• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nee Soon RC football tournament turned into a footbrawl

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,204160,00.html?

Nee Soon RC tournament turns ugly as rival teams fight, with 2 men hospitalised
Baby hurt when pram topples in... FOOTBRAWL
By Vivien Chan

June 06, 2009

NP_IMAGES_VCFIGHT___.jpg

TRAUMATISED: Rita (far left) with her baby and mother, Madam Anita. TNP PICTURES: CHOO CHWEE HUA

WHAT started as a friendly football tournament turned into a footbrawl as 30 people traded punches and kicks last Sunday.

One family claimed that several of its members were injured, including a three-month-old baby boy when his pram was knocked to the ground in the melee.

The baby needed outpatient treatment in hospital while his father and uncle were warded for one night.

The seven-a-side football tournament, which was organised by the Residents' Committee (RC) of Zone B, Nee Soon South at a field in Yishun, featured 12 teams.

The brawl started about four hours into the tournament after two opposing players tangled with each other.

The captain of one of the teams, Khairul, 22, related his version of what happened.

'My teammate was dribbling the ball when an opponent pushed him. As they fell, my teammate accidentally kicked our opponent's leg.'

NP_IMAGES_VCFIGHT___-99W.jpg

Khairul claimed the opponent got up and kicked and punched his teammate.

The full-time National Serviceman said another member of the opposing team then joined in to kick and punch his teammate.

As a fight broke out between both teams, players of another team joined in to attack Khairul's team, he alleged.

Khairul said he tried to shield his teammate - by lying over him on the ground.

'The players kicked and stomped on us with their soccer boots,' he said.

He said he sustained bruises and cuts on his head and body.

Khairul's mother, brother, two sisters and his baby nephew were about 3m away, at a stall they had rented from the organisers to sell noodles and finger food.

Khairul's mother Madam Anita, 47, said: 'I tried to stop the fight. I tried to pull the players away from my son, but they hit me too.'

She said two female RC members and Khairul's teammates also tried to help, but could not do much.

But her intervention gave Khairul and his brother, Faizal, 25, the chance to whisk his injured teammate to the void deck of a nearby block.

The extent of the teammate's injuries could not be confirmed.

Madam Anita's oldest daughter, Rita, 26, a personal assistant, said her husband, Nizam, 27, was also attacked when he went down to the field.

'My father was watching the tournament from our flat window, and he shouted to my husband that there was a fight,' she said.

Nizam, a warehouse assistant, said: 'I got there and asked my mother-in-law what happened.'

Before she could reply, someone jumped him from behind and punched him. Others then punched and kicked him, he alleged.

Nizam, who suffered cuts and bruises on his head and body, also claimed his attackers were armed with plastic chairs and the metal legs of foldable tables.

Khairul said that when he and Faizal tried to help Nizam, they were attacked again. Faizal, a security officer, lost a tooth and sustained injuries to his head, neck and shoulders.

Rita said that she was also hit and bruised on her arms and legs when she tried to help her husband.

Amid the chaos, she claimed, her pram was knocked over. The child was shaken but did not fall out of the pram.

One of Khairul's teammates picked up the pram, but the baby was already hurt.

Madam Anita took the baby and ran to the next block while Rita shouted to her sister, Lina, 15, to run to the neighbourhood police post about three blocks away to seek help.

When four police cars arrived soon after, the players of the other team fled, Lina said.

Rita said that while the police officers were getting statements from her family members, the tournament restarted and ended at about 2pm.

Khairul said his team had to withdraw because too many players were injured. The tournament was won by a team which was not involved in the brawl.

Nizam and Faizal were taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital in an ambulance while Madam Anita took her grandson to KK Women's and Children's Hospital in another ambulance.

Rita said her baby suffered bruises on the left side of his body.

'He didn't cry that day because he was in shock. We were so worried. But for the next two days, he cried non-stop,' she said.

'The doctor told us that if he continued crying on the third day, we'd have to send him to hospital. Thankfully, he stopped crying.'

Khairul claimed he later saw football players and spectators eating the food at his family's stall.

The family also alleged that the money from the stall was missing and their baby pram was damaged.

Rita estimated that they lost close to $3,000 worth of items and cash.

She said her family tried to seek compensation from the RC on Wednesday night, but were told they would only be compensated for the losses from their food stall.

When contacted, the RC's chairman, Mr Tan Joo Teck, said that about 150 people were present at the tournament, but he declined to comment on the brawl.

A police spokesman said they received a call at about 1pm, informing them of a fight at a field opposite Block 791 at Yishun Avenue 2.

Three people were taken to hospital and investigations are ongoing.

Police are appealing for witnesses to call 1800-255-0000.

Additional reporting by Ervina Mohd Jamil, newsroom intern

All the names have been changed at the family's request

hiddentalent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fighting in soccer is very common lah.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTGVYCSlcvw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTGVYCSlcvw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
all malays only???

yeah malays only good for:

1) delivering fast food on motorbikes
2) playing football
3) sniffing glue
4) drug abuse
5) drinking cough syrup
6) playing guitar at void decks
7) competing in singapore idol
8) committing incest
9) having unwanted pregnancies
10) couplating at staircase landings
11) KPKB in groups of 3 or more in public transport
12) giving birth like rabbits
13) asking for financial assistance from the state
14) going mosque on fridays

Allah uakbar.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
15) Wife working, husband relac at home
16) Child abuse and murder especially committed by foster Dads

yeah malays only good for:

1) delivering fast food on motorbikes
2) playing football
3) sniffing glue
4) drug abuse
5) drinking cough syrup
6) playing guitar at void decks
7) competing in singapore idol
8) committing incest
9) having unwanted pregnancies
10) couplating at staircase landings
11) KPKB in groups of 3 or more in public transport
12) giving birth like rabbits
13) asking for financial assistance from the state
14) going mosque on fridays

Allah uakbar.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all malays only???

Relact lah!, brother..it is all an internal affair....RC organized the match...so, to more row...all the abangs will just shake hands...the RC will arrange for , and no body will be charged..

members have its provileges....:rolleyes:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkapore descending into anarchy... watch the fun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnwWBSEBXnY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnwWBSEBXnY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the part the mata car just zoom past the crowd and decide to park somewhere so far from where the crowd was standing...

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn what fun....except see so many xiaolians there...hahaha....whats behind the scene is fun i guess...

sinkapore descending into anarchy... watch the fun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnwWBSEBXnY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnwWBSEBXnY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>