• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on getting a landed in JB

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
After looking at Australia property, I wonder why MY seldom build single storey houses? Except for the low cost housing. I hope to have a condo and a nice single storey landed when I retire.
A single storey house like those common in Australia would be more appealing to me, as I don't have to climb the stairs when i am old and frail :smile: of course the house has to prove that it is not prone to flash floods.
My relatives in their fifties who stay in terrace houses always complain about climbing the stairs, some even moved to the small room on the ground floor.

Because margins are higher for double story houses, and developer get slightly higher income purchasers. Btw, if you're not Malaysian, you don't qualify for 1 story house in m'sia. just sayin'.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if can obtain loan for RM1 mil, monthly is more than RM5K based on 30 years, its going to be very tough for you!
At your age, can you still get 30 years loan period?

Correct me if I am wrong I thought msia bank would be more than happy to loan us 30 years? Yes...I cannot guarantee if I will have a job till 60 years old.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry if I have project that impression. I am only aiming at around 1.5mil sales price. I am not sure if HH does give any subsidies or discount as someone mentioned HH does not offer that.

hi may I suggest with your budget of 1.5m, you don't restrict to terrace, can look for cluster house or even semi d in other areas.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add to that. Since it is a big commitment for you, I suggest you try to stay in one landed in Johor for a month to see if you really like it before making the commitment.
I believe you can easily rent one in nusa sentral for a month to have a feel.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because margins are higher for double story houses, and developer get slightly higher income purchasers. Btw, if you're not Malaysian, you don't qualify for 1 story house in m'sia. just sayin'.

Really? Even if that 1 storey house is above $1m?

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi may I suggest with your budget of 1.5m, you don't restrict to terrace, can look for cluster house or even semi d in other areas.

I asked about HH cluster and semi-d, and the price quoted is huge. I am not sure about other places than HH. But I am pretty sure I like HH environment and the securities setup. The problem is I do not know of other places available. I drove around Bukit Indah when I visited HH, and found there are many guarded units scattering around the bukit indah perimeter but the environment seems not as good as HH. Perhaps I am ignorant and I am clueless to locate another GEM that probably cost lesser.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add to that. Since it is a big commitment for you, I suggest you try to stay in one landed in Johor for a month to see if you really like it before making the commitment.
I believe you can easily rent one in nusa sentral for a month to have a feel.

I would like to stay 1-2 weeks to have a feel. To rent one a month...how much and will anyone rent to a month lease?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked about HH cluster and semi-d, and the price quoted is huge. I am not sure about other places than HH. But I am pretty sure I like HH environment and the securities setup. The problem is I do not know of other places available. I drove around Bukit Indah when I visited HH, and found there are many guarded units scattering around the bukit indah perimeter but the environment seems not as good as HH. Perhaps I am ignorant and I am clueless to locate another GEM that probably cost lesser.

If you have patience, wait till apr 15 for sunway to launch their landed. Looks like a nice location to me, near the sea and super near 2nd link. For security, no worries as they will have their own security force like bandar sunway. Can get for less than $1.5 m. Come with a river and a few lakes too. And I am keeping my fingers crossed for sea world theme park.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to stay 1-2 weeks to have a feel. To rent one a month...how much and will anyone rent to a month lease?
You can check out property guru or iproperty, plenty up for rent. I don't see why not if you pay slightly higher than long term rental. Not sure about the rate though as it is untested market.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have patience, wait till apr 15 for sunway to launch their landed. Looks like a nice location to me, near the sea and super near 2nd link. For security, no worries as they will have their own security force like bandar sunway. Can get for less than $1.5 m. Come with a river and a few lakes too. And I am keeping my fingers crossed for sea world theme park.

Do you have any more info and webpage on sunway landed?

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am afraid that's about all I know. You can drop by the showroom to ask the staff there, they should be able to tell you more.

Understand. Did some search online found limited information. The place is near to 2nd link but accessibility still questionable with the unconfirm proposed access link to E3 exit. Price wise I am afraid it will not come cheap though ppty mkt is softening nw...

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
To buy a house at Rm 1 million, why don't you rent? With 1 million you can rent for 20 years. I think 3000 RM a month can get you a rented house.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
To buy a house at Rm 1 million, why don't you rent? With 1 million you can rent for 20 years. I think 3000 RM a month can get you a rented house.

I do think of it before. But thinking if I own one I could do whatever I want and possibly left something behind for my family or relatives. Is this mindset a foolish one?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do think of it before. But thinking if I own one I could do whatever I want and possibly left something behind for my family or relatives. Is this mindset a foolish one?

No, its not.
Its good to buy whatever you like as long as you can afford it and better still, have slightly a deeper pocket just in case of any undesirable event occurring beyond your control.
And "afford it" has no universal standard and can sometimes be relative.
Just make sure you after paying for the loans (2 in your case) you still have enough for a comfortable and stress free lifestyle and hopefully you don't need to rent out to service the loan.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mly banks are merciless towards the defaulter. Unlike in SG, able to find alternatives..:p

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are buying at a Foreigner price whereas a Malaysian pay for half your price or less. Does that ring any bell?