• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
E&O look interesting...

Maybe is their brand effect.....Medini......think hard..... Think harder....

Maybe the Bungalow will under price a bit.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Ophira townhouse in EL is launching at 1.3m 2500+ sf. at abt 35sen maint, it is almost 1k RM/month. This is really untested. Why stay in strata townhouse when you can rent a landed?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD NEWS

JOHOR BAHARU: Iskandar Malaysia is set to get its third theme park after Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park and Legoland Malaysia, says Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB).
Print
IIB President and Chief Executive Officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim said the park's investors will make an announcement in three to six months. "The third theme park is oriented towards young adults and children," he told reporters at the Raffles American School groundbreaking at Educity, Nusajaya here today, without disclosing the park's location, construction cost or investors. On Dec 27 last year, Bernama reported from Jakarta that Indonesian theme park developer PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol was planning to expand to Iskandar Malaysia. According to its director Winarto, the company had been invited by the Malaysian government to open a theme park in Iskandar Malaysia and was scouting a suitable location.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD NEWS

JOHOR BAHARU: Iskandar Malaysia is set to get its third theme park after Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park and Legoland Malaysia, says Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB).
Print
IIB President and Chief Executive Officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim said the park's investors will make an announcement in three to six months. "The third theme park is oriented towards young adults and children," he told reporters at the Raffles American School groundbreaking at Educity, Nusajaya here today, without disclosing the park's location, construction cost or investors. On Dec 27 last year, Bernama reported from Jakarta that Indonesian theme park developer PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol was planning to expand to Iskandar Malaysia. According to its director Winarto, the company had been invited by the Malaysian government to open a theme park in Iskandar Malaysia and was scouting a suitable location.

Old news. It's ancol from Indonesia a rojak of Disneyland, universal studio, sea world.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all ,

do u guys have any concerns abt the possible traffic jams at the 2nd link if all the develpoments come into fruition ? I mean there will be lorries, buses, cars , bikes all filling up the link. won't it be like the 1st causeway all over again ?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old news. It's ancol from Indonesia a rojak of Disneyland, universal studio, sea world.

Where could be the likely location? Cos I read the older article the group is looking at min 50ha with up to 100ha for future expansion.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New place will attract crowd...like LegoLand HelloKitty land....

But I wonder they still draw crowd after 3 years....?

If it still draw crowds.... Then I will salute them.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont forget there is a ferry link from harbor front to Puteri Harbor. Tourists will like to come over after sentosa . why not visit more places since they are already here ?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, it's this -

US Six Flags to invest RM1.5bil in Iskandar theme park

NUSAJAYA: US-based theme park operator Six Flags Entertainment Corp is planning to invest between RM1.2bil and RM1.5bil to set up a theme park in Iskandar Malaysia.

Sources told StarBiz that the theme park, which will be double the size of Legoland Malaysia and the company's first theme park in Asia, would offer more than 40 rides.

According to Wikipedia, Six Flags Entertainment is the world's largest amusement part corporation based on quantity of properties and the fifth most popular in terms of attendance.

The company maintains 19 properties throughout North America consisting of theme parks, thrills parks, water theme parks and family entertainment centres.

Iskandar Invesment Bhd (IIB) president and chief executive officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim, who spoke about Iskander Malaysia getting a theme park, which will be third in Iskandar Malaysia, said an announcement would be made by an investor within the next six months on the matter.

The other two theme parks are Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park.

“The new theme park caters to young adults unlike the existing two parks which are for children,'' he told reporters yesterday after the ground-breaking ceremony of the RM250mil Raffles American School campus on an 18.21ha site at EduCity, offering pre-kindergarten to 12th grade education.

He declined to give more details when asked on the new theme park and its attractions, including whether it would be a water-theme park.

Syed Mohamed said the opening of Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Theme Park last year had created a new level of confidence among domestic and foreign investors that Iskandar Malaysia was moving in the right direction.

“Different theme parks cater to different segments of visitors and this will be better than just having one park in our development,'' he added.

The US$200mil Legoland Malaysia on a 23ha site, which is a joint venture between Merlin Entertainment Groups and IIB, is the first Legoland park in Asia.

Other Legoland theme parks across the world are situated in Denmark, the UK, Germany and in Florida and California.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
these theme parks are part of the bigger plan to attract tourists spillover from SG, and stay for 2-3 days in JB. Genting is putting where the money is. USS, hotel in Jur West, JPO.. and tour agencies can arrange them to visit Legoland, Hello Kitty, new theme park and stay at lego hotel or PH.

and if its 6 flags, i am WOWED. this is a big name attraction.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
My speculation that this 3rd theme park will most likely be located at the International Destination Resort site, one of the developments under IIB.

Under IIB (60% khazanah, 20% EPF, 20% Johor State Investment arm)
-----------
Educity
Medini
International Destination Resort

UEM projects will benefit most from the above catlysts as it is owned by Khazanah, and they are all meant to integrate and synergize with each other. So that prices of UEM Land projects being strategically located, will benefit most.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do hope that both governments will work towards streamlining the custom process.
With so much developments going on, it will be in their vested interest to make the crossings as painless as possible.
As it is, the causeways are Bottlenecks to the developments.

The jam at 2nd link is already horrible during working peak hours with many many many Q-cutters who have migrated over from the Causeway. ITs the norm to be jammed up to the top of the bridge and below when entering Singapore. Try after 10am to enter. Its very clear. Because of the jam I have actually shifted back to Spore during weekdays and hop over to my house in JB during weekends. 3 years ago its very relaxed and leisurely drive during morning rush hours. Now no more.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
New place will attract crowd...like LegoLand HelloKitty land....

But I wonder they still draw crowd after 3 years....?

If it still draw crowds.... Then I will salute them.

I wonder wonder wonder too... HK Disneyland is still struggling i think, despite a much larger China hinterland... and Johor by itself doesn't have much of a base.

But then again, if it indeed is 6 Flags, well, i'm sure they would have done their sums...?