• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me spell it out for you:
Puteri Harbour (and to some extent, Medini)

Orchard, Sentosa, condos with ocean/sea views and near to marina... you got a hint

Also, once that stage is reached, don't be greedy. The party is over and the price will start to drop. Again, learn from the Singapore market

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good la move all the PRCs to Danga Bay so that they can gang-bang over in Danga Bay to add to the spices of Johor. Wanna bet? The "only Sporean" is actually a PRC who has taken a PR and then Spore citizenship. So it means 6/6

Six women were charged with rioting at the State Courts on Friday.Yahoo Newsroom - Six women were charged with rioting at the State Courts on Friday.

[UPDATED 2:20pm on 27 June 2014: Clarification added in the fifth paragraph about caning]

Six women, aged between 18 and 30, were charged in court on Friday with rioting at K Box Cineleisure Orchard early last month.

Two of the women also each face an additional charge of “voluntarily causing hurt” to another person.

The accused are Wang Xi, 23; Liu Jiabao, 30; Wu Huamin, 18; Wu Huachun, 19; and Qiu Zhulin, 28; and Ding Jiao, 28. The first five are all People's Republic of China (PRC) nationals with the first two also Singapore permanent residents. The last is a Singapore citizen.
The two women, dressed in black, are among the six charged in court on 27 June with rioting at Cineleisure Orchard in early May.
The two women, dressed in black, are among the six charged in court on 27 June with rioting at Cineleisure Orchard …

All six were accused of rioting on 3 May, at about 2:15am at KBox Cineleisure Orchard at 8 Grange Road by taking part in “an unlawful assembly” with a common object to cause hurt to Zheng Lu, a 19-year-old female PRC national, and by using violence.

As stated in the charge sheets of the women, a person found guilty of rioting could face a jail term of up to 7 years and be liable to caning. Women, however, are usually not sentenced to caning in Singapore.

Wang and Wu Huachun face an additional charge of voluntarily causing hurt to Zheng Lu “by kicking and punching her” at about 11:15pm on 2 May at the karaoke venue. They may be jailed for up to two years or fined up to S$5,000 or both.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you really think Malaysia will allow 1 million Chinese to become residents?
Trust me, there's going to be serious social disorders if there will be too many Chinks in JB in the future. It can already be felt and seen in Sinkie Land and Hongkong.

Furthermore, from history and culturally, the Muslims have always been not too accommodating towards the Chinese race, especially in this region (Malaysia and Indonesia). I hate to see when, should 1 day in the future, the Malays in Johor will see all the Chinese in this state with only 1 (bad) vision, including those from Sinkie Land.

Going forward, I think the Johor Sultan is asking for trouble with his people in his state if he's being shortsighted and be concerned only about making his Billions from the Chinks. Even Penang, with an even more Chinese community, has practiced more restrained in their offers to the Chinks.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can the local be angry with the Chinese since its the Sultan who sold the land to them.
They must respect the Sultan right?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trust me, there's going to be serious social disorders if there will be too many Chinks in JB in the future. It can already be felt and seen in Sinkie Land and Hongkong.

Furthermore, from history and culturally, the Muslims have always been not too accommodating towards the Chinese race, especially in this region (Malaysia and Indonesia). I hate to see when, should 1 day in the future, the Malays in Johor will see all the Chinese in this state with only 1 (bad) vision, including those from Sinkie Land.

Going forward, I think the Johor Sultan is asking for trouble with his people in his state if he's being shortsighted and be concerned only about making his Billions from the Chinks. Even Penang, with an even more Chinese community, has practiced more restrained in their offers to the Chinks.

Muslims love the communist Chinese as most are atheist
and only worship money.
No religious issues with them- so will welcome them with open arms.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-27/chinas-replica-manhattan-results-yet-another-ghost-city

Also try to avoid China Developers.....

Not only you are expose to property trend risk, ghost town etc.... you also need to pray China bubble do not burst.
Any development in China will freeze China development.... you may end up with a half complete project......

A new development of 35,000 is coming soon....... I will avoid totally.....

Unfortunately, not many will really listen. Some friends already registered and seem like "die die" must buy mentality. I think all the media advertisements and publicity have significant impact. Just wish them all the best.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe buy for own stay is Ok.
The Design is beautiful but however if buy to make a quick buck then it's probably not a good idea.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worse thing is this.. the native malays will think that the PRCs are Malaysian Chinese or Sporean Chinese and 13th May riot will come sooner or later. As a businessman only the PRC customers will really tell me straight in my face that my items are expensive. Other nationalities will quietly walk away. They are somewhat confrontational but this is their style

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
The R&F advertisements portray 2 iconic-looking towers that stand out from the rest, one on each side of the causeway. It looks as though the southern 'gateway' to johor and indeed malaysia has been 'hijacked' by a foreign entity. I wonder how the locals will feel.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worse thing is this.. the native malays will think that the PRCs are Malaysian Chinese or Sporean Chinese and 13th May riot will come sooner or later. As a businessman only the PRC customers will really tell me straight in my face that my items are expensive. Other nationalities will quietly walk away. They are somewhat confrontational but this is their style

Politics is a games many people do not play well. As one forummer pointed out , LKY said they can just change the rules overnight. The PRC is better at understanding relationship and how money politics work so in the end all may end well for them.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The R&F advertisements portray 2 iconic-looking towers that stand out from the rest, one on each side of the causeway. It looks as though the southern 'gateway' to johor and indeed malaysia has been 'hijacked' by a foreign entity. I wonder how the locals will feel.

...hiJACK WHAT? It is still Johore....it does not become China just because Chinese developer built it....does it? People come in and built up your country, pumping billions to built and who knows it might just stimulate further inflow of investment.....anyway money is already in the bank thru land sales...otherwise it will remained Old JB with limited prospect....the locals are probably thrilled....

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Chinese came and help the country become a commercial hub, the chinese worked hard, the malays are generally ok with that as the Chinese knows how to share their riches with them....the Chinese in Malaysia generally do not try to exert any form of superiority over their host, something which Singaporean Chinese in general, many here on this forum, are not able to avoid......Singaporean Chinese must always be No.1.......perhaps a legacy of some past leadership? The current leadership probably are more accommodating knowing Spore limit.....and that there is nothing to gain trying to be No.1 all the time....calling other nationalities using degratory terms only serve to create animosity and provoking others to fulfil your expectation of their behaviour.....
...there is no winning in being the winner in the end....

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese came and help the country become a commercial hub, the chinese worked hard, the malays are generally ok with that as the Chinese knows how to share their riches with them....the Chinese in Malaysia generally do not try to exert any form of superiority over their host, something which Singaporean Chinese in general, many here on this forum, are not able to avoid......Singaporean Chinese must always be No.1.......perhaps a legacy of some past leadership? The current leadership probably are more accommodating knowing Spore limit.....and that there is nothing to gain trying to be No.1 all the time....calling other nationalities using degratory terms only serve to create animosity and provoking others to fulfil your expectation of their behaviour.....

I thought some Malaysian Chinese/mixed race here in this forum are the ones who started calling Singaporeans derogatory terms like sinkies whereas before that the Singaporean Chinese in this forum only called Malaysians as Malaysians. Respect is mutual and note that both Singapore and Malaysia are host to the other, not just Msia. One is host for jobs while one is host for house.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
err how can you say Singapore Chinese must be #01? All through our lives, the best and most hardworking lead. Even in our classes, the Indian or Malay students studied very hard and got ranked #01 and no one will say anything or discriminate them.

The former president is Indian. Top surgeons and lawyers all Indians. The DPM indian. Sometimes feel a bit strange why in a Chinese-majority country the most minority here are holding the top 5 posts. But one thing I know for sure if that a Chinese in Malaysia can never be a DPM, Education Minister, Defence Minister or Home Minister. Deputy can la but not the actual portfolio. So in Malaysia we must know who is the son of the soil. If not Perkasa Chief Ali will be very angry and Hisham will start to wave his keri during the annual UMNO big bash party again

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They feel great as long as they see money. Johor Sultan pocketed RM 4.5 BILLION in a single sale entity. The rest of Malaysia said nothing when such an important and historic land right in the city centre next to Custom is being sold to a Chinese developer.

If its sold to a CapitaLand etc, I am sure Singapore flags will be in hot demand again as the nationalist will start buying and burn it near the kastam. But when China come in with cash, everything become boleh boleh boleh.

Malay$ia Boleh!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They feel great as long as they see money. Johor Sultan pocketed RM 4.5 BILLION in a single sale entity. The rest of Malaysia said nothing when such an important and historic land right in the city centre next to Custom is being sold to a Chinese developer.

If its sold to a CapitaLand etc, I am sure Singapore flags will be in hot demand again as the nationalist will start buying and burn it near the kastam. But when China come in with cash, everything become boleh boleh boleh.

Malay$ia Boleh!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 2 neighbors who are Malays. 1 from Singapore (now a Malaysian citizen already) and the other, pure born and bread Malaysians. Both are not on talking terms even though they are living next to each other. Even the Malaysian Malays do look down on their Singaporean counterpart and it's a well known fact. Anyway, I have always maintained neutrality and made friends with both my Malay neighbors. Even during every Hari Raya, the ex-Singaporean Malay will give us some of their dishes on the eve of Hari Raya, whilst the Malaysian Malay will invite us on the actual day for a lunch treat. I'd also offered them hampers in exchange. I am after all, living on "borrowed land".

As the ex-Singaporean Malay family is less well off, I'd even collected those used children clothing from my sister's grandchildren to give to them frequently. Mind you, my sister's family is the "Atas" type and their grandchildren's clothes are mostly branded and expensive. Her primary school grandson goes for S$25 haircuts in Suntec City, taking kid's golf lessons and being chauffeured everywhere in a TOYOTA VELLFIRE.

Most of the Chinks on the other hand, are proud, arrogant, snobbish, selfish and filled with greed. Do you think these people can assimilate well into their Malay culture? When Ah Tiong Land will become world's #1, their attitude will become even worse and I'm sure they will further look down on those below them. It had already happened in Sinkie Land when recently 2 ATBs assaulted a local cosmetic salesgirl in a department store with derogatory terms and snobbish remarks. In Ah Tiong Land, I'd been told straight in front of me:

"We had been bullied by people for so many years already, so, now it's our turn to bully others."

"What you have in Singapore which we don't have? Furthermore, ours are even bigger than yours."

"With our over 1 billion population, we just need each of us to make a pee and your Singapore will sink in no time."

With the above boastful and vengeful mentality, do you believe these people can be refined? Not in my lifetime I'll tell you.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think like a capitalist.....

Make your money and leave the shit behind.

Those whom care a lot......... the 99.99%. The 0.01ers ........ do not care.......