• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nice reading spots?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Looking for some recommendations here for nice places I could go to at night to just sip some coffee/tea, have a bite maybe and read a book. Doesn't have to have books and magazines provided already as I'll bring my own. I'm a night owl who reads better at night! Can't think of anything else besides the usual Starbucks/Coffee Bean chains. Would be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks very much!

Read with someone you love is better than choosing a nice spot. Nothing beats the meeting of minds when two people share a good book together. It can be anywhere.

Imagine a rainy day outside and you are reading a novel with the person you love in bed. BLISS! :p:p:p:wink::wink::wink::smile::smile::smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
warao eh! ... 2 persons read 1 bk 2gether? ...

1 want 2 flip, ze other haven finis ...

You don't have imagination lah. That's what meeting of minds is for. Your pace will be the same after awhile.

It's also about which book you choose. Poetry? Or like horror?

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read with someone you love is better than choosing a nice spot. Nothing beats the meeting of minds when two people share a good book together. It can be anywhere.

Imagine a rainy day outside and you are reading a novel with the person you love in bed. BLISS! :p:p:p:wink::wink::wink::smile::smile::smile:

haha what bollocks. i will be probably be reading something like The Wealth of Nations while she will be entertaining herself with some silly girly thing like Nancy Drew. :p

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 person in bed on a rainy day - where got time to read book - i am busy reading her body liao haha....

Or the best book to read is Kama Sutra or equivalent..no need to read, see picture ok liao.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i like goin to the libraries to read too, but there's one thing which pisses me off and that's the hoardes of school kids monopolising the benches and seats meant for library users to do their schoolwork. fuck man, wanna do your schoolwork stay in school or go home and do it. complained once to the librarian but alas, nothing has been done! pap standards as usual

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
surely some budding entrepreneur has to come up with a place in a nice location (eg portsdown road, dempsey, botanic gardens) and instead of turning it into one of many watering holes, convert it into a nice lil cafe where people can have a coffee and read. would be a gd business idea wouldnt it?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
surely some budding entrepreneur has to come up with a place in a nice location (eg portsdown road, dempsey, botanic gardens) and instead of turning it into one of many watering holes, convert it into a nice lil cafe where people can have a coffee and read. would be a gd business idea wouldnt it?
You are the man. Excellent idea

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have thought of it 3 years ago. Costings do not justify !!:eek:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have thought of it 3 years ago. Costings do not justify !!:eek:

thought so too. sinkie girls wouldnt read anything besides her world, cleo, OK! etc, while sinkie guys are just content with tohari paijan's tactical 'nous' in thenewpaper.