• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advise, which is better - Yakult or Vitagen

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes please help me as I wish to start on some probiotics to balance good bacterial against the bad, which should I choose Yakult or Vitagen or any recommendation?

OR

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moi much prefer de taste of yakult over vitagen...as for de actual content...won't noe unless send for lab test which is better...:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yakult............buy the more expensive one - acelight.............has far far more bacteria, more worth the money

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is da best! 400 billion flora. 34 strains.

all these yakult and vitagen bottles do not have adequate potency.

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yaacob.png

Are you trying to be funny?

Went to doctor today said I have imbalance of bacteria in stomach meaning bad more than good. Gave me probiotic pills thought drinks will be more effective.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes please help me as I wish to start on some probiotics to balance good bacterial against the bad, which should I choose Yakult or Vitagen or any recommendation?

Good brother
one is Made-In-Malaysia, another Made-In-Singapore

However, the probiotics level in both are very low as a health supplement.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Claim to goodness – Cultured milk drink that is good for everybody, everyday.

Unique qualities – Each bottle of Yakult contained 30 Billion of Lactobacillus casei Shirota bacteria. This strain of bacteria has proven to be the strongest compared to other good bacteria and hence it can survive both stomach acid and bile before it reaches our gut.

Preservatives – Contains no preservatives, colorings, stabilizers or food conditioners.

Ingredients – Water, Sugar (Sucrose), Skimmed milk powder, Glucose, Calcium lactate, Permitted flavours, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D

Storage instruction – Keep refrigerated below 10 °C

Taste – Yakult tastes very sweet for most adults since each bottle contains 14.6gm of sugar. However, it carries a tinge of sourness which balances the sweetness. Yakult comes in 2 flavors – original Yakult Ace and Yakult Ace Light which is 50% less sugar.

Who will like it – People with sweet tooth will love this cultured drink. Its emphasis on good bacteria and lack of preservatives are appealing qualities to health conscious individuals.

VITAGEN

125ml
RM 4.50 for a pack of 5 bottles*

Vitagen
Claim to goodness – True cultured milk drink which contains both Probiotics and Prebiotics (for vitagen collagen only). Pr0biotics help maintain a healthy digestive system, while Prebiotics promote growth of good bacteria in gut.

Unique qualities – Made from real fruit juice and hence contains 50% less sugar.

Ingredients – Dietary fiber (Inuin & polydextrose), fructose, sucrose, milk solids, glucose, permitted stabilisers, permitted flavourings and lactobacillus cultures (probiotics)

Storage instruction – Keep refrigerated below 4°C

Taste – Lightly sweeten, almost like drinking fruit juice with milk added – each bottle of 125ml contains 10.6gm of sugar. It is available in 4 flavors – milk, grape, apple and orange.

Who will like it – People who prefers lightly sweeten beverage and with more flavors to choose from.

VERDICT: Both products are positioned differently from the type of bacteria, sweetness level and size– Vitagen being less sweet per every 100ml, and size of Yakult is 50% smaller per bottle.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yakult is first produced by Japanese company.

Vitagen is first produced by Malaysian company.

Both contains Lactobacillus casei believed to help digestive system. However, the one inside Yakult is a strain of Lactobacillus casei created by the scientist Minoru Shirota, thus called Lactobacillus casei Shirota strain.