• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens have misunderstood Goh Meng Seng again

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Netizens upset with former NSP chief

Satish Cheney
inSing.com - 57 mins ago

Mr Goh Meng Seng's comments have drawn flak from many netizens

Many netizens are upset with former National Solidarity Party (NSP) secretary-general Goh Meng Seng's comments regarding a possible by-election in Hougang.

Edmund Teo wrote on inSing's Facebook page: "Firstly, what does he take Hougang voters for? Secondly, what makes him think that the NSP will do better in Kallang-Moulmein if the WP had withdrawn?"

Oh Tham Eng wrote, "Revenge? What are you talking about, Goh Meng Seng?

Seah reiterated on Facebook late last night (20 March) that she has no intention of taking part in a by-election if it happens.

She said, "Anyone else who does so( take part in a by-election in Hougang) is not taking into consideration the work of Worker's Party MP Low Thia Kiang in retaining one of Singapore's longest-serving opposition wards. I will continue to focus efforts on NSP's groundwork in the wards we contested in and the MacPherson community project which has been going strong. Thank you all for your support."

Netizens have welcomed Seah's comments.

Lee Yew Moon wrote, "I have little doubt that you recognize the hard work done by Low Thia Khiang and WP in Hougang and Aljunied. Still, it is really nice to hear it from you."

Robert Teh said, "Thanks Ms Nicole Seah for your magnanimous spirit. It speaks well of you."

When contacted by inSing News, the Workers' Party's Sylvia Lim declined comment on Goh's remarks.

NSP held a meeting in February to discuss the possibility of contesting in Hougang, but the party has not confirmed if it will do so.

Also in February, both former presidential candidate Tan Jee Say and Reform Party candidate Frankie Low said they had not ruled out taking part in a possible by-election in Hougang.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this GMS and that SAW are bff. KNN still constantly want to be in the news.

just STFU lah, will die meh?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read that Goh Meng Seng is considering sending Nicole Seah to contest Hougang to take revenge on WP for muscling into the Kallang Moulmein GRC in the last election. The thinking is rational and logical and will be good, as they say competition will end up with the consumers getting the best deal. And with the popularity of Nicole, she stands a good chance of winning some votes.

NSP is perhaps the second strongest opposition party after WP. They should challenge WP for the position of being the top opposition party and pave its way to win a GRC in the next GE. A good showing in Hougang will seal that fate. I must say that opposition politics is very healthy and their thinking to out fox each other is very fertile and needs to be encouraged. They are quite predictable in a way.

My assessment is that the opposition should gain around 60-65% of the Hougang votes. And Nicole should easily command 30% and the WP another 30%. These will be reasonably good results for the NSP and it can tell the WP not to take it for granted in the next GE.

As for the PAP, it can sleep walk into Hougang with its hard core 35-40% supporters without having to do anything. No need any big name minister to blow the trumpet. Just let the opposition fight it out and do the job for them. PAP’s strategy can be very simple. Blow the ego of the opposition parties and let them stand up to prove who is the better loser.

I like what I am hearing. Go opposition parties. Go and prove that you are the better of the second best. And I have better reasons to say that. Give the voters more choices. And Nicole is a star and sure got chance to win a lot of votes. And there are many excellent independent candidates like Jee Say to fall back on. Hougang will be an interesting circus in the making.

I think Hsien Loong must be smiling quietly to himself. He may be encouraged to hold a by election quickly given the bravado of the opposition camp.

- http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2012/03/hougang-will-test-intelligence-of.html

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I read that Goh Meng Seng is considering sending Nicole Seah to contest Hougang to take revenge on WP for muscling into the Kallang Moulmein GRC in the last election.

Excuse me brother, GMS has already resign as the secretary general of NSP many moons ago. :biggrin:

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP should just absorb NS and let her run in Hougang!!

problem solved as long PAP doesn't regain Hougang.

NS should understudy Sylvia to become a professional politician!

Please no more PAPs in Parliament because there is already alot of them now!!

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm Hazel Poa, I'll probably not contest in this BE. Every political party is to get into parliament, why would I contest when I know I won't win? Revenge? This is really silly. Politics are about interests, gains. Go contest a BE with no chance of winning? For fuck sake? In addition, by not contesting, NSP will garner political goodwill from WP and appreciation from many Singaporeans. This will help NSP at the next GE, although I must say it's a long way to go from the next GE (so impact will be limited). But people do remember and NSP just need to subtly remind voters during the hustlings at the next GE.

GMS is just a self-centred prick who's bitter after his political fortune went south. He better dun tell HK people he's Singaporean. Wait HK people think Singaporeans all so fucked up like him. Should send him to Saturn.

Last edited:

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revenge? This is really silly. Politics are about interests, gains.

If we talk about revenge, then it should be Desmond Lim who should be baying for WP's blood. WP came to muddle into Punggol East according to him. Of course, he wont (and he announced it) because losing another deposit will be too painful.

Anyone who think otherwise can try, but please do not arrow another person to come forward.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will Tan Jee Say contest in Hougang?

I don't support Tan Jee Say contesting in Hougang because I don't think he ever did his goundwork there! It will make him look like an opportunist.