• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
location better than lenang heights , my opinion only.
yeah.. when ever buy new house, its always "new high". especially branded developer. i think for landed housing jb no way but up as the preferred locations all get built up...

I got challenged by a few forumers when I said landed shd continue to go up too :*: Probably they r marketing condos n I spoilt their market. Recent newspaper n online media, plus my forums n ground survey pointed out tt landed is e way to go in Malaysia. Watch out for e improvements at first link, the smoother traffic with New counters will bring a big boost in wealth in zone A n Tebrau area.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got challenged by a few forumers when I said landed shd continue to go up too :*: Probably they r marketing condos n I spoilt their market. Recent newspaper n online media, plus my forums n ground survey pointed out tt landed is e way to go in Malaysia. Watch out for e improvements at first link, the smoother traffic with New counters will bring a big boost in wealth in zone A n Tebrau area.

i agree with you, but maybe not sooo enthusiastic like you. to me, landed is a safer buy esp at places like tebrau, skudai, BI , perling as there is local demand. those new condo in jb too ex, the price is mont kiara price but the design, environment etc is definitely not MK standard. but this is all my opinion only. anyway, 'a rising tide...' etc etc.
what kind of 'ground survey'?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ecoworld's Datuk Chang & Tan Sri Liew know JB v well mah.....probably v v soon.....haha

maybe after eco spring / summer, cos those are modeled after english houses (ie classical look).
although ew is 'competition' to my future taman, but i think the whole area up north will be very nicely designed and masterplanned.
270 acre SEC
600+ acre eco spring / summer.
i only hope they don't flood the market all at one go.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

For Zone A/Tebrau, the catalytic projects are RTS, Ikea Tebrau, Southkey in descending order imho.....Of course, the improvement in JB road works & first link expansion will be a welcome boost too.

I also have a hunch that something is coming up at Old Woodlands Food Centre (PAP govt is going to SERS the few blocks there). It will greatly benefit Zone A as well. Probably the PAP will announce in 2016? Haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe after eco spring / summer, cos those are modeled after english houses (ie classical look).
although ew is 'competition' to my future taman, but i think the whole area up north will be very nicely designed and masterplanned.
270 acre SEC
600+ acre eco spring / summer.
i only hope they don't flood the market all at one go.

Ecoworld will launch a few projects quickly, that's for sure as bank interest is running. Hopefully, after the cash starts to come in, they can then take it easy and pace out the remaining new launches.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ecoworld will launch a few projects quickly, that's for sure as bank interest is running. Hopefully, after the cash starts to come in, they can then take it easy and pace out the remaining new launches.

yup. probly going to check them out soon :smile:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you, but maybe not sooo enthusiastic like you. to me, landed is a safer buy esp at places like tebrau, skudai, BI , perling as there is local demand. those new condo in jb too ex, the price is mont kiara price but the design, environment etc is definitely not MK standard. but this is all my opinion only. anyway, 'a rising tide...' etc etc.
what kind of 'ground survey'?

Usually some questions posed to e locals, from forums n other observations of proxies of e property market as I stroll around JB.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Zone A/Tebrau, the catalytic projects are RTS, Ikea Tebrau, Southkey in descending order imho.....Of course, the improvement in JB road works & first link expansion will be a welcome boost too.

I also have a hunch that something is coming up at Old Woodlands Food Centre (PAP govt is going to SERS the few blocks there). It will greatly benefit Zone A as well. Probably the PAP will announce in 2016? Haha

There's Vantage Bay too :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's Vantage Bay too :smile:

Yes I forgot abt Vantage Bay. Peter Lim doesn't really have experience in retail mall management, so I am not sure if it will be a roaring success, unlike Ikea Tebrau & Southkey mid-valley. As an eg, the retail environment in SMRT station/exchanges sucks. But if it takes off well, it will certainly be another gd shopping destination.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter Lim doesn't really have experience in retail mall management, so I am not sure if it will be a roaring success, unlike Ikea Tebrau & Southkey mid-valley. As an eg, the retail environment in SMRT station/exchanges sucks. But if it takes off well, it will certainly be another gd shopping destination.[/QUOTE]

Peter Lim also do not have xperience in running a football team...that was probably why he did not get to buy Valencia..
But imo..he is a very good businessman

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah this thread quiet for so long... so here's some news to perk it up :wink:

The Star 1/3/14
PETALING JAYA: The*Greenland Group, one of China’s biggest state-owned companies, is planning to invest RM3bil in an integrated real estate development project in Danga Bay in Johor.

In a statement yesterday, it said the company chairman,*Zhang Yuliang, led a six-member high-powered delegation from its headquarters in Shanghai to finalise a major land deal with Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWH) for the development.

It said Greenland, which is reportedly keen to acquire around 60ha land in IWH, was expected to formalise the land deal soon.

The high-profile China developer has been on a buying spree in recent years, acquiring big real-estate projects in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, London and South Korea.

Greenland was ranked 359 in the Fortune Global 500 company survey last year.

“Greenland’s forte is in mixed commercial development, including high-end hotels and residential towers.

“We expect them to bring their expertise and market knowledge to help build world-class waterfront properties in Danga Bay,” said IWH executive director*Lim Chen Herng. He said the premier waterfront site had drawn strong interests from major property players from around the world, several of whom had already launched landmark projects here.

“To date 16 local and foreign investors have joined hands with IWH to develop properties with a cumulative gross development value of RM125bil,” said managing director of IWH Tan Sri Lim Kang*Hoo.

They include Temasek/CapitaLand,*Tune Hotel, Tropicana Corp Bhd,*Brunsfield Group, Nam Cheong,*Skyfront Holdings,Azea Properties*and*Centurian Properties

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://investjohor.wordpress.com/20...o-develop-pinewood-vantage-bay-and-danga-bay/ Looks like there is a few more medini.IRDA, Iskandar Regional Development Authority extends tax holidays and incentives to three more nodes in Iskandar MalaysiaPETALING JAYA: The Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) has extended special tax holidays and other incentive packages currently reserved for investments in Medini in Nusajaya to three other nodes in the Iskandar Malaysia development region, according to a source.Privileges previously exclusive to investments within the 929.20ha area of Medini, have now been expanded to include Pinewood Iskandar Studios for creative projects, Vantage Bay (healthcare projects) and Danga Bay (tourism projects), where Capitaland is building its City in A2 Island in the next 10 years.There is now no restriction on foreign ownership in Medini, which is sub-divided into three development clusters – the financial district, Medini Central and lifestyle and leisure with each developed by different developers.Irda defines a node as an area dedicated to specific defined activities or development with those having projects there enjoying certain privileges and benefits.Among others, local and foreign companies investing in projects in these nodes can now qualify for exemption of income tax, stamp duty and real property gain tax for between five and 10 years.Under tourism, this applies for new hotel projects, convention centres, resort properties or the upgrading and expansion of existing hotels of up to three-star status.danga bayDanga Bay, which is a flagship development by Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd, is being transformed into Johor Baru's new integrated international waterfront city.It has to date secured several multi-billion-ringgit investments by both local and foreign investors, many of whom have earmarked the waterfront destination for a myriad of world-class tourist attractions.Pinewood Studios is an integrated media production studio facility jointly developed by UK-based Pinewood Shepperton PLC and Khazanah Nasional Bhd. It is designed to boost Malaysia's status as a regional and international film production hub, with a comprehensive range of film and TV studios, post production services and other sophisticated facilities."Any film company using Pinewood studio for production can now enjoy a host of special tax and other incentives," a source close to the matter told theSun, adding that this included full exemption from National Film Development Corporation (Finas) controls.VBVantage Bay, a RM10 billion integrated development here, is a joint venture between the Johor royal family and Singaporean businessman Peter Lim. The centrepiece of the project is a medical hub to be operated by Thomson Medical Centre. Spanning 10ha, the waterfront project is a gated city with its own medical campus, residential apartments, hotels, convention centres, shopping malls and commercial offices.IRDA believes the creation of the three new nodes will further accelerate and spearhead Iskandar Malaysia into the next level to become an international metropolis by 2025.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, thought the new ruling was foreigners cannot buy resale from locals...

I heard a different version today - Malaysians cannot sell to foreigners in secondary market. This was from an agent so not sure how reliable.

Foreigners cannot buy from locals.
Locals cannot sell to foreigners.
Both meant the same thing.

Like I already say; this rule is 100% good for foreigners; because as a foreigner, I can sell my properties to both locals and foreigners.

Locals only can sell to local. The Malaysians are screwed.

That is how stupid this rule is, but I simply love it as a foreigner.