• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

no access to sbf

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe all those affected lastnite can add their nick here...time for sum csi...:biggrin::biggrin:

1. Groober2011
2. Microsoft

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Kanenah,seriously i thought i'm of of those 30 being blacklisted,i've been trying to log at least 1000 of times
till my finger kena blister..bloody hell Leongsam its not funny at all!:mad::mad:

FakeWatchPeddler

Alfrescian
Loyal
The logs don't show any downtime other than the period where there was a hardware change. It shows about 30 members had their accounts locked but everyone else was fine.

Can't be only 30, more than that. Hundreds were affected i'm sure. The message was wrong user name and password.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Can't be only 30, more than that. Hundreds were affected i'm sure. The message is wrong user name and password.

It was only 30 when I checked the table in the morning. Some who did not keep trying to log in would have had their accounts restored automatically if they simply took a 15 minute break before attempting to log in again.

Those who tried every 5 minutes would have remained locked out.

The 5 strikes system does not ban anyone permanently. It only locks the account for 15 minutes from the last failed attempt.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was only 30 when I checked the table in the morning. Some who did not keep trying to log in would have had their accounts restored automatically if they simply took a 15 minute break before attempting to log in again.

Those who tried every 5 minutes would have remained locked out.

The 5 strikes system does not ban anyone permanently. It only locks the account for 15 minutes from the last failed attempt.

i can testify i am one of those kenna banned. But i no mod or prominant mbr what.

i tried logging in a few hours later, still kenna locked.

some one dun like my nick LOL

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the ip address provided by sbf email, using http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ip-address-locator.php the intrusion is from Netherlands.

IP Address: 78.152.38.165
Hostname: 78.152.38.165
IP Country: Netherlands
IP Country Code: NLD
IP Continent: Europe
IP Region:
Guessed City:
IP Latitude: 52.5
IP Longitude: 5.75
Organization: Atrato IP Networks
ISP Provider: Atrato IP Networks

I got email from SBF showing same IP address

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, are there hackers trying to hack forumers' account?

Brought this up because I read another thread posted by forummer "biggerfuck" under the political folder about the same.

After the slowdown due to the upgrade, I tried to log in for the first time after 24hrs, but the message showed I have reached the max login quota for wrong user id or password.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sam, are there hackers trying to hack forumers' account?

It happens to me every now and then leh... especially the last few nights... that must be due to some bugs that infested the forum... come on out Goh Meng Seng !

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah Sam lei fun yat zan kooning ah?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you had not observed the visitor log to see who had been camping here all of last night and this morning until fatigue finally set in, then too bad. LOL. And presto, all cleared and the trains were running when they log out! Must have been hammering away at all those targeted nicks...LOL....alamak....LOL

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Happened to me the whole of yesterday ... same message as what you got! I sent for password reset and rec'd via email but still cannot access.

Everything's fine since this morning :biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many attacked accounts had their IPs routed through the Tampines Telephone Exchange?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope you don't take offense, and I am not implying there is phishing. But if there are any potential phishing attempt elsewhere, your actions will make you a very cooperative candidate.:o

Happened to me the whole of yesterday ... same message as what you got! I sent for password reset and rec'd via email but still cannot access.

Everything's fine since this morning :biggrin: