• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My initial intention is to rent out, then later own stay (optional), and then pass on to children. But now it seems can't pass on to children, this really makes my blood boil! Now my children has no interest in My becos it's kind of flip and flop suddenly. I was checking with forumers last week if there is any withholding tax if I were to place the proceeds in fd(if I managed to sell in future), but receive no answer. Looks like nobody quite know all these income tax thingy! So sad to be caught in this situation. No wonder people said JB is untested!

Not sure about this, but probably can use company to overcome it? Get a empty shell company (ready available company name can get for few 1-2K ringgit), get some trusted malaysian, transfer the ppty to the company that initial big owner is trusted malaysian. Then transfer malaysian share (buy over) to your singaporean children. Then caveat the ppty if u scare your children might sell it off suka suka.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything hinges on State Consent which once given then can make reference to SPA for other legal matters. Until that happens, the SPA is very tentative. For those who just booked something below RM1 million, can only hope to get State Consent quickly. Send runners in might help, though no guarantee.

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...o-you-need-a-lawyer-for-property-transaction/

heard that for landed, the effective date is the consent date, not the SPA date. Can someone confirm ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not say fuss lah, it's just not so happy to hear this kind of policy so suddenly, feel abit uncomfortable.
why suddenly got so many hiccups lor... I am small investor, so in way not so steady! Must burst out than feel good, share share my problem!

If your property is bought at a right price and at a right location; no government curbs can hurt you at all.

Unless you bought in an area the developers can keep launching new projects endlessly; then you may be stuck because buyers can choose to buy from developers rather than buying early investors.

Hence one must buy in location that have limited land supply. (a good example is Matex AKA Suasana next to City Sq. However I am not vested in Matex)

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not say fuss lah, it's just not so happy to hear this kind of policy so suddenly, feel abit uncomfortable.
why suddenly got so many hiccups lor... I am small investor, so in way not so steady! Must burst out than feel good, share share my problem!

Totally agree, luckily didn't gave me a heart attack!!!!

Just came back from IRDA, they told me MACS might be abolished soon, cos ppl abuse it. By then its more
Kerpala puseng!!

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know, if you register a My company, there will be secretarial & auditing fees to pay annually, then got to file tax, make the whole thing even more complicated. Unless my investments is huge, if not, it's not worth all the trouble. I think when the time comes, just sell it off, and closed the M'sian chapter. Hahaha!

Not sure about this, but probably can use company to overcome it? Get a empty shell company (ready available company name can get for few 1-2K ringgit), get some trusted malaysian, transfer the ppty to the company that initial big owner is trusted malaysian. Then transfer malaysian share (buy over) to your singaporean children. Then caveat the ppty if u scare your children might sell it off suka suka.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know, if you register a My company, there will be secretarial & auditing fees to pay annually, then got to file tax, make the whole thing even more complicated. Unless my investments is huge, if not, it's not worth all the trouble. I think when the time comes, just sell it off, and closed the M'sian chapter. Hahaha!

Hahahaha, that's is what I doing now!! Hahahahaahah

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My initial intention is to rent out, then later own stay (optional), and then pass on to children. But now it seems can't pass on to children, this really makes my blood boil! Now my children has no interest in My becos it's kind of flip and flop suddenly. I was checking with forumers last week if there is any withholding tax if I were to place the proceeds in fd(if I managed to sell in future), but receive no answer. Looks like nobody quite know all these income tax thingy! So sad to be caught in this situation. No wonder people said JB is untested!

Aiyo , no worry lah . Last round of increases from 250K to 500K , lot of people also say die , all sinkies kena stucked with property no one will buy . Back then I was happly "stuck" with a 400K cluster house . You guys know what happen after that , prices skyrocketed instead .
This is only 2nd round of cooling in Malaysia property , who know more singkies/SPRs rush to buy 1M property , fueling another round of price hike. This time round I am happly stuck with another 800K semi D, jialat man !
Just look at Singapore , after 7 , 8 rounds of cooling measure , still nothing happen leh .

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is at Straits View, the estate is quite old already. Tenants include Japs, Koreans, and some other nationalities.
I heard that some Japs buy whole block in some parts of JB, and there is also the Jap village at Molek pine. I worry the Japs working at Pasir Gudang will flock to their Jap territory, then I will have problem finding good corporate tenants.
So what you think of Permas Jaya area?

If your property is bought at a right price and at a right location; no government curbs can hurt you at all.

Unless you bought in an area the developers can keep launching new projects endlessly; then you may be stuck because buyers can choose to buy from developers rather than buying early investors.

Hence one must buy in location that have limited land supply. (a good example is Matex AKA Suasana next to City Sq. However I am not vested in Matex)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo , no worry lah . Last round of increases from 250K to 500K , lot of people also say die , all sinkies kena stud with property no one will buy . You guys know what happen after that , prices skyrocketed instead .
This is only 2nd round of cooling in Malaysia property , who know more singkies/SPRs rush to buy 1M property , fueling another round of price hike.
Just look at Singapore , after 7 , 8 rounds of cooling measure , still nothing happen leh .

From RM250K to RM500K the fishball still can swallow. But from RM500K to RM1 million the fishball getting bigger to swallow. Which can be worst if you have a few of these fishballs in your mouth at any one time!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is at Straits View, the estate is quite old already. Tenants include Japs, Koreans, and some other nationalities.
I heard that some Japs buy whole block in some parts of JB, and there is also the Jap village at Molek pine. I worry the Japs working at Pasir Gudang will flock to their Jap territory, then I will have problem finding good corporate tenants.
So what you think of Permas Jaya area?

I think it is a good area to consider, only because I bought to stay in Seri Alam. Bias showing...:p

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why all the fuss?

Can still sell to locals. You guys think locals are so poor?

If prices go up quickly; locals will still buy from you; just that your price may "be at" or "slightly below" market price.

It not only affect JB; it affect the whole of Malaysia.

Don't make it sound like the end of the word.

Rmb JB ppty market had been stagnant from post asian crisis 97 to 2009. If local Jb ppl that rich how come it will stagnant for so damn long, one reason is rental yield not growing. But i think if jb ppl bcome more risk aware, less risk taking, the overall ppty might seem gloomy in near future. Penang is island like sg, KL Klang valley region population bigger than sg. Jb neither island nor comparable in population. Only hope is price go up, so local will buy from u; if local c price not moving up, they rather dun bother sapu the excess (b4 the ppty boom on iskandar, the ppty supply is in equilibrium as rental not moving up nor house price moving up). Alternatively, buy other type of houses that market lack of like townhouse, living warehouses in residential zone (is there any in iskandar?) so probably u can demand a premium from following buyer.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, we like to say good about our choices! Nothing wrong with that!

I think in just a very few years later, it will be tenant's market, so many new condos to choose from. Older condo might lose out on rental. Also older condos will need to pay higher service & maintenance charges.

I think it is a good area to consider, only because I bought to stay in Seri Alam. Bias showing...:p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
From RM250K to RM500K the fishball still can swallow. But from RM500K to RM1 million the fishball getting bigger to swallow. Which can be worst if you have a few of these fishballs in your mouth at any one time!

At least is only fishballs now . If no cooling measure it will be come fireballs soon , like Singapore only got fireballs .

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal

malaysians being boleh, build up fucking hype to trap foreigners in, plans sweep under the carpet, regulations change at a stroke of the pen

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your property is bought at a right price and at a right location; no government curbs can hurt you at all.Unless you bought in an area the developers can keep launching new projects endlessly; then you may be stuck because buyers can choose to buy from developers rather than buying early investors.Hence one must buy in location that have limited land supply. (a good example is Matex AKA Suasana next to City Sq. However I am not vested in Matex)
Well, said. Growing Demand but no supply. Only drives prices up.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go freehold. Limited land and exclusive location. Then you have no worries.
Puteri Harbour for me.

Malaysians telling foreigners to go to invest in expensive homes areas like LF, HH, PH, LH, EL, SC, JBCC and leave the locals area alone.

Don't fight with them over the less than one mil homes. Hopes this will makes all these areas more attractive to foreigners.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians telling foreigners to go to invest in expensive homes areas like LF, HH, PH, LH, EL, SC, JBCC and leave the locals area alone.

Don't fight with them over the less than one mil homes. Hopes this will makes all these areas more attractive to foreigners.

Locations with >1.0M become rich man's exclusive zones for foreigners.
Locations with <1.0M become mass market for poor Malaysians.

Poor man can only stand by and watch with envy.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the same in Singapore where Sentosa cove is for the wealthy foreigners who can own luxury bungalows and condos but at 99LH.
Locations with >1.0M become rich man's exclusive zones for foreigners.
Locations with <1.0M become mass market for poor Malaysians.

Poor man can only stand by and watch with envy.