• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I think it's the same in KL, SG or JB. Landed yield lower than condos... Fitting out a brand new landed for rental is also a real headache, and cost at least RM 15-20K I feel (aircon, grilles, alarm, autogate, electrical wiring, cooking area, lights, fans etc). Flipping seems the best option!

where you get that quote 15K RM? this one i must get your lobang, good or not the contractor? because the kitchen cabinet alone i heard is > 10k? really that easy to flip in JB? but yeah, between flipping and renting out the house, flipping is better especially if the house is on DIBS. imagine, 5k RM deposit, get 100k ++ after 3 years. That is, if someone care to buy your house..

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
where you get that quote 15K RM? this one i must get your lobang, good or not the contractor? because the kitchen cabinet alone i heard is > 10k? really that easy to flip in JB? but yeah, between flipping and renting out the house, flipping is better especially if the house is on DIBS. imagine, 5k RM deposit, get 100k ++ after 3 years. That is, if someone care to buy your house..

I think 15k quite difficult, cos aircon cost a few k liao..... cheapest wet kitchen cabinet we found (not recommended for self-stay) is a Kulai chap who is willing to do for ard RM 7K. Cheapo grilles for around Rm 3-4K. Add in lights, fans, 4 air-con, alarm, autogate and it's possible for RM 15-20K, if tenant dont request for other stuff like sofa, wardrobes.

Yah, flipping it is probably better. Flipping commercial and industrial even more lucrative but higher risks.....

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boom in Johor property market

EXACTLY a month ago when Country Garden Holdings Ltd announced that it was launching the Country Garden Danga Bay upscale property development sprawling 23 hectares in Danga Bay, Johor Baru, many were a little sceptical.

I was among the many as I wrote in my last commentary: "How many locals are bringing home 'five-star' salary cheques?"

My visit to the sales gallery on Saturday changed that thought.

I found it so intriguing, I went to the sales gallery again on Sunday. I am convinced now that Johor has many rich people.

Let me rephrase that. Johor's property market is in vibrant health.

Some buyers I believe were attracted by the fact that they could easily get their RM8,000 deposit back should they fail to get a loan from the bank.

As one young potential buyer there told me, she bravely put in the RM8,000 to lock in the unit that she had her eyes on.

"My husband and I have been looking around for the past one year or so.

"We went to a few residential areas, but this is the kind of lifestyle that we want for ourselves and our children," said the woman named Jill (not her real name).

Jill, in her 30s, who is a local working in Singapore, said she and her husband booked a unit pegged at RM700,000.

"With our combined salaries, we should be able to service the loan which will only start about three years later.

"Since we loved the unit so much, both of us will have to be disciplined and save every cent that we earn.

"It is good that we now have a goal to save money," she said, adding that should their loan be rejected, they could get a refund of the RM8,000.

It was fascinating to see the way the people were snapping up the available units like they were buying kuih at a market.

One sales staff described it as "buying vegetables in the wet market".

"Competition is stiff as there are between 300 and 400 sales staff vying for customers. We have to meet sales quotas or we will lose our jobs.

"The company is strict. A few staff have been told to leave after they were found to have a hand in property speculation," he said.

Apart from organising the Euro fun park, which coincides with the sales launch, the developer also introduced a scheme that offered discounts to buyers if they can get two others to sign together with them.

Back to Jill, who told me she had come to the sales office early that morning because she wanted to look for two buyers to sign with her.

"I managed to persuade my brother to buy a unit. I was still short of another buyer which will entitle me to the discount, so I approached this gentleman at the sales office.

"He looked stern as I first approached him. Later, I found out that he was frustrated as he couldn't find a single relative or close friend to buy the property with him as he, too, wanted to enjoy the discount."

Jill managed to get a discount of RM3,800 from her purchase.

It seems the higher-end units pegged at more than RM1 million have been fully sold. The ones available are the studio units and one-bedroom units pegged from RM400,000 onwards.

Even these units are going fast as buyers are locking in on them before they are snapped up by others.

I think some are adopting the "kiasu" attitude while some are following the crowd in fear that they would be left out of the rat race.

Checks on two other property developers revealed that the demand for high-rise units is on the rise as units were taken up almost immediately after they were launched.

Visitors flockingflocked to the Country Garden Danga Bay sales gallery over the weekend. STR/Pic by Chuah Bee Kim

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boom in Johor property market

EXACTLY a month ago when Country Garden Holdings Ltd announced that it was launching the Country Garden Danga Bay upscale property development sprawling 23 hectares in Danga Bay, Johor Baru, many were a little sceptical.

I was among the many as I wrote in my last commentary: "How many locals are bringing home 'five-star' salary cheques?"

My visit to the sales gallery on Saturday changed that thought.

I found it so intriguing, I went to the sales gallery again on Sunday. I am convinced now that Johor has many rich people.

Let me rephrase that. Johor's property market is in vibrant health.

Some buyers I believe were attracted by the fact that they could easily get their RM8,000 deposit back should they fail to get a loan from the bank.

As one young potential buyer there told me, she bravely put in the RM8,000 to lock in the unit that she had her eyes on.

"My husband and I have been looking around for the past one year or so.

"We went to a few residential areas, but this is the kind of lifestyle that we want for ourselves and our children," said the woman named Jill (not her real name).

Jill, in her 30s, who is a local working in Singapore, said she and her husband booked a unit pegged at RM700,000.

"With our combined salaries, we should be able to service the loan which will only start about three years later.

"Since we loved the unit so much, both of us will have to be disciplined and save every cent that we earn.

"It is good that we now have a goal to save money," she said, adding that should their loan be rejected, they could get a refund of the RM8,000.

It was fascinating to see the way the people were snapping up the available units like they were buying kuih at a market.

One sales staff described it as "buying vegetables in the wet market".

"Competition is stiff as there are between 300 and 400 sales staff vying for customers. We have to meet sales quotas or we will lose our jobs.

"The company is strict. A few staff have been told to leave after they were found to have a hand in property speculation," he said.

Apart from organising the Euro fun park, which coincides with the sales launch, the developer also introduced a scheme that offered discounts to buyers if they can get two others to sign together with them.

Back to Jill, who told me she had come to the sales office early that morning because she wanted to look for two buyers to sign with her.

"I managed to persuade my brother to buy a unit. I was still short of another buyer which will entitle me to the discount, so I approached this gentleman at the sales office.

"He looked stern as I first approached him. Later, I found out that he was frustrated as he couldn't find a single relative or close friend to buy the property with him as he, too, wanted to enjoy the discount."

Jill managed to get a discount of RM3,800 from her purchase.

It seems the higher-end units pegged at more than RM1 million have been fully sold. The ones available are the studio units and one-bedroom units pegged from RM400,000 onwards.

Even these units are going fast as buyers are locking in on them before they are snapped up by others.

I think some are adopting the "kiasu" attitude while some are following the crowd in fear that they would be left out of the rat race.

Checks on two other property developers revealed that the demand for high-rise units is on the rise as units were taken up almost immediately after they were launched.

Visitors flockingflocked to the Country Garden Danga Bay sales gallery over the weekend. STR/Pic by Chuah Bee Kim

Don't let go of your seaview units! :wink:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't let go of your seaview units! :wink:

People tend to do wrong thing at the right moment.

The bull is ragging in Johor now; even KL and Penang properties market have been very quiet due to the boom in Iskandar.

I would not say sure win; I would say the price we buy in 2013 will not been seen again from 2014 onward.

PS: Johor boom should have started very early in 2000; this delay have given more Singaporeans to make money in Singapore properties market first. Now they are bringing those money to Iskandar; and we are just in early stage 2 of the bull run.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
People tend to do wrong thing at the right moment.

The bull is ragging in Johor now; even KL and Penang properties market have been very quiet due to the boom in Iskandar.

I would not say sure win; I would say the price we buy in 2013 will not been seen again from 2014 onward.

PS: Johor boom should have started very early in 2000; this delay have given more Singaporeans to make money in Singapore properties market first. Now they are bringing those money to Iskandar; and we are just in early stage 2 of the bull run.

Almost every developer is launching new projects in Iskandar. The bull might become just a cow or a charging water buffalo next month when the Government unveil the 2014 budget. In the papers today, PM Najib is reviewing all high cost Government projects as Malaysia is trying to cut its spending and one of the highlighted project is the HSR. As quoted, he did not give a yes or no answer, just saying it is still under negotiations. He also did not mention the RTS between Singapore and JB. He only affirmed that the MRT Line 1,2 and 3 in KL is definitely on.

But if the property bought is for own stay, no need to worry. You only need to worry if it is purely speculative.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost every developer is launching new projects in Iskandar. The bull might become just a cow or a charging water buffalo next month when the Government unveil the 2014 budget. In the papers today, PM Najib is reviewing all high cost Government projects as Malaysia is trying to cut its spending and one of the highlighted project is the HSR. As quoted, he did not give a yes or no answer, just saying it is still under negotiations. He also did not mention the RTS between Singapore and JB. He only affirmed that the MRT Line 1,2 and 3 in KL is definitely on.

But if the property bought is for own stay, no need to worry. You only need to worry if it is purely speculative.

Confirmed HSR off.rm$30 billion where to find the money. RTS should be on.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

RTS will be a cashcow for Malaysia that will be worshipped. The other projects in other states will definitely be scrutinised. I think HSR will be delayed as it is a little too ambitious. Get ready for higher property prices if other measures are implemented.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. HSR actually not necessary. We are already well-linked by budget airlines. Introduce more budget flies to keep the cost down. RTS is good to further jump start the iskandar.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i also think HSR is BS one. Malaysia trying to get singapore to pay 20B of it, half of it masuk one. of cos singapore not so dumb. singapore will say pay only 1/2b, since the line so short in singapore. they will then proceed to talk about it (called "negotations") for 50 years.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also think HSR is BS one. Malaysia trying to get singapore to pay 20B of it, half of it masuk one. of cos singapore not so dumb. singapore will say pay only 1/2b, since the line so short in singapore. they will then proceed to talk about it (called "negotations") for 50 years.

Lucky RTS consultancy work of US$42m awarded and finishing liao. Cost is shared 50-50, so no arguments on that..... Otherwise dunno how long.....

http://www.aecom.com/What+We+Do/Tra...CA&Go=Go&localeHidden=fr_CA&localeFlash=en_US

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fixed timeline for HSR says Najib

Sep 3, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
The mass rapid transit (MRT) projects will proceed according to plans and the government is still in the process of negotiating the development of the high-speed rail (HSR) link that will connect Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, assured Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak.

“There is no fixed timeline for the HSR project as it involves negotiations with the Singapore government and there are technical matters involved so we will come up with a schedule later on,” he said after the Fiscal Policy Committee (FPC) meeting.

To address the country's budget deficit, the government has committed to fiscal reforms and the spacing out of public projects, particularly those with high import content and low-multiplier effects, said the Performance Management & Delivery Unit during its Economic Transformation Programme mid-year review.

Based on FPC's assessment, the external environment is becoming more challenging. Hence, the country's continued fiscal deficits and moderation in the current balance of payments pose medium-term risks to the economy, said Najib.

With this, he believes that “strengthening the fiscal position is vital to sustaining the resilience of the economy, as well as further enhancing public and investor confidence.”

He also revealed that the government will continue to look for ways to improve its competitiveness as well as diversify its exports market.

“The above measures will not only address the immediate concerns of the economy and the government's financial position, but also strengthen public finances over the medium and long term,” said Najib.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just back from JB. it seems many businesses have up-ed their prices! sianz...

even that Kinsahi gold digging BS of a Japanese restaurant raised its price. gonna boycott them.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things at JB r never tat cheap.

My regular nasi padang at the chinese coffee shop opp CS. Juz Ikan goreng (depend on the size) and sayur oredi cost me M$6-8. Havent include drinks. And its packed during noon! Msians do really have spending power.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Friday Najib will be announcing these changes to cool the property market and weed out speculators.
I heard will take effect from 1st jan 2014.

Proposal on RGPT:
- Property sell within 2 year, goes up to 30% tax
- property sell within 3 yrs, is 15%
- property sell within 4 yrs, 15%

Loan amount reduce to 60% for 3rd property

Stamp duty increase:
- 5% of purchase price for 3rd property
- 7.5% for 4th property
- 10% for 5th property and beyond

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Friday Najib will be announcing these changes to cool the property market and weed out speculators.
I heard will take effect from 1st jan 2014.

Proposal on RGPT:
- Property sell within 2 year, goes up to 30% tax
- property sell within 3 yrs, is 15%
- property sell within 4 yrs, 15%

Loan amount reduce to 60% for 3rd property

Stamp duty increase:
- 5% of purchase price for 3rd property
- 7.5% for 4th property
- 10% for 5th property and beyond

from 1st jan next year? wouldn't prices cheong like mad in the 4Q 2013 then? should be interesting.