• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NOL run into the ground by PAP scholar Generals, now being sold to French. WTF

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So clearly, there must be some clarification on PAP policy. Why the WP will not ask this question is beyond me. The question to PAP is:

At what point can a GLC, taxpayer funded start up, and internationally reputed company be sold off to foreign buyers? What is the criteria? Like this, can SIA be sold off in the future too? What is the criteria under which GLCs like NOL, SQ, Sembcorp, etc could be sold off? 2 quarters of losses? 2 years of losses? Or if someone approached them for the right price? Fucking PAP better come clear and explain.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So clearly, there must be some clarification on PAP policy. Why the WP will not ask this question is beyond me. The question to PAP is:

At what point can a GLC, taxpayer funded start up, and internationally reputed company be sold off to foreign buyers? What is the criteria? Like this, can SIA be sold off in the future too? What is the criteria under which GLCs like NOL, SQ, Sembcorp, etc could be sold off? 2 quarters of losses? 2 years of losses? Or if someone approached them for the right price? Fucking PAP better come clear and explain.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Allow me to pose your message or question to the government, and via this website, as an open letter to the government, and/or Temasek Holdings, and please respond accordingly.

Thank you.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, F&N, NOL, these generals are only good at 变卖家产. How many more examples do we need to debunk this myth that SAF scholars can run any commercial enterprise?

I think NOL is a damn good example against high ministeral salaries. The Government claimed that these mutherfuckers would have earned more outside and NOL saga clearly shows that in open waters, they fucking sink.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Allow me to pose your message or question to the government, and via this website, as an open letter to the government, and/or Temasek Holdings, and please respond accordingly.

Thank you.

Feel free to do so. You can leave out the expletive. LOL. maybe try this version:

"At what point can a taxpayer funded Pioneer Company and internationally reputed GLC be sold off to Foreign Buyers? What is the criteria for this to happen? Can SIA also be sold off in the future? What is the criteria that Pioneer and Legacy companies, companies that have been started with taxpayer funds almost as long as this country has been Independent, be allowed to be sold off? We are talking such companies as NOL, SIA, Sembcorp, etc. Is the criteria 2 quarters of losses? 2 years of losses? Or if someone approaches them with the right price? The PAP had better come clear and explain."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Exactly, F&N, NOL, these generals are only good at 变卖家产. How many more examples do we need to debunk this myth that SAF scholars can run any commercial enterprise?

As long as the WP fail to bring all these points up in Parliament and during the elections, people are not constantly bombarded with it and hence 70% dumbshits continue to vote for the PAP. During the elections, PAP say oppos candidates not qualified to run the govt. Well, the oppos should have fired back with neither are ex SAF generals.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the WP fail to bring all these points up in Parliament and during the elections, people are not constantly bombarded with it and hence 70% dumbshits continue to vote for the PAP. During the elections, PAP say oppos candidates not qualified to run the govt. Well, the oppos should have fired back with neither are ex SAF generals.

Excellent.

Hello, Workers Party, are you reading this?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wondered why those sailors(U know who) who steered NOL to great heights
in its heyday, did not come back for "reservists" when it is wrecked in
choppy waters now and then?

Shall we call them fair-weather people?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Probably they can't even if they wanted too.
Another selfish reason is those individuals wants to preserve whatever legacy they have.
And do not underestimate the face factor for this proud govt too.
Example if the German football team in bad shape now....I doubt franz beckenbauer would be recalled.....or if he would volunteer himself.
Recent example of thai airways former execs appealing to thai govt for them to return to steer company

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

None of your business if the family decides to sell its jewels. We should be thankful they can fetch a good price no? Without the PAP there can be no million dollar GLCs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If you invite back all the former executives with real shipping experience to run NOL, then where would you put all the SAF ex-scholars? We only know the asshole General Ng is the CEO. How many more ex scholar SAF Colonels and Lt Colonels are populating the management ranks of NOL. Look at how many people the fucktard Desmond Kuek brought over from the RSAF. You think Ng did not bring any?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
im pretty sure,theres hundreds of thousands of these articles floating around the internet,the problem is mainstream media and mediacorpse control 90 percent of what sinkies see and hear,there are no alternative newspapers or television channels or magazines like there is in hong kong.and less than 10 or 15 percent of sinkies actually read all these alternative websites and forums.and a large portion of sinkies just dont give a shyt anyways,they are too preoccupied with their iphones launches,their balhmain at uniqlo and eating their pastamania and ding tai feng.also sinkie are a balless population,anyone brave enough to speak out will be seen as crazy or mad dogs.

But to keep and maintain a real democracy, it takes work. This is not like 20 years ago. If the mainstream media is controlled by the Govt, there are as you stated still many thousands of articles, not only here on Sammyboy but on many other websites and blogs. Its imperative that singaporeans (knowing that they are only getting one point of view) should on their own initiative go and search out other views and opinions. If they are lazy and just rely on the PAP to spoon feed them and not do their own research, then its their fault.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you invite back all the former executives with real shipping experience to run NOL, then where would you put all the SAF ex-scholars? We only know the asshole General Ng is the CEO. How many more ex scholar SAF Colonels and Lt Colonels are populating the management ranks of NOL. Look at how many people the fucktard Desmond Kuek brought over from the RSAF. You think Ng did not bring any?

Don't rock the boat lah! My son and daughter are primed to win president scholarships! You don't fcuking ruin their career path!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't rock the boat lah! My son and daughter are primed to win president scholarships! You don't fcuking ruin their career path!

I did not realize I have such control over their careers and life. If that is the case, I suggest they check their DNA because such potential scholars obviously cannot come from a retarded PAP dog like you.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good plan ...win the scholarship and then don't come back ...makan at least $1 million each! You are a darn good crook!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good plan ...win the scholarship and then don't come back ...makan at least $1 million each! You are a darn good crook!

I am thinking of at least $50-60 million each over the course of the career lifespan of the above average President Scholar. It could be more, if they manage to rise to CEOs of GLCs. General Ng is a lucky guy! There are many parents out there all over Singapore who wish for their kids to be like General Yat Chung when they grow up.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sell NOL along with PSA as bonus issue............... PSA sure to win more biz

NOL should never be sold for any amount of money. Its a national security and national defense issue. Imagine there is a threat of war or even actual conflict. which shipping line will continue services to singapore? Their insurance companies will not insure the ships who go into a designated war zone. How do we then get our supplies and weapons? You trust the Malaysians to let in what we need? Only a national shipping company like NOL with singapore flagged ships, can be ordered to send their ships to singapore for purposes of resupply and what not. Unless you have a large navy with container capability, we absolutely need NOL. On the other hand, if the PAP is saying there is no need for NOL, because the prospect of war or conflict is non existent, then what is the purpose of a $13 billion defense budget?