• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nominate Nicole Seah for NMP

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have been said about the need for a representative voice in Parliament for the footloose generation (Gen Y).

It is very obvious to all that Tin Pei Ling is definitely the wrong candidate for this position. Since there are nine positions for Nominated Members of Parliament (MNPs), I would like to suggest that Singaporeans petition the government to appoint Nicole Seah as our <a><b>NMP</b></a> for Gen Y. This will also not deprived the other opposition parties (WP and SPP) of the need to give up one of their NCMP seats to Nicole!

Perhaps, some Gen Y champions would like to take up this challenge to garner the requisite signatures from members of the public.

Just for information:-

<a><b>There are two categories of nominated Members of Parliament.</b></a>

Cat 1 - Up to a maximum of 9 NCMP (non constituency Member of Parliament) Subtracting the number of elected opposition MPs (in this case is 6) the balance 3 seats will go to the top 3 losers (ie. Lina from SPP, Yee Jenn Jong from WP and one more to be proposed by WP for East Coast GRC)

Cat 2 - 9 NMP (Nominated Members of Parliament) (this will be nominated by PAP government to represent the various interest groups within our community) - <a><b><font=R>We should sponsor Nicole Seah for this category!</b</font></a>

Knowing the PAP government, I am very sure there naturally will not nominate an opposition member for NMP, that is why we need a petition to get her the position. If PAP genuinely wanted a voice for Gen Y, then I think they should listened to the voice of the people.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let Nicole try con we all can see they performance of both young candidate NS vs TPL.
So all Singaporean can judge for themself.
Both
1. Young
2. Female
3. 1st time candidate
4. Both from same constituency

dankos

we have a NMP who is supposedly there to speak for the young : joselin yeo.

but what a waste of space. i never see or hear from her since the day she collected her nmp cert from nathan. CCB.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have been said about the need for a representative voice in Parliament for the footloose generation (Gen Y).

It is very obvious to all that Tin Pei Ling is definitely the wrong candidate for this position. Since there are nine positions for Nominated Members of Parliament (MNPs), I would like to suggest that Singaporeans petition the government to appoint Nicole Seah as our <a><b>NMP</b></a> for Gen Y. This will also not deprived the other opposition parties (WP and SPP) of the need to give up one of their NCMP seats to Nicole!

Perhaps, some Gen Y champions would like to take up this challenge to garner the requisite signatures from members of the public.

Nicole is not the best loser. For her to be NCMP, people like Lina Chiam (SPP), Yee Jenn Jong (WP), one from WP East Coast GRC, etc have to give up first.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is not the best loser. For her to be NCMP, people like Lina Chiam (SPP), Yee Jenn Jong (WP), one from WP East Coast GRC, etc have to give up first.

Agreed. Lina Chiam is not going to give up her NCMP because like it or not SPP needs to maintain a presence. As for WP, well they got a good thing going now. Not likely to give up so easily. In fact, 6 MP allowances plus 2 NCMP allowances will enable them to do alot more things.

dankos

TS u saying NMP or NCMP.?

if NMP then i dunno how many can be nominated. if NCMP then even if it is offer to them, it will be up to nsp to decide who should take up right.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That depend on Prataman to nominate 9 NMP.
Hope Nicole is one of them and WP- Lee Li Lian to disgrace SDA useless leader to disband the party.

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think this NCMP is transferable.

If SPP or WP reject it, then it's lost

To WP, offering it to Yee and the East coast team will give them more profile in future.

For SPP, I hope internally they can offer it to someone who will be their sec general in future.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
That depend on Prataman to nominate 9 NMP.
Hope Nicole is one of them and WP- Lee Li Lian to disgrace SDA useless leader to disband the party.

It's not the prataman's say, it's the regime. They'll never let Nicole anywhere near them.