• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat No Horse Run VietBu Property Tycoon faces death penalty for Fraud!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman accused of fraud worth 4% of Vietnam's GDP facing death penalty​

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 11.26.59 PM.png
or
Prosecutors allege that Truong My Lan orchestrated an embezzlement scheme resulting in more than $20 billion in damages.

• Vietnam's property tycoon Truong My Lan (C) arrives at a court in Ho Chi Minh city on March 5, 2024. (AP) Vietnam's property tycoon Truong My Lan (C) arrives at a court in Ho Chi Minh City on March 5, 2024. (AP)
A real estate magnate in Vietnam may be subject to the death penalty in a corruption trial for alleged fraud, deemed the largest in the history of the Southeast Asian nation, according to local media reports.
According to court documents cited by the newspaper Vietnam+, Truong My Lan, chairwoman of real estate developer Van Thinh Phat Holdings Group (VTP), purportedly embezzled over 304 trillion dong ($12.5 billion) from Saigon Joint Stock Commercial Bank (SCB).
Lan allegedly controlled SCB through "thousands of ghost companies" between 2012 and 2022. An additional 193 trillion dong ($7.8 billion) in damages resulted from accumulated interest on the loans, allegedly taken by Lan and her accomplices from the bank.

The purported scam's total damages amount to approximately 498 trillion dong ($20 billion), representing around 4.69% of Vietnam's GDP.
Prosecutors said that Lan had also been accused of bribing officials to ignore her activities, including a payment of $5.2 million, which she allegedly made to a senior central bank inspector.
The tycoon was arrested when the investigation began in October 2022. Her trial is anticipated to continue until the end of April. Prosecutors are seeking a death sentence for embezzlement, 20 years in prison for bribery, and a potential maximum of 20 years for breaching the country's financial regulations.
“During the trial, Truong My Lan did not admit to the crime, was stubborn, blamed her subordinates, and didn’t show remorse. The defendant’s actions caused extremely serious and irreparable consequences, so Truong My Lan should be permanently removed from society,” Vietnam+ cited the prosecutors saying.
Lan’s representatives have not responded to media requests for comment on the proceedings.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it will be better off for her to plead for leniency by restitution and prostitution. pay off 69% of debt and provide lobang services for 6.9 years.