• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Wonder Yaccob wants to censor: But BBC doesnt care

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.pressrun.net/weblog/2009/03/straits-times-censors-pms-bbc-interview.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/video_and_audio/7950333.stm

I am not comparing myself and I don’t look at these rankings.We go on a system which is open, honest, transparent – what is the job worth, what is the quality of the person whom you want. We need the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars. And you cannot do that if you are pretending and you just say, ‘Well, we are all in it for the love of King and Country’. We want it to be honest, we want people not to come in for the money. But at the same time the sacrifice cannot be too great. And at times like these, you want the best possible government you can have.

Yeah right

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH censor BBC interview with PM

It’s amusing to see the Singapore newspapers have not run the complete BBC interview with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The broadsheet Straits Times and the freesheet Today have not published the last question asked in the interview, which can be heard in a five-and-a-half-minute audio clip on the BBC World Service website.

The interviewer said: “Finally, Prime Minister, I read that you are apparently the highest paid head of government in the world. Your salary is about four or five times what President Obama gets. Are you worth all that money?”

PM Lee laughed and said: “I am not comparing myself and I don’t look at these rankings.We go on a system which is open, honest, transparent – what is the job worth, what is the quality of the person whom you want. We need the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars. And you cannot do that if you are pretending and you just say, ‘Well, we are all in it for the love of King and Country’. We want it to be honest, we want people not to come in for the money. But at the same time the sacrifice cannot be too great. And at times like these, you want the best possible government you can have.”

Why on earth did the Straits Times and Today censor the Prime Minister’s interview?

The Prime Minister did not hesitate to answer the question.

So why did the Singapore newspapers not run the question and the answer?

It looks silly because people visiting the BBC World Service website are likely to come across the interview and discover that the Singapore media are still censoring the news.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SPH censor BBC interview with PM

$68 million per scholar over their life time. Assume that we have a conservative number of 400 of them (ministers, Admin Service, Judges etc) ...it will cost taxpayers $27,200,000,000 ($27 billion).

Do they generate that much value for sinkapore?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very few Singaporeans would browse the BBC website. Indeed, I do not, even if I listen to the World Service on the radio while driving.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Taking two recent examples of Vivian and Yakult's public performances and utterances, the Braddell prostitutes know that the inclusion of that last part will make everyone roll on the floor and laugh.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i listen to the world service in the car...

so now they are going to try and censor jam the BBC as well...

if the rest of the world can hear then why not us....
what do i always say about having balls

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OPEN, HONEST, TRANSPARENT, - hmm, we actually don't know how much each of the ministers are getting in total each year.

QUALITY OF THE PERSON - hmm. I don't know what to say. Difficult to judge because the CEOs of MDA and NEA have not opened their mouths nor appeared in person or in the media. And let's not even talk about Yakult and Vivian as well as "What-do-you-think" Rear Teo.

WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO COME IN FOR THE MONEY - hmm. Bargain Hen, Indranee, Shanmuggam yes. Any others?

SACRIFICE CANNOT BE TOO GREAT - hmm, like DisGrace Fu, Overtime Tan who miss seeing their children growing up and not being able to spend time with their ageing parents.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
OPEN, HONEST, TRANSPARENT, - hmm, we actually don't know how much each of the ministers are getting in total each year.

QUALITY OF THE PERSON - hmm. I don't know what to say. Difficult to judge because the CEOs of MDA and NEA have not opened their mouths nor appeared in person or in the media. And let's not even talk about Yakult and Vivian as well as "What-do-you-think" Rear Teo.

WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO COME IN FOR THE MONEY - hmm. Bargain Hen, Indranee, Shanmuggam yes. Any others?

SACRIFICE CANNOT BE TOO GREAT - hmm, like DisGrace Fu, Overtime Tan who miss seeing their children growing up and not being able to spend time with their ageing parents.

BBC should have counter argued

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this new internet control thing is under the direction of Pinky and Old Fart. Yakult is too freaking dumb to even tell the difference from his ass and his face. That is why his internet controls crap is not workable. It would have been much easier to censor the internet like in Ah Tiong land.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

People who are "the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars".... hmmm... that troubles me no end.

We have people who screw up time and again, that's what I know for a fact. We have housing that we can barely afford. We have overcrowding that the infrastructure can't handle. We have inflation that is weighing on us.

Are we really paying for the best people for the job? Or are they all duds?

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taking two recent examples of Vivian and Yakult's public performances and utterances, the Braddell prostitutes know that the inclusion of that last part will make everyone roll on the floor and laugh.

what about the great escape of a limping terrorist mas selamat? they don't seem to be accountable and they just continue to laugh all the way to the bank with their obscene million$.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why broadcast bbc rubbish! there are more important stuff to report.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
OPEN, HONEST, TRANSPARENT,

OPEN ---- All the TOP POSTS in Sg is only OPEN TO MEMBERS OF THE FAMILEE

HONEST ----- we LOOK HONEST ONLY FROM THE OUTSIDE

TRANPARENT ----- the only thing that is TRANPARENT is our DRINKING GLASS

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is much truth in what you say. I just can't fathom why the Braddell Broadshit published such a large part of that interview.

Why broadcast bbc rubbish! there are more important stuff to report.

jw5

Loyal
People who are "the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars".... hmmm... that troubles me no end.

We have people who screw up time and again, that's what I know for a fact. We have housing that we can barely afford. We have overcrowding that the infrastructure can't handle. We have inflation that is weighing on us.

Are we really paying for the best people for the job? Or are they all duds?

It's delusion of the highest order, how much "value" they think they are creating.
It has reached a stage where some of them probably think they are worth their exorbitant pay, i.e. some are FB and not AB.