• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia good. Malaysians all over have chop & guarantee one. Safer to buy from the big boys - pay a bit more, but worth it to have peace of mind and a better overall product. Sime darby and UEM are good too.

On another note, let me add another not so great developer. MK Land. although the owner muhamad kamal is my hometown boy, but his project all.. quality on the lower side.

Heard recently SP Setia was overwhelmed by number of units VP and Ramadan in Jul-Aug.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this new freehold condo D'Inspire Residence launching at Bukit Indah. (most comprehensive link i can find)

It's near Bestari Heights landed which was launched some time back. I think this area is good because of the giant hypermarts, and near enough to other amenities. Did anyone buy Bestari Heights? Can give a comparison between landed and condo at Bukit Indah?

With the price increase, KSL is throwing in full furnishing including TV, sofa and beds... not sure if it's worth the increase! But heard the 1br psf will be increased the most so that Singaporeans can buy min RM500K. Later TOP may be good in this case, hopefully the rental market improves by then! :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the price increase, KSL is throwing in full furnishing including TV, sofa and beds... not sure if it's worth the increase! But heard the 1br psf will be increased the most so that Singaporeans can buy min RM500K. Later TOP may be good in this case, hopefully the rental market improves by then! :smile:

it is never good to buy too high psf.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can hear the sound of bubbles brewing!

Even Ujana at the highly coveted East Ledang, Nusa Jaya address is asking for just 7xxpsf which is the post-TOP price - did the D inspire pricing team just take D espalande as a close proxy when it sets the price, regardless of the neighbourhood/location?

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard recently SP Setia was overwhelmed by number of units VP and Ramadan in Jul-Aug.

They will fix defects quite fast but sometimes there is miscommunictaion, many experienced staff have left. In Bukit Indah right now not many new projects have VP, only the semi-dees which is quite low density so not that many houses , not like when a condo VP.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia good. Malaysians all over have chop & guarantee one. Safer to buy from the big boys - pay a bit more, but worth it to have peace of mind and a better overall product. Sime darby and UEM are good too.

On another note, let me add another not so great developer. MK Land. although the owner muhamad kamal is my hometown boy, but his project all.. quality on the lower side.

HI Malpaso , you're Malaysian like me so you know its worth paying more for the reputation. I always say in Malaysia there are 3 categories of developers:

1. Good/Safe developer- you get almost what they promised ( there will be some hiccups but can be ironed out and they usually show goodwill)although you may have to pay a bit more than other projects at that point in time. SP Setia,IJM, UEM, E & O, UEM Sunrise, Bandaraya Development belong to this group. The top 10 developers are quite ok.

2. Average developer- you will get a house or condo unit , they wont run away with your money. That's the good news. But bad news is its likely not what they promised, below expectations. They sell cheaper but is it value for money? Some of their projects may be but most will not.KSL probbaly belongs to this group. I think their Bestari Hts was ok for the price, but subsequent projects are suspect.

3. Shady developer- take your money and run! This type, will just sell the company or declare bankruptucy or do a dispapearing act after collecting your deposit and either you dont get your house as project is abandodned or if you're 'lucky' they will go ahead and build but under a different company( 1st company went bankrupt someone else took over or they sold to company no.2, usually same people are involved, its just legal ploy) so they dont have to honor what was promised, may even ask for more money.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI Malpaso , you're Malaysian like me so you know its worth paying more for the reputation. I always say in Malaysia there are 3 categories of developers:

1. Good/Safe developer- you get almost what they promised ( there will be some hiccups but can be ironed out and they usually show goodwill)although you may have to pay a bit more than other projects at that point in time. SP Setia,IJM, UEM, E & O, UEM Sunrise, Bandaraya Development belong to this group. The top 10 developers are quite ok.

2. Average developer- you will get a house or condo unit , they wont run away with your money. That's the good news. But bad news is its likely not what they promised, below expectations. They sell cheaper but is it value for money? Some of their projects may be but most will not.KSL probbaly belongs to this group. I think their Bestari Hts was ok for the price, but subsequent projects are suspect.

3. Shady developer- take your money and run! This type, will just sell the company or declare bankruptucy or do a dispapearing act after collecting your deposit and either you dont get your house as project is abandodned or if you're 'lucky' they will go ahead and build but under a different company( 1st company went bankrupt someone else took over or they sold to company no.2, usually same people are involved, its just legal ploy) so they dont have to honor what was promised, may even ask for more money.

The developer is trying their luck with Singaporean buyers with their high psf, not the locals who knows what these 2nd and 3rd group of developers too well to buy into their marketing and sales pitch.

With your moderating voices, it is good for the overall market and keep greedy developers from profiting too much and help many make good investment choices.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, with my limited experience with Malaysian developers, even the "good" sometimes fall short when compared to SG developers. All I can say is that the better ones are reliable. Good or not, really depends on your expectations.

My experience with Tiong Nam - vomit blood. told me TOP by end 2016. the last I checked, nothing has been done. just waiting for the day when I am free and go lodge a police report on them.

SP Setia Sky88 - they did the selling about a year ago. documents all signed. The land is still sitting idle. Have no idea what they are waiting for.

KSL - the KSL mall is for all to see. by my standards, it is not even as good as a SG hearland mall.

I thought with the backing of the SG and MY govts, the developers in Iskandar will wanna put up a good show and do a good job so that the funds will keep pouring in. But now, looking back at my dealings with them, they give me the feeling that they are out to fleece... I mean, land sitting idle for 12 months even after all the documents have been signed... what are they thinking? why isn't there any progress? seriously, when I made my investments into Iskandar, I kept my expectations really low, after all I used to live and work in China. I am familiar with the inefficiencies of 3rd world countries. But surely, Malaysian companies can function more efficiently right? Sad to say, Malaysian developers are just as bad.

Why do I think they are out to fleece? Look at the some of the KLCC properties, make the comparison and draw your own conclusions. Medini = KLCC? I don't think so... BUT HAVING SAID THAT, there are actually ppl buying into Medini!!! "Madness!" I say. But if it was truly crazy, then nobody will buy. So how? is it really fleecing then?

Like I have written a thousand times before, for me, in terms of price alone, I would buy into KLCC, after all it offers the finer things in life at a discount to SG prices. BUT its just too darn far. Puteri Harbour would make a more convenient bachelor's pad for me (not that I am still bachelor). But the pad that I am hoping for doesn't look like it is gonna happen anytime soon, so I have more or less given up on waiting. wont be sinking anymore money into iskandar for sure. Maybe sink some money into KLCC when the HSR is ready or just buy a yacht for my notti adventures.

Good MY developers? Really depends on your individual standards.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, with my limited experience with Malaysian developers, even the "good" sometimes fall short when compared to SG developers. All I can say is that the better ones are reliable. Good or not, really depends on your expectations.

My experience with Tiong Nam - vomit blood. told me TOP by end 2016. the last I checked, nothing has been done. just waiting for the day when I am free and go lodge a police report on them.

SP Setia Sky88 - they did the selling about a year ago. documents all signed. The land is still sitting idle. Have no idea what they are waiting for.

KSL - the KSL mall is for all to see. by my standards, it is not even as good as a SG hearland mall.

I thought with the backing of the SG and MY govts, the developers in Iskandar will wanna put up a good show and do a good job so that the funds will keep pouring in. But now, looking back at my dealings with them, they give me the feeling that they are out to fleece... I mean, land sitting idle for 12 months even after all the documents have been signed... what are they thinking? why isn't there any progress? seriously, when I made my investments into Iskandar, I kept my expectations really low, after all I used to live and work in China. I am familiar with the inefficiencies of 3rd world countries. But surely, Malaysian companies can function more efficiently right? Sad to say, Malaysian developers are just as bad.

Why do I think they are out to fleece? Look at the some of the KLCC properties, make the comparison and draw your own conclusions. Medini = KLCC? I don't think so... BUT HAVING SAID THAT, there are actually ppl buying into Medini!!! "Madness!" I say. But if it was truly crazy, then nobody will buy. So how? is it really fleecing then?

Like I have written a thousand times before, for me, in terms of price alone, I would buy into KLCC, after all it offers the finer things in life at a discount to SG prices. BUT its just too darn far. Puteri Harbour would make a more convenient bachelor's pad for me (not that I am still bachelor). But the pad that I am hoping for doesn't look like it is gonna happen anytime soon, so I have more or less given up on waiting. wont be sinking anymore money into iskandar for sure. Maybe sink some money into KLCC when the HSR is ready or just buy a yacht for my notti adventures.

I think some of the grand condos will be eventually not built. Even if built, expect serious delays and corner cuttings.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree even the 'good' fall short. but the landed by SP Setia, I can say, the 3 houses I have seen, standrd is better than some SG developers, also for landed. No leaking, that's pretty good.I have bought 7 brand new units from developes, and even my high end condo in Orchard Rd has leaks. Lots of complainst abt defetcs for all the projects I bought adn lots fo prefab. One landed unit we bought, bedroom walls were gypsum board, they didnt vene build proper walls. at least Setia builds brick by brick.So on both sides, they fall short. Even CDL, I hear Livia a lot fo complaints. One of my friedns even got into a lawsuit with them over an EC as he was made to pay for void space, they included it as part of the sq footage but ist dead void space.He found out when they changed the size on S & P, different from OTP.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree even the 'good' fall short. but the landed by SP Setia, I can say, the 3 houses I have seen, standrd is better than some SG developers, also for landed. No leaking, that's pretty good.I have bought 7 brand new units from developes, and even my high end condo in Orchard Rd has leaks. Lots of complainst abt defetcs for all the projects I bought adn lots fo prefab. One landed unit we bought, bedroom walls were gypsum board, they didnt vene build proper walls. at least Setia builds brick by brick.So on both sides, they fall short. Even CDL, I hear Livia a lot fo complaints. One of my friedns even got into a lawsuit with them over an EC as he was made to pay for void space, they included it as part of the sq footage but ist dead void space.He found out when they changed the size on S & P, different from OTP.

Also, I have seen BRDB and Tanah Sutera's projects.......not bad leh..... After all, Tanah Sutera is managed by our v own Keppel Land. Kepland is not just a passive shareholder in Tanah Sutera....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chocolate, your experience in properties really shows. May I add that in cat 1 above, I also like Sime Darby and Sunway. There are also some surprise dark horse developer that suddenly come up with a spectacular product. Think the developer of desa park city, everyone was amazed at the final product as the developer, then, was quite unknown. The only problem is these branded developers price their property 3 years ahead. so not much fat for profits.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry to hear about your troubles. Malaysian developments cannot be compared to singapore developments. It's not the developers. For example, setia's eco sanctuary in singapore will turn out as singapore standard. It is the country, the overall climate, work attitude, governmental policies etc all come into play. But m'sia property is cheaper.
however, if one is loaded, why bother with jb? buy orchard, KLCC, penang sea view.

Last edited:

strongterry

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this new freehold condo D'Inspire Residence launching at Bukit Indah. (most comprehensive link i can find)

It's near Bestari Heights landed which was launched some time back. I think this area is good because of the giant hypermarts, and near enough to other amenities. Did anyone buy Bestari Heights? Can give a comparison between landed and condo at Bukit Indah?

nusa bestari has limited land for condo, but lots of landed. will it push prices of condo up? Since there's only setia sky loft and it doesn't seem like there's any other free plot of land there

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
nusa bestari has limited land for condo, but lots of landed. will it push prices of condo up? Since there's only setia sky loft and it doesn't seem like there's any other free plot of land there

sky garden by setia coming up, sky residence already top, D-rich at nearby nusa duta etc.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are so sweet... feel sorry for me. the feeling sucks but its ok cos understood the risks. I came in with my eyes opened. anyway the developers haven't failed me yet... in the sense that the projects still seem to be "alive". oh well, lets wait and see. if they get completed one day. hopefully, before my "tool" fails me.

With regards to buying into KLCC or Penang, its not so much abt cost. Its abt proximity. Too far = Hard to manage. JB has its advantages. I am sure you are already familiar with my theories :smile:

sorry to hear about your troubles. Malaysian developments cannot be compared to singapore developments. It's not the developers. For example, setia's eco sanctuary in singapore will turn out as singapore standard. It is the country, the overall climate, work attitude, governmental policies etc all come into play. But m'sia property is cheaper.
however, if one is loaded, why bother with jb? buy orchard, KLCC, penang sea view.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that property defects happen on both sides of the border. Buildings are simply too big to have ZERO defects. its impossible. But in SG at least they get built and if there are defects, you have legal recourse. Things get rectified within a reasonable time frame. there is light at the end of the tunnel. not so sure if it happens in MY.

Since we are on this topic, why don't I get some of your views. my booking fee agreement has got no time limit or refund clause. So am I screwed? Whats my recourse? I don't need my booking fee back cos I would rather have the apartment. What's a reasonable time frame to wait before taking action and who do I go to for help?