• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ngiam Siew Ying - The superscale NPTD Director who wrote the 6.9 million White Paper

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ngiam Siew Ying - The superscale NPTD Director who wrote the 6.9 million White Pa

The person who actually did the paper writing was one Ngiam Siew Ying, Director of the Policy and Planning Directorate at the National Population and Talent Division. She is a high flyer who made superscale in barely her 30s. As her name suggest, she is related to Ngiam Tong Dow.

=>>> His niece! No wonder superscale at < 30. Brother Ngiam Shih Chun is also on superscale.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ngiam Siew Ying - The superscale NPTD Director who wrote the 6.9 million White Pa

The person who actually did the paper writing was one Ngiam Siew Ying, Director of the Policy and Planning Directorate at the National Population and Talent Division. She is a high flyer who made superscale in barely her 30s. As her name suggest, she is related to Ngiam Tong Dow.

=>>> His niece! No wonder superscale at < 30. Brother Ngiam Shih Chun is also on superscale.

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?agency_subtype=dept&agency_id=0000019572

NPTD has so many staff and it was given just to her?!

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another batch of scholar urines who only know how to kowtow to their fellow urine political masters and come up with half baked policy papers that have no relation to reality.

Which is not unusual given that it is highly unlikely any of these scholar urines even had any real world experiences.

No scholar urine has impressed me so far.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hainanese 汉奸 :oIo:

70 years ago the hainanese uncles will drag them out on the street, beat them, put them in gunny sacks and throw them in to the sea.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another batch of scholar urines who only know how to kowtow to their fellow urine political masters and come up with half baked policy papers that have no relation to reality.

Which is not unusual given that it is highly unlikely any of these scholar urines even had any real world experiences.

No scholar urine has impressed me so far.

How about m&d and Shit or half Urine (Palmer type)

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whoever the author is, he or she sure doesn't think highly of nurses.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes so who wrote what?
In the civil service context, the author of paper is not important, because every single of the author's up stream superiors have to clear the paper. In fact, it is very common for important papers to clear through all the way to cabinet. Examples being the first paper on MRT, paper on building botanic gardens in marina bay etc. Ultimately, these important papers will reflect fully the view of the cabinet collectively, and may not reflect the views of the working committee.

This paper was also in the works for more than a year, so definitely went through many rounds of consultation from the relevant secretaries and ministers. I am surprised that the cabinet cleared it, given the number of high IQ people with strong academic background. It suggest that the cabinet did not have a rigorous discussion on this paper as LHL probably rammed it through faster than the way he shaft it to the parliament.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

She is a high flyer who made superscale in barely her 30s.

for a moment me thought it was a team of dinosaurs in the back room with the drawing board :eek::eek::eek:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the civil service context, the author of paper is not important, because every single of the author's up stream superiors have to clear the paper. In fact, it is very common for important papers to clear through all the way to cabinet. Examples being the first paper on MRT, paper on building botanic gardens in marina bay etc. Ultimately, these important papers will reflect fully the view of the cabinet collectively, and may not reflect the views of the working committee.

This paper was also in the works for more than a year, so definitely went through many rounds of consultation from the relevant secretaries and ministers. I am surprised that the cabinet cleared it, given the number of high IQ people with strong academic background. It suggest that the cabinet did not have a rigorous discussion on this paper as LHL probably rammed it through faster than the way he shaft it to the parliament.

You think it was widely consulted, especially its claism to have drawn inputs from other ministries? I think it was a closed door affair

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

You think it was widely consulted, especially its claism to have drawn inputs from other ministries? I think it was a closed door affair

what ever happened to PS21? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you look at the 6.9 million population White Paper, it is not signed off by anybody.

I always find it useful to have images of people as it helps me relate to what they are saying. Unfortunately Ms Ngiam is a bit shy and I was unable to find any images of her. There is however this video of her from an interview she did with CNA. Check out 1:07. Note that this was before the White Paper was picked apart so there is this smug ,"I am smarter than you" look on her chubby face. Would love to she how she is looking now ...

How is she related to Ngiam Tong Dow? Isn't this the same Ngiam Tong Dow was going around saying "Singapore doesn't need to be first tier city, second upper tier is good enough?" Looks like she doesn't agree with this (uncle? father? whatever?) of hers, or Ngiam Tong Dow is just trying to screw Singapore upside down and turn around and say "I didn't do it"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes there were a series of feedback sessions, consultations and feedback sought from the public. Some of it were led by Ministers. However very similar to the National Conversation debacle where the participants were same lot of beleivers and party faithful. Incestious, myopic and not in listening mode.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes there were a series of feedback sessions, consultations and feedback sought from the public. Some of it were led by Ministers. However very similar to the National Conversation debacle where the participants were same lot of beleivers and party faithful. Incestious, myopic and not in listening mode.

When and where

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How is she related to Ngiam Tong Dow? Isn't this the same Ngiam Tong Dow was going around saying "Singapore doesn't need to be first tier city, second upper tier is good enough?" Looks like she doesn't agree with this (uncle? father? whatever?) of hers, or Ngiam Tong Dow is just trying to screw Singapore upside down and turn around and say "I didn't do it"

Ngiam Tong Dow had left the Civil Service for so many years that today's immigration debacle may have little of his handiwork.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PS, DS and even Ds don't actually put up papers unless they are SMEs or DEs. They are generalists and they identify experts and their planning depts put up such papers. Alpha staff of all grades even junior ones can put up papers if they are good. Sometimes consultants are brought in to do the papers. For papers that go out to the public or external parties, they typically engage comms and PR firms to do the final copy including layouts, graphics and content positioning. Sometimes they engage university dons to put up the draft framework and much of the flesh.

But it on the head of the seniors to shape approach and pass the final product.

We don't expect them to write the papers ...they are of course prepared by the underlings ...the paper is read and deliberated, re-written umpteen as it move up the chain before landing at the cabinet table.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's pure bull. If there were such sessions, the people who wrote the papers would have been there ....from the content, you can tell that there was no consideration of the people's input.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whoever the author is, he or she sure doesn't think highly of nurses.

It is not just the initial drafters of the paper, it includes the scholars, the PS, the cabinet and the honourable PM!