• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No expense spared for ‘daughter’ living in style

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and when their kids grow older ...they will sent their parents to old folks homes ...:biggrin::wink::rolleyes::eek:

Old folks' homes aren't free and their children have to pay. If that's a better practical option considering the physical condition and care required, I don't see it as anything unfilial like sending aged parents to the streets.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Old folks' homes aren't free and their children have to pay. If that's a better practical option considering the physical condition and care required, I don't see it as anything unfilial like sending aged parents to the streets.

so...is your parents in old folks home now ? :wink::rolleyes::biggrin::eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so...is your parents in old folks home now ? :wink::rolleyes::biggrin::eek:

My dad is now either in heaven or hell or somewhere I don't know. He hasn't called back for a long time. My mom is living in my sis' condo.

Three of my four grandparents suffered strokes in their 60s. None of them went to old folks' home as kins were able to cope. I had a great grandma who spent her last few years in old folks' home though, in her late 80s. She didn't suffer a stroke, she fell and broke her ankle at 80+. It's a matter of necessity and best care available and affordable for her.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My dad is now either in heaven or hell or somewhere I don't know. He hasn't called back for a long time. My mom is living in my sis' condo.

Three of my four grandparents suffered strokes in their 60s. None of them went to old folks' home as kins were able to cope. I had a great grandma who spent her last few years in old folks' home though, in her late 80s. She didn't suffer a stroke, she fell and broke her ankle at 80+. It's a matter of necessity and best care available and affordable for her.

" necessity " and " best care " is just an excuse to DITCH RESPONSIBILTY .:rolleyes::wink: . i have heard too many story of that ..:rolleyes::biggrin: by the way , my grandma had a personal nurse with her in the house living together with my uncle and his wife with 3 kids .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
" necessity " and " best care " is just an excuse to DITCH RESPONSIBILTY .:rolleyes::wink: . i have heard too many story of that ..:rolleyes::biggrin:

That's unfair comment. Three semi-paralysed stroke-patient grandparents my family members have taken good care of at home until they passed on peacefully. My great grandma case was different and more severe. She couldn't use walking stick or frame or wheelchair by herself. There were two alternatives, hire a maid or go to old folks' home. She herself said go there and try out a month. After that, she felt happy there and didn't want to go home. Don't assume old folks' home as such dreary and chilly place to await death comes a-calling. It depends on the nursing care, the new companions and friends they make, and the regular visits from kins.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's unfair comment. Three semi-paralysed stroke-patient grandparents my family members have taken good care of at home until they passed on peacefully. My great grandma case was different and more severe. She couldn't use walking stick or frame or wheelchair by herself. There were two alternatives, hire a maid or go to old folks' home. She herself said go there and try out a month. After that, she felt happy there and didn't want to go home. Don't assume old folks' home as such dreary and chilly place to await death comes a-calling. It depends on the nursing care, the new companions and friends they make, and the regular visits from kins.

no elderly in the world wants to go old folk's home ( they chose to go old folk's home because they dont want to be a BURDEN in your life ) ....please dont assume that they love that place just because you guys think that its the best for her ...its not all about having new companionship or having the best nursing care in the world . its about the feeling of being old and dump by their own childrens . imagine if you are old and sick , and one day your kids tell you they are going to send you to old folk's home because that is the best they could give you ...how would you feel ?

ITS no different from sending your dogs to SPCA just because YOU dont have time to takecare and YOU THINK that your dog will BE in better hands ( new owner ) .

PS: DONT YOU EVER HEARD OF SOME ELDERS RATHER DIE OUTSIDE THEN INSIDE OLD FOLK'S HOME ?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no elderly in the world wants to go old folk's home ....please dont assume that they love that place just because you guys think that its the best for her ...its not all about having new companionship or having the best nursing care in the world . its about the feeling of being old and dump by their own childrens . imagine if you are old and sick , and one day your kids tell you they are going to send you to old folk's home because that is the best they could give you ...how would you feel ?

Don't assume you know everybody's mind and circumstances and can speak for everybody. I don't have kids. And I don't mind spending my last years in an old folks' home if I could afford to. Many people, especially westerners with sufficient retirement funds check in voluntarily.

ITS no different from sending your dogs to SPCA just because YOU dont have time to takecare and YOU think that your dog will BE in better hands ( new owner ) .

I don't keep dogs personally now. Four of my relatives keep dogs. None are sent to SPCA. My granduncle's dog cried and followed us through his funeral procession. Anyway, my great grandma in her days was the most senior, most respected and most obeyed to member in my family circle. She made the decision. I rest my case with a note, refrain from self-righteous moralisation and accusation. It's as bad as preaching religion.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't assume you know everybody's mind and circumstances and can speak for everybody. I don't have kids. And I don't mind spending my last years in an old folks' home. Many people, especially westerners with sufficient retirement funds check in voluntarily.

I don't keep dogs personally now. Four of my relatives keep dogs. None are sent to SPCA. My granduncle's dog cried and followed us through his funeral procession. Anyway, my great grandma in her days was the most senior, most respected and most obeyed to member in my family circle. She made the decision. I rest my case with a note, refrain from self-righteous moralisation and accusation. It's as bad as preaching religion.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgl8MkjHcPk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3RcB0BVXSA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Loneliness and abuses can occur anywhere, even at home. Left alone when everybody else need to go out to work, unable to move around freely outdoors to meet friends, abused by maids or even relatives who don't like them etc. As mentioned earlier, I share my experience and opinions. I don't cast judgment on other people.

清官难断家务事
家家有本难念的经

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Loneliness and abuses can occur anywhere, even at home. Left alone when everybody else need to go out to work, unable to move around freely outdoors to meet friends, abused by maids or even relatives who don't like them etc. As mentioned earlier, I share my experience and opinions. I don't cast judgment on other people.

I HAVE STARTED A THREAD ON NURSING HOMES ...LETS Engaged THERE . :smile:

Last edited:

FlipSide

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess with emotional attachment to the pet it's difficult to put a price on it. However bringing pets to religious ceremonies is alittle over the board.

Recently my 12 years old silky terrier was sick and lucky for me I am in Bangkok as the medical fees are much cheaper here than in Singapore but still so far since October I had spent about SGD12k on her condition which are seizures, bacteria and gut problem. And till today she still has to go to the hospital 3 times a day for injections and the costs I mentioned is from the hospital bill only. What can I do? There is no choice. She is not suffering but without the treatment she will be in pain. No choice la, 12 years already you know?

wah...12K on your pet..your pet is one lucky dude.