• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
every country is the same. who want to be makan? but its the rich and prime that make the $ first. then masses complain. then mass mkt runs. u see it in sg last few years. u see it in london, NY/SF/Hamptons. Its our choice to learn. If u cant lead, then follow. Dont just sit back and complain.

I am neither rich nor prime, just an average salary earner who found resale jumbo HDB prices too high and current HDB too small for growing family. BTO also not big and must wait and need to pay resale levy. And since we have been making frequent trips to JB for makan and leisure, it suddenly make it very attractive to buy a landed FH which is out of reach in Singapore. Scouted a few properties in Skudai and BI and found one we like very much in Seri Alam, not too far from CIQ too. Budget just nice for us and renting out HDB would provide a source of income to lessen financial burden too and help service monthly instalments for JB house.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how many condo projects are less than 50% sold? Esp those with many smaller size units. Can see market is going to be very quiet for some time and will be very difficult to sell the rest of the units. Condo projects are suppose to complete in 3 years if I'm not wrong. Will the weaker developers abandon them even though construction already began and what will happen to those buyers?

If it happens it will be very bad for Iskander's image.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will create an enclave of the rich locals and foreigners. The poorer will be locked out to the outskirts.
The developers are going have an excuse only to launch for the super richs and tell the local council that they will build cheaper homes in the rural areas for the poor.

The developers will still need to reserve units for bumi right? But of coz they can apply to release these units after no takeup over some time....

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should buy somewhere where only the rich can swamp and rub shoulder.... something like Sentosa Cove where the price starts at $3m.

Vantage Bay (sickly rich) and Lido Blvd (playful rich) will have such potential.

Hey prof... That's a good one.. "Vantage Bay (sickly rich)" - if the ppl there are too rich and become sick of it... Can always get medical cure from in house medical infrastructure! :biggrin: just joking!

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am neither rich nor prime, just an average salary earner who found resale jumbo HDB prices too high and current HDB too small for growing family. BTO also not big and must wait and need to pay resale levy. And since we have been making frequent trips to JB for makan and leisure, it suddenly make it very attractive to buy a landed FH which is out of reach in Singapore. Scouted a few properties in Skudai and BI and found one we like very much in Seri Alam, not too far from CIQ too. Budget just nice for us and renting out HDB would provide a source of income to lessen financial burden too and help service monthly instalments for JB house.

Bro have you gotten the unit? Sure hope so in light of he new measures...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who had paid booking fees or deposit for their units below the 1mil mark and now with the new rules, they are restricted to buy. Will the developers refund the buyers in full?
Similarly, for that Country Garden project, with easily more than 1,000 smaller 2 and 3 bedroom units below the 1mil mark, wonder how are they going to market them when foreigners can't buy and locals with that kind of money will go for landed. Even local investors will not be keen knowing now they are not able to resell easily later without the foreign buyer's market.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should buy somewhere where only the rich can swamp and rub shoulder.... something like Sentosa Cove where the price starts at $3m.

Vantage Bay (sickly rich) and Lido Blvd (playful rich) will have such potential.

Been a while since I heard anything about Lido Blvd. Is there any news on this?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
just heard.. from u.. your source?

RTS and HSR is not shelved or cancelled.
Just that it is not necessary to discuss at this early stage and there's no need to rock the boat.
I suspect planning will still go on. Both governments will discuss when the time to commit in $$$ arrives.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developers will still need to reserve units for bumi right? But of coz they can apply to release these units after no takeup over some time....

It has nothing to do with bumis and non bumi quota. If it is Iskandar zones, there's no quota I think. What I mean is the rich will buy only from the rich > 1.0m. The developers will build high end units to attract the rich. Which charitable developer will build for the not so rich on a high cost land?
The poor who cannot afford can only buy cheaper ones which would be in the outskirts.
I am sure the State Government would squeeze the developers to contribute towards building cheaper homes.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
RTS and HSR is not shelved or cancelled.
Just that it is not necessary to discuss at this early stage and there's no need to rock the boat.
I suspect planning will still go on. Both governments will discuss when the time to commit in $$$ arrives.

Now with Rpgt for foreigners at 30% for first 5 years and 5% thereafter, should hold 5 years and can wait for MRT at the same time.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now with Rpgt for foreigners at 30% for first 5 years and 5% thereafter, should hold 5 years and can wait for MRT at the same time.

Frankly I do not see what the fuss is all about on this RPGT. It takes 4 years to build a condo. The countdown for the RPGT is from the date of a stamped SPA. So no worries, by the time you get VP, it is almost 5 years.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly I do not see what the fuss is all about on this RPGT. It takes 4 years to build a condo. The countdown for the RPGT is from the date of a stamped SPA. So no worries, by the time you get VP, it is almost 5 years.

Huh condo take 5 years to VP? So long, I thought 3 years only. Anyway landed is 2 years to VP.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said Frodo. Very well put it. Why fight for a pigeon hole? Why follow the other pigeons? At the moment if you want to have a decent life in Singapore, you need at least S$15k income.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, KL players came down to JB. But they invest with extreme care as they are very close to the developers who are from KL. They know where and which to choose. They don't even need to wait for the VVIP invitations. .

"invisible hand" kung fu. :smile: