• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need sincere advice on part time jobs

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I Honestly suggest Security Guard, Taxi driving is tiring and you have to be ready to be abused.

Security guard is a far more better retirement job then driving a Taxi, But be smart where you choose to be a security guard. I would choose a non-residential Place and a Place that is not 24 hours in Operations etc... an 8-5 warehouse. Just walk around, Watch t.v, listen to music, buy an Internet dongle and serve the WWW etc... Talk with mistress on phone.

Security guard is very boring job le. and mostly need to work 12 hrs X 6 days ah !

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently im hunting for job.:biggrin:

lup sup bar wages, i dunno.

Oh you are just like me, quit job and then hunt for jobs. My 20 yrs in IT industry I always quit and find. Most people will find job first before quitting. You intend to find back same type of job ? If yes then it should come quite fast...gd luck !

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh you are just like me, quit job and then hunt for jobs. My 20 yrs in IT industry I always quit and find. Most people will find job first before quitting. You intend to find back same type of job ? If yes then it should come quite fast...gd luck !
no choices for me since im in this industry for 10 years. my these 10 years might help me to hunt for job and i got no high qualifications.:biggrin:

best of luck to you too.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Any sincere advise is greatly appreciated.

Should be "Any sincere ADVICE is greatly appreciated. "Advise" is a verb.

I have a month long project that pays $2000. If you're interested, please let me know. I posted the offer a couple of weeks ago but haven't made any decisions yet.

Do a search of my posts for the details.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have a month long project that pays $2000. If you're interested, please let me know. I posted the offer a couple of weeks ago but haven't made any decisions yet.

Ah sam some ppl posted pics but you didn't even select them. You better desiginate the official person cos it really sucks for those that keep on posting pics but don't get selected.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks boss. I saw your offer the other day, But I need long term pt job to sustain my basic livings, also I thought this place has too many talented forummers where got my turn :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ah sam some ppl posted pics but you didn't even select them. You better desiginate the official person cos it really sucks for those that keep on posting pics but don't get selected.

I didn't ask for anyone to post pictures in the open forum before the selection is made.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
well if what you are looking for is a 8 to 5 thing then you can try admin work (part-time)..some small companies require a part-time admin cum coordinator but pay about $1.5k to $2k..many legal firms are also looking for people to do their admin work..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Hi, I am tired of working my regular jobs for 20 yrs.

1. generate passive income.
a. rentals: rent out a room if you don't mind, two rooms if you can. be creative at it :p:p:p
b. investment: last heard in the market to look out for HC, what she buys and sells, you do the reverse :o:o:o

2. part time jobs
a. create a home office: be a middleman for some stuffs. use your experiences and contacts for networking :smile::smile::smile:
b. teach: tuition is a great source of income these days :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hope these tips can help :p:p:p

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well if what you are looking for is a 8 to 5 thing then you can try admin work (part-time)..some small companies require a part-time admin cum coordinator but pay about $1.5k to $2k..many legal firms are also looking for people to do their admin work..

You sure or not..pt admin 1.5 to 2k ? Thats a lot

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. generate passive income.
a. rentals: rent out a room if you don't mind, two rooms if you can. be creative at it :p:p:p
b. investment: last heard in the market to look out for HC, what she buys and sells, you do the reverse :o:o:o

2. part time jobs
a. create a home office: be a middleman for some stuffs. use your experiences and contacts for networking :smile::smile::smile:
b. teach: tuition is a great source of income these days :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hope these tips can help :p:p:p

Hi, rentals is definitely the best pt jobs but I do not have any spare rooms to rent out at this moment.
investment is good but I am rather scare of losing all my hard earns $ for the past 20 yrs lor.
Tuition i find is a very gd pt jobs for ex teachers and educational related retirees, If I'm a parent I will not choose a tuitor who was from a corporate background.
Hmm Home office middle man sounds interesting will work along this line...

thanks bro

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a similar situation over 2 years ago but I did quit my last job. Some points to consider is your extra free time. Might feel good in the beginning but in the long term, can be quite torturing waking up every morning wondering what to do today. Suggest you find the part-time job first before quitting the full-time one.

I_Hate_Pappies is right on being a full time gambler. Can end up more stressful than a full time job especially football.:*:

Have you consider working part time in some charity organisation?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a similar situation over 2 years ago but I did quit my last job. Some points to consider is your extra free time. Might feel good in the beginning but in the long term, can be quite torturing waking up every morning wondering what to do today. Suggest you find the part-time job first before quitting the full-time one.

I_Hate_Pappies is right on being a full time gambler. Can end up more stressful than a full time job especially football.:*:

Have you consider working part time in some charity organisation?

May i know what are you currentky doiing ? Yes soccer punting i will only do when sill having ft job else sure. Dawn stress as the feeling will be must win only. Working pt in charity organisation ..hmm. Ok i did not really thinkbdeeo yet. Can consider.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi, I am tired of working my regular jobs for 20 yrs. I plan to quit my job soon and do some part time job just to make a simple living for myself. I have already paid up my pigeon hole and not into any forms of loan . Can someone advise what are the currently available jobs I can do ? I realised whenever I send resume to any jobs (other than the job I have been doing for the past 20 yrs) I will not get any replies, as I believe employer will think I am crazy.
Any sincere advise is greatly appreciated.

I'll see how I can help. Check you PM :smile:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In addition to the offer by Sam, you can take up my offer also.

Brother, you comfortable with doing telemarketing? If you have any broadband at home that comes with digital voice(which would mean unlimited phonecalls), you can fix appointments at home and get paid by the number + quality of appointments you produce. I can provide you with the script.

Basically, you just have to use the whitepages and cold calls companies to fix appointments for my sales team. You will be paid according to the type and quality of appointments fixed. You will also get commission if the salesman closes any sales. I cannot say you will earn alot. But for a stay home job, if you put in some effort, $1200-$2000 should be easy.

If you take both offer(Sam and mine) together, you will still get at least 3k a month doing freelancing job at your own time. Think about it. Cheers :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May i know what are you currentky doiing ? Yes soccer punting i will only do when sill having ft job else sure. Dawn stress as the feeling will be must win only. Working pt in charity organisation ..hmm. Ok i did not really thinkbdeeo yet. Can consider.
Hehehe. Currently zho bo lan. Surfing SBF and checking football 'plates'.

Bro, since you are an IT guy, think there are many opportunities out there especially with your experience especially there are many IT illiterate out there like me that need expertise in IT areas. :p

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bit surprise u been rejected by the turfclub for part time positions as I seen O level working inside the OCB centres at $8 an hr. I tot turfclub short handed as their job application notice can always been seen every time I go turfclub OCB centres.