Chinese will naturally have a strong influence over NK internal affairs. any Pyongyang leaders have to cement a close relationship with Beijing. the new NK regime might look favorably towards South Korea and USA but it's unlikely to be on their immediate radar for now. i'm not sure if China will be sorry to see the collapse of North Korea regime. NK as an important buffer state is a thing of the past. NK now seems more of a burden to China than anything else. China don't need the NK issue to play off the Taiwan issue with USA. China are never interested in immediate reunification with Taiwan. the Taiwanese under whichever political party are not going to declare formal independence. the Taiwan issue from China position is "already settled."

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy Crying ??? Machiam all wayang crying siah.... :biggrin:

[video=youtube;9Xy2InXXIkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xy2InXXIkk[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their upbringing from cradle to grave is organised, regimented and laid out. They are genuinely crying because they have Been raised to know only one master and beholden to one master. They have no access to external news, they have no other influence other than the State. Their most important thought each day is to eat sufficiently to stay alive. This country is completely off the planet and has no resemblance to any other despotic regime. Even the generals are unlikely to move against the Kim's because do not know the power they have.

Any change will have to come from the heir. Unless he he completely abandoned the country, no one will step in.

bro,if they hadn't cried that hard for show, they could be crying that hard for real later :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will not have a chance to cry. We will be so busy reading the various SPH publications carrying photos and articles how he parted the red sea, landed on the moon, cared for the poor and destitute in Calcutta, the launching of iPhone and iPod, provided housing for the masses, changed an idyllic fishing village into a modern metropolis etc.Then the next day, we will watching the comments from various members of cabinet, to see who will make the next move.
Wonder if Mafia Mentor Lee Kuan Yew dies, sinkies will cry like them.:p:biggrin::smile:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cringe everytime you make a political assessment. You are really poor at it and this has been a discussion we had before. Political analysis is not what you like to occur or going to occur but an assessments of all the factors that are in play and which way they are likely to pull. You remind me of Ramseth who is writes grammatically but half of it is hogwash. Those not familiar with the subjects think that you and him are experts.

i really can't bother to write anything to explain my POV to you. Kan Ni Na Bueh Chao Chee Bye, You Cheebye Kia!! i'm not interested in your opinions. :mad::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scroobal said:
Their upbringing from cradle to grave is organised, regimented and laid out. They are genuinely crying because they have Been raised to know only one master

You are totally right. I had the opportunity to witness at close range at an international convention North Koreans presenting papers. For each paper there was a pre-amble praising their Great Leader and it was always the same citation. At the first, every member of the floor was already smiling or giggling. But the same was reported in the second paper so much so the Chairman had to request for a stop to it. When I spoke to them during the interval, it came across to me that they really believed that they had a great country. They would not have the money to buy any souvenir back with them from the meeting but I would imagine that they would blame the government there (in that occasion, it was the US) of making the things so expensive. Such was the degree of indoctrination that these people had been subjected to.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are totally right. I had the opportunity to witness at close range at an international convention North Koreans presenting papers. For each paper there was a pre-amble praising their Great Leader and it was always the same citation. At the first, every member of the floor was already smiling or giggling. But the same was reported in the second paper so much so the Chairman had to request for a stop to it. When I spoke to them during the interval, it came across to me that they really believed that they had a great country. They would not have the money to buy any souvenir back with them from the meeting but I would imagine that they would blame the government there (in that occasion, it was the US) of making the things so expensive. Such was the degree of indoctrination that these people had been subjected to.

It is same as Jesus and Christian God who need to be praise all the time

Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;yp6cB7BGj48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6cB7BGj48&feature=related[/video]

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
820x.jpg

x780.jpg

A woman and her son cry as North Koreans gather after learning death of their leader Kim Jong Il on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 in Pyongyang, North Korea. Kim died on Saturday, Dec. 17, North Korean state media announced Monday.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
780x.jpg

820x.jpg

810x.jpg

In this photo released by China's Xinhua News Agency, North Koreans bow in front of a bronze statue of the country's founder Kim Il Sung in central Pyongyang, North Korea, to mourn the death of their leader Kim Jong Il on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011. Kim Jong Il died on Saturday, Dec. 17, North Korean state media announced Monday.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
780x.jpg

810x.jpg

South Korean conservative protesters shout slogans during a rally marking the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il at downtown of Seoul, South Korea, Monday, Dec. 19, 2011. The sign reads " Freedom, Unification and Death of Kim Jong Il."​