• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
6% tax on raw materials n 6% tax on e price of e house (assuming property is also taxed). So net is 12% increase in price. My guess is many locals will push forward their purchase. Let's c whether it will lead to a rush for big item purchase. My guess is it will n prices will be pushed up before implementation.
property should be not gst taxed. they can always implement property additional stamp duty for that. my guess.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public projects;
1- A 316-kilometre West Coast Expressway. Locally listed Kumpulan
Europlus Bhd owns 80 percent of the project, while IJM
Corp owns the balance 20 percent.
2- Double-tracking rail project along west coast Malaysia. The
project is carried out by as a joint venture between MMC Corp
and Gamuda.
3- Various projects from state oil firm Petronas under
its 300 billion ringgit capex programme, including a
petrochemicals plant in southern Johor state.

1- yay. start looking out for coastal developments along west coast. i assume this new hiway runs along the sea.
2- yay. better idea than the HSR. look forward to better connectivity from seremban down to JB. one of the stops must be kempas.
3- yay. for JB property. esp senibong cove, seri alam etc.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder does it mean rules for Medini ie foreigners can buy below $500K and no restriction on buying and selling still hold. ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, just seen e full measures. I feel price will still be pulled upwards w e measures.

actually even currently got the 7% sales or whatever govt tax. this to be replaced by gst. so.. maybe not a major effect.
but the 1M RM for foreigner dunno how. will singaporeans now give iskandar a miss in droves, esp those bread & butter houses?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, just seen e full measures. I feel price will still be pulled upwards w e measures.

I agree as overall building materials and other costs will go up. But properties below 1M except those in Medini and special zones where foreigners can buy at any price, may not do as well. I think the abv 1M bracket may do better now as foreigenrs are forced to up their budget if they want to buy. Foreigners who are holding units valued below 1M will now only be able to sell to locals so this group is not in a good position..The 500K to 1M range may actually see a price drop with a more limited market now.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree as overall building materials and other costs will go up. But properties below 1M except those in Medini and special zones where foreigners can buy at any price, may not do as well. I think the abv 1M bracket may do better now as foreigenrs are forced to up their budget if they want to buy. Foreigners who are holding units valued below 1M will now only be able to sell to locals so this group is not in a good position..The 500K to 1M range may actually see a price drop with a more limited market now.

yup exactly. esp locals now know those <1M houses no longer foreigner driven, they may play a waiting game to squeeze out those weak holders. but don't be too sure the 'special zone' property will be exempted. this will be interesting to see. if so, then i see more leashold condo sprouting up in around medini area.

Last edited:

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question as follow:-
1) new RPGT rate, will this be effective if the propety is purchased before this is implemented?
2) DIBS prohibited, will effect the exisitng loan that we have?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question as follow:-
1) new RPGT rate, will this be effective if the propety is purchased before this is implemented?
2) DIBS prohibited, will effect the exisitng loan that we have?

In MY it usually is effective even for those properties bought earlier, with regards to RGPT , so I think its yes to question 1. But as for question 2, I doubt properties already purchased under this scheme will be affected.However it may be prudent to check with your lawyer, or developers and also wait for details of the announcements.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
In MY it usually is effective even for those properties bought earlier, with regards to RGPT , so I think its yes to question 1. But as for question 2, I doubt properties already purchased under this scheme will be affected.However it may be prudent to check with your lawyer, or developers and also wait for details of the announcements.

Maybe the new trend for developers targetting investors' market to sell project with 5 years TOP and you can sell once collect keys and no RGPT.

Foreigners can only buy above 1million so most developers will build more expensive units and still no impact to market.

These 2 measures is already within expectation for quite some time.

The relief is no mention of 4-5% stamp duty.

The 6% gst will be positive for existing owners as new units most likely will be more ex to build.

Wish them well in further developing the country and economy.