• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No wonder costs out of control!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wonder why costs of living going up and never comes down?? Well if u take a look at buildings u will know why. U look at the concept for the 'Jewel' for Changi Airport and u know its going to be expensive. The budget terminal was supposed to be low cost but apparently the gahment doesn't know how to operate a low cost terminal!! Look at all the upgrading of the foodcourts. After the upgrading, costs automatically goes up. This is ridiculous!! I have seen perfectly good buildings and infrastructure being deliberately pulled down and renovated all in the name of progress when actually the decision is to make more monies from customers. So every time u see some new 'wow' building or mall, think of how u will be hit in the wallet!! Let's stop all these mindless reconstruction and stop all the unnec price increases!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
juz like evrytime gahmen says help peasants, peasants n up paying mor ...

same trick! ...

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
They should get Toothpick Lim to look into this.
He is an expert at evaluating value for money and quality-cost trade-off and is the shining light for meritocracy and productivity in SG.

:rolleyes:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wonder why costs of living going up and never comes down?? Well if u take a look at buildings u will know why. U look at the concept for the 'Jewel' for Changi Airport and u know its going to be expensive. The budget terminal was supposed to be low cost but apparently the gahment doesn't know how to operate a low cost terminal!! Look at all the upgrading of the foodcourts. After the upgrading, costs automatically goes up. This is ridiculous!! I have seen perfectly good buildings and infrastructure being deliberately pulled down and renovated all in the name of progress when actually the decision is to make more monies from customers. So every time u see some new 'wow' building or mall, think of how u will be hit in the wallet!! Let's stop all these mindless reconstruction and stop all the unnec price increases!![/QUOTE

Of course salaries still the major cause for price increases. It always amuse me why we go to all the low costs countries to enjoy their quiant old buildings and low costs when at home we accept all the reconstructions and high costs. I for one would love to to go back in time to say Sentosa in the 1990s and relax and not burn a hole in the pocket!! Also not surrounded by all the Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs!!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat is cos the pap has gone into rent seeking behaviour. Many countries also like tat. But pappies do it damn well. We need a change of gahmen tat will not succomb to such policies. If not we back to square one again. Rent seeking should be made illegal.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a vicious cycle. Gahment increase costs like COE or land rent or salary increases.Companies need to jack up prices to get more monies from customers. But customers will complain if they pay more without getting something back. So they renovate and give customers a 'new experience' in drinking say that same cup of coffee.. of course at new price of 50 cents more!!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same shit like the IRs...same old story that these infrastructures going to lift ordinary sinkee lives to new heights..

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a vicious cycle. Gahment increase costs like COE or land rent or salary increases.Companies need to jack up prices to get more monies from customers. But customers will complain if they pay more without getting something back. So they renovate and give customers a 'new experience' in drinking say that same cup of coffee.. of course at new price of 50 cents more!!

where got salary increase except for gahmen elites and their "industry leaders" who sit in the parliament too?

PhuaCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever wonder why costs of living going up and never comes down?? Well if u take a look at buildings u will know why. U look at the concept for the 'Jewel' for Changi Airport and u know its going to be expensive. The budget terminal was supposed to be low cost but apparently the gahment doesn't know how to operate a low cost terminal!! Look at all the upgrading of the foodcourts. After the upgrading, costs automatically goes up. This is ridiculous!! I have seen perfectly good buildings and infrastructure being deliberately pulled down and renovated all in the name of progress when actually the decision is to make more monies from customers. So every time u see some new 'wow' building or mall, think of how u will be hit in the wallet!! Let's stop all these mindless reconstruction and stop all the unnec price increases!!

Temasek is the biggest landlord. They will never go down as Temasek needs to make money at the Singaporean's people's expense. Good luck Sinkies!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek is the biggest landlord. They will never go down as Temasek needs to make money at the Singaporean's people's expense. Good luck Sinkies!

Temasek??? Didn't know they r in the property biz!! The biggest landlord r probably JTC, Capitaland, HDB and co.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's how they keep Singapore's economy going... build, build and build some more.
From digging up roads and filling them up, to frivolous upgrades for HDB estates, to vanity projects such as Gardens By The Bay and Project Jewel.

Government expenditure adds to the GDP. GDP = C+I+G+(X-M)

It's running on life support.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather live in the good old 70s!

That's how they keep Singapore's economy going... build, build and build some more.
From digging up roads and filling them up, to frivolous upgrades for HDB estates, to vanity projects such as Gardens By The Bay and Project Jewel.

In 10 years, Singapore will be one big Housing estate housing. 6.9m !!

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal

It pains me to see we are paying millions to these people and yet they endorse or approve such projects such as gardens by the bay and gardens by terminal 1 which is costly to build, expensive to maintain and any other countries can also do similiar ones (but most will not do it because of the first 2 reasons). Look at Sungai Buloh , Bishan natural river stream, Henderson wave, Punngol waterways. These are the better thought of ones. At least they benenfit the locals and tourists alike. What's next after gardens by terminal 1? Gardens by Woodlands, gardens by Jurong East, gardens by tampines?

We have Bukit Brown Cemetery right in our mist which is a unique combination of nature and heritage that tourists and Ang Mos frequent the place. Yet the authorities insist on having an expressway cutting through it, without giving serious thoughts whether there are other ways to resolve the traffic issue and yet preserve the existing Bukit Brown.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather live in the good old 70s!

It pains me to see we are paying millions to these people and yet they endorse or approve such projects such as gardens by the bay and gardens by terminal 1 which is costly to build, expensive to maintain and any other countries can also do similiar ones (but most will not do it because of the first 2 reasons). Look at Sungai Buloh , Bishan natural river stream, Henderson wave, Punngol waterways. These are the better thought of ones. At least they benenfit the locals and tourists alike. What's next after gardens by terminal 1? Gardens by Woodlands, gardens by Jurong East, gardens by tampines?

We have Bukit Brown Cemetery right in our mist which is a unique combination of nature and heritage that tourists and Ang Mos frequent the place. Yet the authorities insist on having an expressway cutting through it, without giving serious thoughts whether there are other ways to resolve the traffic issue and yet preserve the existing Bukit Brown.

Lucky our gahment not in charge of the world economy otherwise planet Earth is doomed!!