• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nice reading spots?

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Looking for some recommendations here for nice places I could go to at night to just sip some coffee/tea, have a bite maybe and read a book. Doesn't have to have books and magazines provided already as I'll bring my own. I'm a night owl who reads better at night! Can't think of anything else besides the usual Starbucks/Coffee Bean chains. Would be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks very much!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Looking for some recommendations here for nice places I could go to at night to just sip some coffee/tea, have a bite maybe and read a book. Doesn't have to have books and magazines provided already as I'll bring my own. I'm a night owl who reads better at night! Can't think of anything else besides the usual Starbucks/Coffee Bean chains. Would be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks very much!

home is the best!

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. thanks guys for the solid recommendations. don't like reading at home cos as it is I'm already spending the whole fuckin day cooped at home. sort of looking for an escape to the monotony of life. did try searchin the net but just keep getting watering holes and chill out spots!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Go to NLB , to one of the upper floors. Great view, silent and good ambience. After one hr, go down to Hans, grab a nice ham sandwich, then back to reading.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to NLB , to one of the upper floors. Great view, silent and good ambience. After one hr, go down to Hans, grab a nice ham sandwich, then back to reading.

agree. I always go to those big libraries whenever free. read the papers, get a storybook then read until fall asleep. Libraries great place to sleep.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
toilet at your workplace. feels damn good when shitting and reading at the same time. then just use to paper to wipe ur backside to choke the whole bowl.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
T1, T2 and T3 anytime, 24 hours
Foods and drinks available.
Gents and Ladies clean.
Good security.
No car never mind, transport
aslo available 24 hours, eh... taxis.
Down side, sometimes you will get distracted
while reading, your eyes can't concentrate,
but that's is another hobby.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
T1, T2 and T3 anytime, 24 hours
Foods and drinks available.
Gents and Ladies clean.
Good security.
No car never mind, transport
aslo available 24 hours, eh... taxis.
Down side, sometimes you will get distracted
while reading, your eyes can't concentrate,
but that's is another hobby.

You mean you like to look at PRC janitors mop the floor and imagine doing bad things to them?? :eek:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
botanic gdns....cemetery -quiet, peaceful..can lean against the tombstones.

istana is good. got security sure no one will disturb.

most parks - go hide in the shed.

coffee joints.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean you like to look at PRC janitors mop the floor and imagine doing bad things to them?? :eek:

No, no, not them..
but the workers retrieving the luggage trolleys
and trying to beat each others to form the
longest 'dragon' of the year.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
go and pitch a tent at east/west coast park bring along powerful reading lamp

get prc mei mei to massage you while you read