• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEL train delayed after electrical surge

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most employers know that malaysian women working in s'pore is the most unreliable, if they not happy, they will just pack and go back malaysia, and don't even serve notice.

in saw's case, she was handpicked for some reason, like someone on top probably like her. this top brass must be blamed and not saw.:rolleyes:

You pity Saw Paik Hwa? She is probably laughing at you. She went from retrenched jobless woman to become SMRT CEO for a few years, earning millions.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard it was de former pkms abbot...hong chuan...rumors...true or not ONI a handful noe...

the version circulated on SBF some time ago is, he told the monk, sorry, lan lan must build...so how?
monk told him to have ba-kwa to ward off the evil effects - which is why the 1-dollar coin is implemented & have the ba-kwa inside.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the version circulated on SBF some time ago is, he told the monk, sorry, lan lan must build...so how?
monk told him to have ba-kwa to ward off the evil effects - which is why the 1-dollar coin is implemented & have the ba-kwa inside.

The NEL cuts through the 'dragon meridians' from Pearl's Hill, across the Singapore River, Fort Canning Hill and all the way up to Serangoon.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I oso heard...dis sort of protection got life span and won't protect forever...maybe now de effect worn off leow...:biggrin::biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Operator SBS Transit said it was due to a sudden electrical surge on the train heading towards Punggol.

A short in the surge protector resulted in a loud sound.

So now SMRT needs a surge protector protector?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot go on only one vendor, if vendor kaput leow leow. Need two or three vendor and a forced compatibility specs, so that there is a fall back and competition in service and pricing.

Heard about the made in China buses but I don't think the trains are from china:confused:

What surprised me is that they are using MRT & LRT from different vendors. If they wanted to be cheap, wouldn't it make more sense to just use one vendor? There would be an economies of scale in training, parts sourcing, maintenance, etc

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't Alstom the vendor of choice for MRT?

http://www.alstom.com/
logo.gif

I kept seeing their equipment when MRT stations were still undergoing construction.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
U pity her? She giving you a blowjob or what?

She had a choice when given the offer. That's why I said good CEOs have many offers and they will choose those that has optimal fit. Seems she just grab the one and only offer.............:confused:

While also agree with your last sentence, who made the offer:confused:.........I bet no regrets too:rolleyes:

btw, i pity saw paik hwa. in the 1st place, who chose her as CEO. now everybody lay blame on her. think about it who is the one who is actually responsible for all these shit.:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot go on only one vendor, if vendor kaput leow leow. Need two or three vendor and a forced compatibility specs, so that there is a fall back and competition in service and pricing.

Many MRT systems are single sourced such as Bangkok, Toronto, ... In fact I notice that Bangkok uses the same trains as Spore. Never heard of any MRT system having problems when their vendor went kaput. I am sure the original SMRT personnel would have sourced from a reliable vendor. Back then the MRT investment was an expensive project

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
warranty period over liao? ... :confused:

Worst...dis 1 no warranty 1 neh...:biggrin::biggrin:

De wonder of privatisation...previously garment will hab 2 ans their ass off for the fuck up...now dey join in n down well throw stone...haizz