• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

byteblorg

Hi guys, was wondering if any of you experienced dudes have any opinions on seri alam -sapphire 8?i've only seen houses in nusa idaman, quite a nice area, not sure if seri alam can compare to it though.what do you guys think?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, was wondering if any of you experienced dudes have any opinions on seri alam -sapphire 8?i've only seen houses in nusa idaman, quite a nice area, not sure if seri alam can compare to it though.what do you guys think?

Totally cannot compare...

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
BN expect to lose gelang patah. But Johore should still come under BN. So the focus would turn away from nusajaya.

Aree that BN related private arms like UEM or UDA would shift their focus to zone D or A if GP took over by opposition.. Various business-focus private companies like Sunway, DBRB, Setia would still flourish regardless of the administration. If LimkitSiang takes over, I presume more investment from priviate side will come in, judging from his success of running the Penang Admin and historically related to PAP. More importantly, the improved safety of residences.

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar attracts RM5b in Q1, committed investments at RM111bil

A file photo of Ismail looking at a replica of the development in Iskandar. Of the total cumulative committed investments, RM44.82bil, or 40.2%, represents investments that have been realised there. — Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: Iskandar Malaysia attracted RM5.06bil in new investments for the January-to-March period, with committed investments totalling RM111.37bil from 2006 up to March 31.

Of the total cumulative committed investments, RM44.82bil, or 40.2%, represents investments that have been realised.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim, in a statement, said the first quarter of 2013 showed that Iskandar Malaysia continued to receive strong support and patronage from both local and foreign investors in spurring growth. He added that it indicated a high level of confidence that stakeholders had in the various initiatives that were being implemented in the region.

Manufacturing recorded the highest cumulative committed investment at RM35.33bil, followed by petrochemicals and oleo-chemicals (RM5.95bil), logistics (RM4.43bil), tourism (RM2.23bil), healthcare (RM1.6bil), education (RM1.55bil), financial services (RM600mil) and creative industries (RM400mil).

Other sectors that supported the growth of Iskandar Malaysia include property development, in which the residential, retail and industrial segments collectively contributed cumulative investments of RM40.42bil as at March 31, followed by utilities (RM9.53bil), Government investment, mainly in infrastructure and public works (RM8.31bil) and emerging technologies (RM1.03bil).

Ismail said several projects would be completed this year, including the opening of Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios in Medini and Traders Hotel at Puteri Harbour.

“These developments would help increase the value proposition of the region, and appeal to more prospective investors to Iskandar Malaysia.”

Local investors contributed RM72.6bil (64%) of the cumulative committed investments, while the balance of RM38.8bil (36%) was contributed by foreign investors.

“We are looking forward to more quality investments flowing into Iskandar Malaysia. This is based on interest shown by potential investors from Indonesia, China, India and the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, especially in the education, healthcare and tourism sectors,” Ismail said in the statement.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will know the fate of Gelang Patah by end of the week. I hope that will not stop the government pouring in more development for the area.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
New development launching in Medini, Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia.

d'Residences at Medini

Most affordable condo starting from only SGD $1XXk, and you pay upfront cash of only SGD $10+K! Plus DIBS means developer absorbs interest till TOP, meaning no loan repayment till TOP.

SMS me at 81632525 (Lester Chia) to register or for more info.

This is going to attract a lot of flippers.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

d'Residences at Medini

Most affordable condo starting from only SGD $1XXk, and you pay upfront cash of only SGD $10+K! Plus DIBS means developer absorbs interest till TOP, meaning no loan repayment till TOP.

Seems like a real steal at these prices. Frankly, what can you get in Singapore housing developments for S$100K these days.
Just wondering about the developer Distinctive Resources as I am not familiar with them.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10% upfront?

Make sure you give a cheque to the agent...... I smell something fishy.

d'Residences at Medini

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like a real steal at these prices. Frankly, what can you get in Singapore housing developments for S$100K these days.
Just wondering about the developer Distinctive Resources as I am not familiar with them.

I think they said $1xxk and not $100k.

If $190,000 or RM456,000.
Base on the smallest unit of 632 sq ft.....

RM720 psf.

Look at the PSF, do not look at the quantum. (And I guess it is 99LH because they never mention any thing on the land status.)

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they said $1xxk and not $100k.

If $190,000 or RM456,000.
Base on the smallest unit of 632 sq ft.....

RM720 psf.

Look at the PSF, do not look at the quantum. (And I guess it is 99LH because they never mention any thing on the land status.)

Haha, thanks for reminding me not to jump to conclusions!

The LH is 129 years based on the attachment provided.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are going to restrict the sale of landed properties to foreigners the prices of the secondary landed property market will sure crash. Mati lah.

BN Candidate Calls For Conditions On Foreigners Buying Property In Johor

JOHOR BAHARU, May 1 (Bernama) -- Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed, the Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate for the Pulai parliamentary seat, has proposed that the government tighten conditions for foreigners to buy landed property in the Iskandar Malaysia development corridor.

He said foreigners should only be allowed to own property like condominiums valued at more than RM500,000 to ensure that Malaysians could own landed property.

"I have received many complaints over problems to own landed property because of the rising prices which create a negative perception among the people towards the BN government.

"It is a situation beyond the control of the BN government, determined by market forces. As such, the time has come for the BN government to impose the conditions if re-elected to helm the state (Johor)," he said.

He was approached after a visit to Bukit Indah to meet the people on his campaign rounds.

-- BERNAMA

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like what I say before....cheap they dont buy; expensive they will blame outsider pushing up the price.

EL and HH bungalow is around RM1.2m to RM1.6m in 2008; why they did not buy? Will they buy at this price?

Now it is RM4m++, will they buy?

If it crash back to RM2m; will they buy?

The answer is .... they will never buy.

If they are going to restrict the sale of landed properties to foreigners the prices of the secondary landed property market will sure crash. Mati lah.

BN Candidate Calls For Conditions On Foreigners Buying Property In Johor

JOHOR BAHARU, May 1 (Bernama) -- Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed, the Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate for the Pulai parliamentary seat, has proposed that the government tighten conditions for foreigners to buy landed property in the Iskandar Malaysia development corridor.

He said foreigners should only be allowed to own property like condominiums valued at more than RM500,000 to ensure that Malaysians could own landed property.

"I have received many complaints over problems to own landed property because of the rising prices which create a negative perception among the people towards the BN government.

"It is a situation beyond the control of the BN government, determined by market forces. As such, the time has come for the BN government to impose the conditions if re-elected to helm the state (Johor)," he said.

He was approached after a visit to Bukit Indah to meet the people on his campaign rounds.

-- BERNAMA

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Election knee-jerk reaction.

To be fair, any government that has genuine intention to curb runaway properties prices cannot allow free speculation in properties by foreigners, especially landed. eg. Thailand is a poor country but you don't see the govt allowing foreigners to purchase freehold landed properties. Australia allows foreigners to purchase only brand new properties so that it does not put a strain on existing stock - i like the logic and it seems very effective to prevent runaway prices.

To impose a blanket ruling isn't far away from stupidity.
The only sure success about Iskandar is the nice living environment and foreigners willing to purchase a retirement home, i would'nt even count on the universities or whatever shit they have been boasting about.

If they impose a blanket ban on foreigners owning landed properties in JB, then:
- congrats to those who already owned cos' they can't reverse this
- you either use your house as weekend home or rent out
- those planning to flip for profit will have to forget about it for now
- good luck to the whole Iskandar Masterplan... foreign money will stop flowing in and i'm sure they can count on beloved Malaysians to support it

And my very forgiving parting shot: "I'll be there when you come begging me to come back"

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be fair, any government that has genuine intention to curb runaway properties prices cannot allow free speculation in properties by foreigners, especially landed. eg. Thailand is a poor country but you don't see the govt allowing foreigners to purchase freehold landed properties. Australia allows foreigners to purchase only brand new properties so that it does not put a strain on existing stock - i like the logic and it seems very effective to prevent runaway prices.

The only sure success about Iskandar is the nice living environment and foreigners willing to purchase a retirement home, i would'nt even count on the universities or whatever shit they have been boasting about.

If they impose a blanket ban on foreigners owning landed properties in JB, then:
- good luck to the whole Iskandar Masterplan... foreign money will stop flowing in and i'm sure they can count on beloved Malaysians to support it

And my very forgiving parting shot: "I'll be there when you come begging me to come back"

"Alamak! Why did I come back in the first place! Kena con!"

Robert Kuok

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

A developer sales person told me the developer has to pay extra money to the officials to get things approved. If investors stop coming, developers cannot sell, officials cannot make extra money. So a blanket ban on purchase of landed property is unlikely, but the tax part and other conditions attached with landed property purchase is more likely.