• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updating 'new developments to share', as I went to Berinda's launch of its Ponderosa Vista semi-d yesterday, and had some gd fried kuay teow & satay in the process.

Ponderosa Vista (freehold semi-d)

(40 x 80) with 3,400 sq ft of built up: Starting from RM 1.6M

(45 x 90) with 3,900 sq ft of built up: Starting from RM 1.8M

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updating 'new developments to share', as I went to Berinda's launch of its Ponderosa Vista semi-d yesterday, and had some gd fried kuay teow & satay in the process.

aiya, should've popped by there cos i was in jb in the morning. don't mind makan for free :smile:
btw, any idea how's the takeup rate? how many units for sale in total?

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal

include the legal / duty etc etc... ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya, should've popped by there cos i was in jb in the morning. don't mind makan for free :smile:
btw, any idea how's the takeup rate? how many units for sale in total?

http://www.berinda.com/v3/Pages/taman_ponderosa_ponderosa_vista.html 72 units in total. I don't know on the take-up rate as I was busy eating. Also scared that the sales pple will hound me if I ask too much. As this is 2 storey only, my preference is to go for Desa Tebrau 3 storey though it is slightly further out, given more or less the same price.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.berinda.com/v3/Pages/taman_ponderosa_ponderosa_vista.html 72 units in total. I don't know on the take-up rate as I was busy eating. Also scared that the sales pple will hound me if I ask too much. As this is 2 storey only, my preference is to go for Desa Tebrau 3 storey though it is slightly further out, given more or less the same price.

oh no offence to bro fhbh, but for the same price ponderosa location is much better. type A has BU 3400sft, that's quite big. i gather it's FH? website doesn't say.
for 1.6m choices are aplenty. it's a lot of money.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh no offence to bro fhbh, but for the same price ponderosa location is much better. type A has BU 3400sft, that's quite big. i gather it's FH? website doesn't say.
for 1.6m choices are aplenty. it's a lot of money.

I also think Ponderosa location to 1st link is better. If website doesn't say freehold, usually it is not. Leasehold and freehold is a critical decision factor.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite objective, no need to worry about offending me. My DT's roof leaked I also showed, Pandan bridge jammed I also highlighted :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think Ponderosa location to 1st link is better. If website doesn't say freehold, usually it is not. Leasehold and freehold is a critical decision factor.

IIRC correctly it's FH?. only ponderosa green is LH there.
location to me isn't only about distance to 1st link although yes, taht comes into play.
ponderosa is next to golf course and the molek enclave has a rather upper class feel, like in PJ.
of course DT has it's advantages over ponderosa as well such as mall, more chinese shops etc.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
IIRC correctly it's FH?. only ponderosa green is LH there.
location to me isn't only about distance to 1st link although yes, taht comes into play.
ponderosa is next to golf course and the molek enclave has a rather upper class feel, like in PJ.
of course DT has it's advantages over ponderosa as well such as mall, more chinese shops etc.
Yes it's freehold. I also think its rather ex at rm1.6m but nowadays, it seems to be the going rate for semi-d. I am still surprised at the huge price diff betw terraces & semi-d in jb, which is not necessarily the case in sg. I feel at a similar location, SG prices are determined more by the size & built-up and not the class of housing eg semi-d vs terraces

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Missing a road directly connected from Pelangi to ponderosa. price may not diff though. like a dead end, bad fengshui.:p

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it's freehold. I also think its rather ex at rm1.6m but nowadays, it seems to be the going rate for semi-d. I am still surprised at the huge price diff betw terraces & semi-d in jb, which is not necessarily the case in sg. I feel at a similar location, SG prices are determined more by the size & built-up and not the class of housing eg semi-d vs terraces

Likely because there is another cluster type which divides further in prices: semi-d vs clusters vs terraces

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Star 30/5/14

JOHOR BARU: Stulang Laut will undergo a major transformation with a theme park and high-end commercial area among the new features.

Berjaya Group has proposed to the Johor government to conduct reclamation work on a 24.68ha site in the area.

Its founder Tan Sri Vincent Tan said the group was waiting to begin the first phase of the project.

“Berjaya Group owns the land and we want to develop it to keep with the progress taking place in Johor. Berjaya has invested throughout Malaysia, but Johor has a special place in my heart as I was born in Batu Pahat and I want to see the state being progressive,” he said after handing out more than RM1.2mil through his Better Malaysia Foundation to 47 charitable organisations in the state yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Tunku Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah, who is the daughter of Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, graced the event.

Tan said Berjaya Group would also refurbish and revamp the duty-free area which housed the Berjaya Waterfront Hotel and Duty-Free Shopping Complex.

Tan said Berjaya Group aimed to change the area into a family-orientated zone, adding that the group also had other projects in the pipeline for Johor.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huawei to open centres in Nusajaya

BEIJING: Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, will open its Regional Data Hosting and Logistics Centres in Nusajaya, Johor, within the next two to three weeks.

Scott Sykes, vice president, head of International media affairs, said it would be operational once some tax matters are resolved.

The Regional Data Hosting Centre will be located in an office space of at least 10,000 square feet, while the Regional Logistics Centre will occupy a warehouse space of at least 80,000 square feet in Nusajaya.

Huawei Technologies (Malaysia), which has received the Authorised Economic Operator, or AEO from the Malaysian government, signed an agreement with

Khazanah Nasional last October to establish the centre.

The data hosting centre will cater for data needed for services, while the logistics segment will serve as the shipment hub for the company's equipment in the region.

"Equipment manufactured from other parts of the world will be distributed to half a dozen countries like Singapore and the Philippines from Nusajaya," Sykes

said.

It was reported earlier that the logistics centre will have a cargo value estimated at US$300 million.

The centre is expected to handle about 1,500 containers annually and shipped through the Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Sykes told Malaysian media here covering

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's visit to Huawei's brand new exhibition centre at its sprawling research and development hub.

He said Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei had briefed Najib on the company's global and local businesses, while giving a commitment on its future in Malaysia.

The R&D centre at the Zhongguancun Environmental Protection Park, about an hour's drive from here, has a workforce of about 10,000 people, including

hundreds of doctorate holders.

Huawei, which posted US$40 billion revenue last year, has over 70,000 product and solution R&D employees, comprising more than 45 per cent of its total workforce worldwide.

It has set up 16 R&D centres in countries that include China, Germany, Sweden, the United States, France, Italy, Russia and India.-- Bernama

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan very pissed off after losing pedra blanca. This is his way of getting back at spore govt. expect more inconveniences to get worse

Land reclamation project linked to royalty set to ruffle Malaysia-Singapore ties, says report - The Malaysian Insider

A massive land reclamation and development project backed by the Johor royal household ‎is causing a wrinkle in the close Malaysia-Singapore ties, the Edge Review reported today.

Quoting sources in its Informer column, the paper reported that China’s Country Gardens Holding Co Ltd has secured rights from the Johor government to reclaim as much as 2,000 hectares of land on the Johor coast for a luxury residential project.

The multi-billion dollar project will extend the Johor coast around the so-called Second Link right up to the edges of the boundary separating Malaysia and Singapore, it said.

The Edge Review reported that the Malaysian side of the Johor-Singapore link is creating unease in the island state.

It quoted sources as saying that Johor's Sultan Ibrahim Ismail Sultan Iskandar is behind the project, which is being actively promoted by powerful politicians in Johor.

It further said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak was facing a serious dilemma on how to deal with concerns raised by Singapore.

There are potential hurdles to the planned Johor development.

Malaysian environmental rules stipulate that reclamation projects involving areas exceeding 50 hectares must carry out environmental impact assessments before development can proceed.

To circumvent this legal requirement, the promoters of the Johor development have proposed dissecting the reclaimed area with canals.

While environmental issues come under Putrajaya's purview, all land matters fall under the jurisdiction of the state government.

Although Singapore has yet to publicly raise any concerns over the project, the Edge Review reported that the republic's diplomatic feathers have been ruffled. – May 30, 2014.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.nst.com.my/nation/genera...?cache=03/7.196129/7.291149/7.320411/7.320411

JOHOR BARU: The state government has welcomed the address by the Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar proposing the ceiling price for foreign buyers for landed properties in the state to be set at RM2 million.
Johor housing and local government executive committee chairman Datuk Abd Latif Bandi said the proposed ceiling price would enable the state government to control the sale of landed properties to foreigners.
“This, in turn, will protect the interests of local buyers as they will not have to compete with foreigners. I also agree that the ceiling price should be higher in Johor because of its proximity with Singapore.”
He said the ceiling price should be based on the situation in the state.
“In Johor, we have to take into account that the price of land is higher and our proximity to Singapore means the demand for landed properties is also high. Local buyers also prefer to buy landed properties, so we must give priority to them.”
Yesterday, Sultan Ibrahim said the Federal Government’s proposal for the ceiling price of properties for foreign buyers to be set at RM1 million was unsuitable for Johor.