• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NDR 2022: No change to marriage definition 'under my watch' as next PM if PAP wins next GE: DPM Lawrence Wong

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
NDR 2022: No change to marriage definition 'under my watch' as next PM if PAP wins next GE: DPM Lawrence Wong
www.todayonline.com

“Basically, the overall tone of our society will not change. Our laws and policies will remain the same.”
He added that the definition of marriage will not change "under the watch of the current prime minister. And it will not happen under my watch if the PAP Government were to win the next General Election".
During the rally on Sunday, Mr Lee had said that on top of the repeal, the Government will also amend the Constitution to protect the definition of marriage from being challenged in the courts.
Mr Tong said on Monday that had the Government not done anything, there was a “significant risk” that Section 377A could be held unconstitutional and struck down by the courts.
This could lead to marriage laws coming under challenge and subsequently same-sex marriages being recognised in Singapore, which could have an impact on other laws and policies built on the existing definition of marriage.

Read also​

NDR 2022: The long, winding road to the repeal of Section 377A in Singapore, and what other countries' experiences show

The Government will thus propose an amendment to the Constitution to safeguard the existing definition of marriage, as between one man and one woman and protected from constitutional challenge.
“This will allow the Government to continue to make laws and other social policies, which depend on heterosexual marriage as its foundation, without being challenged in court on a constitutional basis,” Mr Tong said.

MINISTER URGES RESTRAINT AND TOLERANCE​

Acknowledging the strong emotions attached to the issue of repeal, Mr Wong urged Singaporeans to exercise restraint and tolerance.
“I know that there are some Singaporeans who are also concerned beyond changes on laws and policies, concerned about the excesses of activism and advocacy on both sides — pro LGBT and anti LGBT,” he said.
Mr Wong added that the Government has received feedback from people who have been subject to discrimination or even harassment when they speak out or practise their faiths and beliefs.
The Government is monitoring this very closely and will take steps against any such acts, he said.

Read also​

NDR 2022: Repeal of Section 377A a relief but move to protect marriage definition is 'disappointing', say LGBTQ groups

“There is no place for such behaviours in Singapore,” he said. “No one should feel threatened because of their religious affiliation. No one should feel threatened because they are LGBT.”

FOR SINGAPOREANS TO DECIDE​

The ministers were asked how the Government views the positions of local and international companies in Singapore that have taken steps to recognise same-sex marriage or partners of their employees and extended traditional spousal benefits to them.
In reply, Mr Wong stressed that such matters are for Singapore and Singaporeans to decide, reiterating a point he made last week in an interview with Bloomberg News when asked to respond to United States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s comments about Section 377A.
During a visit to Singapore earlier this month, the US politician had called on business groups to support the LGBT community.
Mr Wong said on Monday: “Other countries do what they wish based on their norms, based on their circumstances. But in Singapore, we decide what our social norms are, what family and marriage is about.
“And I think if you look at where we are in society, Singapore remains by and large a conservative society.”
Mr Wong acknowledged that in Singapore, attitudes are evolving and younger people are more accepting of LGBT persons and recognising that the sexual behaviour of consenting adults in private should not be criminalised.
But he added: “I believe there are still many people in Singapore who care deeply about (the position on) families and marriage, and would like to keep it that way.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not let the homos have a proper pride parade? Just rename the Chingay Parade into the Chingay Pride Parade.

It's already a very gay parade.

ST_20200201_CNCHINGAY01U49W_5419608.jpg

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's all stay calm & rationale.

While it may be true that USA Speaker of the House may had some influence on our nation's stance on 377A by bearing upon American firms & investments - est 5,500 registered in Spore- to support its repeal, it is for certain that NOT all of them support Homosexual activities. USA is still divided on the issue, & with the medical dangers posed & exposed by scientific organizations on the REALITIES of Homosexual activities, even W.H.O had to step in, & even San Francisco - the so called paradise for Homosexuals, had to declare Homosexual activities as Health Emergency.

There had been many calls for help by scientific medical institutions to HELP stop the spread, but it went unheeded as HIV & Monkey Pox virus continued to spread, even to animals as proven in France by a Homosexual couple. NO vaccines can help as the vaccines can only teach the Human immune system to fight the virus, but should a Homosexual CONTINUES to indulge in their close contact sexual activities, the Human immune system would be UNABLE TO COPE, to produce enough immune cells DAILY to fight the virus.

With 377A being repealed, the concern among many is real, but it can be mitigated by one's self awareness & personal Hygiene to ward off the virus, especially by those whom are immune compromised - our elderlies, our fellow citizens with existing health conditions & kids born with health defects. They may not survive as they will not have enough immune cell production to fight off the virus, worse if it is HIV which had long been proven to be spread by Homosexuals but successfully twisted by them as they had already infected many initially & push the blame to all Humanity instead.

I had a friend once. He was a good man, a good husband & a good father to his kids. He went on a business trip to Thailand, & while entertaining clients, he unfortunately was tempted into sexual liaison with a lady whom did not divulge she had contracted HIV from her partner - a bisexual known in Homosexual circles in Thailand- known only after investigations were done, he was infected. He spent a fortune for medical treatment, but it was to no avail, as within a year..he died...

There need not be any fears or discrimination against Homosexuals. They too are our fellow Humans. It just need precautions to be taken by each, even as they gear up to challenge the Law in order that they may continue with their dangerous lifestyle even to the extend of education for young to the Human Species.

For those working in international companies that supports Homosexual activities, may our fellow citizens take precautions & be warned of the medical dangers & costs of association. Salary is important, just be discreet - ensure personal Hygiene always-wash hands after each contact & avoid contact at work & after work with superiors or colleagues known to be Homosexuals or bisexuals, or if necessary to entertain-ensure no drinks or food is shared. If there is any dispute, just blame it on one's prudence to avoid COVid 19 instead

The fight against Homosexuals need not & should not be physical. Just as they use empathy & legal channels to win, so too can we whom seek to protect our loved ones & their future- kids & elderlies against the selfish needs of Homosexual - do the same. Even if they had successfully used Cancel Culture to destroy mainstream religions to fool the naive, we need to stand strong & only need to use PROVEN SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE & DATA to convince those whom had been foolishly empathetic to support their selfish causes.

Who would want to be associated with them to endanger one's own life & high financial costs for medical treatment, & help the spread to innocent loved ones?

My heartfelt sympathy to our courageous overwhelmed medical teams for their bravery to save our fellow citizens from the COVid 19 epidemic, which our DPM Lawrence Wong shed real tears over. They truly deserved every award & financial assistance for their uncommon heroism in dealing with it at the expense of their physical & mental health, & even absence away from loved ones for weeks on stretch. COVid 19 is bad but Monkeypox & HIV WILL BE WORSE.

Last edited:

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
""Mr Wong acknowledged that in Singapore, attitudes are evolving and younger people are more accepting of LGBT persons and recognising that the sexual behaviour of consenting adults in private should not be criminalized.""

Well if sexual behavior of 2 consenting adults in their private room, how will others get to know ?
Its usually when the "couple" relationship turn sour & they themselves start to throw shits at each other
As usual .... these LGBT will randomly select whatever that benefits them only

Earlier when 2 Gays molested a Taxi Driver ... we DID NOT see big reaction from LGBT community to condemn those gays
So how can we trust this Community to be a respected group among us, living together ?

Now with this 377A gone, we hope no more PinkDot in future .. no more wants from them.
Since Its no longer illegal for 2 consenting males to poke each other's ass ... stay happy & be discreet

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now with this 377A gone, we hope no more PinkDot in future .. no more wants from them.
Since Its no longer illegal for 2 consenting males to poke each other's ass ... stay happy & be discreet

You wait long long. The sodomites will not stop until Sinkieland turns into San Francisco's Castro district. And become a powerful voting bloc that no politician dares to offend. Time will vindicate me again. :cool:

gutpunch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Government will thus propose an amendment to the Constitution to safeguard the existing definition of marriage, as between one man and one woman and protected from constitutional challenge.
eh then for muslim/ malay with more than one wife should be invalid not recognised also right? :unsure:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe such promises. When I was young, they also told me that I could withdraw the bulk of my CPF at 55.

now i think 20-30%

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie Constitution worth a fuck? Any separation of powers or guarantees of people's inalienable rights? :rolleyes:

'Inalienable rights' is a curious phrase which means many different views to many Humans, At basic level it means the right to life & opportunities of a Human,

However, a mass murderer sentenced to death will use it to demand the sentence voided, a scammer the right of opportunity, a drunkard the right to drive his car & even a woman to marry her dog, etc

Thus in a civilised society that our ancestors had sacrificed their lives for & worked so hard for to give our todays, the law would have to be SPECIFIC on what constitues as 'Inalienable rights' & updated regularly in the Constitution as Humanity progresses.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe such promises. When I was young, they also told me that I could withdraw the bulk of my CPF at 55.

now i think 20-30%
Soon, after HC gambles and lose more money in India, it will be 60, then 65, then sorry, you singkies should sacrifice for the country :roflmao:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.todayonline.com

“Basically, the overall tone of our society will not change. Our laws and policies will remain the same.”
He added that the definition of marriage will not change "under the watch of the current prime minister. And it will not happen under my watch if the PAP Government were to win the next General Election".
During the rally on Sunday, Mr Lee had said that on top of the repeal, the Government will also amend the Constitution to protect the definition of marriage from being challenged in the courts.
Mr Tong said on Monday that had the Government not done anything, there was a “significant risk” that Section 377A could be held unconstitutional and struck down by the courts.
This could lead to marriage laws coming under challenge and subsequently same-sex marriages being recognised in Singapore, which could have an impact on other laws and policies built on the existing definition of marriage.

Read also​

NDR 2022: The long, winding road to the repeal of Section 377A in Singapore, and what other countries' experiences show

“This will allow the Government to continue to make laws and other social policies, which depend on heterosexual marriage as its foundation, without being challenged in court on a constitutional basis,” Mr Tong said.

MINISTER URGES RESTRAINT AND TOLERANCE​

Acknowledging the strong emotions attached to the issue of repeal, Mr Wong urged Singaporeans to exercise restraint and tolerance.
“I know that there are some Singaporeans who are also concerned beyond changes on laws and policies, concerned about the excesses of activism and advocacy on both sides — pro LGBT and anti LGBT,” he said.
Mr Wong added that the Government has received feedback from people who have been subject to discrimination or even harassment when they speak out or practise their faiths and beliefs.
The Government is monitoring this very closely and will take steps against any such acts, he said.

Read also​

NDR 2022: Repeal of Section 377A a relief but move to protect marriage definition is 'disappointing', say LGBTQ groups

“There is no place for such behaviours in Singapore,” he said. “No one should feel threatened because of their religious affiliation. No one should feel threatened because they are LGBT.”

FOR SINGAPOREANS TO DECIDE​

The ministers were asked how the Government views the positions of local and international companies in Singapore that have taken steps to recognise same-sex marriage or partners of their employees and extended traditional spousal benefits to them.
In reply, Mr Wong stressed that such matters are for Singapore and Singaporeans to decide, reiterating a point he made last week in an interview with Bloomberg News when asked to respond to United States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s comments about Section 377A.
During a visit to Singapore earlier this month, the US politician had called on business groups to support the LGBT community.
Mr Wong said on Monday: “Other countries do what they wish based on their norms, based on their circumstances. But in Singapore, we decide what our social norms are, what family and marriage is about.
“And I think if you look at where we are in society, Singapore remains by and large a conservative society.”
Mr Wong acknowledged that in Singapore, attitudes are evolving and younger people are more accepting of LGBT persons and recognising that the sexual behaviour of consenting adults in private should not be criminalised.
But he added: “I believe there are still many people in Singapore who care deeply about (the position on) families and marriage, and would like to keep it that way.”
His "watch" not even started. Who knows he oso run way not enuf. :cautious:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon, after HC gambles and lose more money in India, it will be 60, then 65, then sorry, you singkies should sacrifice for the country :roflmao:

In the world of biz & investments, it is expected that there will be loss & as well as gains. No biz entity can or ever made profits daily forever.

Thus it is important to elect cool, calm, capable & intelligent govt to oversee the mgmt of our SWF

Should we elect well meaning but incapable legislators who can't even manage a Town Council properly to form a new govt to manage the whole of Singapore?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the world of biz & investments, it is expected that there will be loss & as well as gains. No biz entity can or ever made profits daily forever.

Thus it is important to elect cool, calm, capable & intelligent govt to oversee the mgmt of our SWF

Should we elect well meaning but incapable legislators who can't even manage a Town Council properly to form a new govt to manage the whole of Singapore?
Son of a bitch.