• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My wifey left me.......when i'm jobless. No 5Cs = no more eternal marriage.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Six years ago, I married my love after dating for about a year.
Everything seemed smooth sailing at first as most married couples would experience.
We also had a memorable honeymoon trip to New Zealand.
It was our so-called honeymoon period when everything was beautiful and you only live for one another.
If only such honeymoon days could last forever…

However, I realized soon that our marriage was gradually influenced by someone important in my wife’s life…her dad.
He’s a fiercely stubborn man and has a strong influence on her life.
A lot of her ideas seem to bear some resemblance of her idol dad and you can say that she worshipped him a lot.
Nevertheless, all this was manageable as I tried to be more forebearing with her – except for one other matter.

All along, my wife wanted a lot of financial security for the family.
I don’t blame her as our society is very much focused on accumulating wealth through the five “Cs” and
we measure our success through the kind of housing we stay in and the type of car we drive.
Anything less means we have not arrive yet.

I also understand her fear as I heard that women are pretty much hung up on having a certain level of security in their lives.
Call it their DNA if you may.

However, I put my foot down when she wanted me to sacrifice my own happiness for the sake of a better paying job.
That means looking for a job that I am not really interested in and doing it just for the money.
I tried to explain to her that even though I may be doing such work,
I will find it difficult to hold on for the long haul as there is no personal interest at all.
She wouldn’t listen and our quarrels intensified over time.
All I want is to live simply and have a happy family.
Is this too difficult to ask?

The worse period of our marriage came about when I was jobless for about a year.
That was also personally a very tough time for me.
My self esteem suffered and naturally there were financial struggles too as the family’s income was down.
During this period, my wife had to support the family all by herself.
It was indeed a test of our marriage.
I tried to find a job through the newspapers, internet, friends etc…but hit a dead end.
I realized that the relationship also worsened during this period and her insecurity deepened.
I was also frustrated that she didn’t really supported me emotionally when I was looking for a job and renewed bitterness overtook me.

During this period, our quarrels intensified so much that she went back to her parental home twice.
She was away from her matrimonial home for a few months before she returned home after much pleading.
During the recent second runaway, she asked me for a divorce. I was crestfallen.
All this happened while I was still jobless and still desperately looking for a job.
The stress and mental torture were unbearable to say the least.

I didn’t agree to the divorce at first, but after a while I relented as I found that she was very firm about it.
Now, we’re in the midst of a separation. It was also the most bitter and darkest moment of my life.
I was suicidal for a while and drowned myself in depression.
Life seems meaningless and my ego was deeply bruised.

I’m still learning to ride through this crisis with the grace of God and my church’s help.
In retrospection, I felt that perhaps I could have been more understanding and loving towards her.
She did gave me a lot of opportunities to change but I didn’t really heed those words.
There was also the tension of not being able to conceive which also contributed quite a fair bit to our failed marriage.
We tried to go for acupuncture, did checkups, even thought of adopting a child…but all these didn’t help.
Though she didn’t admit that not having a baby was really bothering her, deep down,
I knew that this was one issue in our marriage that bugged her.

During this separation period, I thought hard about the marriage and realized that in order for any relationship to thrive,
it really needs both hands to clap.
Both parties have to be truthful enough to share openly with each another.
Mutual respect for one another, without having to change in order to please the other party, is also important.
A better understanding of each other’s needs will also lead to a beautiful and blessed marriage.

Now, I just have to accept the bitter truth that my marriage is almost over – unless something miraculously happens.
I have to move on and hopefully not make the same mistake again if given a second chance.

Regds,
Kelvin (name changed)

PS: Kelvin has found a job in the beginning of the year through a friend and is still picking up the pieces after his separation.

Jobless Sauce:
http://www.transitioning.org/2010/05/29/wife-left-me-when-i-was-jobless/

Where ish eternal love?
What happen to the wedding vows that we promise??

In the presence of God, our family and friends,
I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner
in sickness and in health,
in good times and in bad,
and in joy as well as in sorrow.

I promise to love you unconditionally,
to support you in your goals,
to honor and respect you,
to laugh with you and cry with you,
and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

Sho moddy.

:o :( :o

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Is this your letter? Or did you copy and paste from somewhere?

1. He didn't mention what impact her "influential idol dad" had on their marriage. Did he influence her to be materialistic?

2. He knew her for too short a time before they got married. If he knew that she was materialistic and after the 5Cs, whereas he was not, why did he marry her?

3. It may have been a problem at that time, but it may have turned out to be a blessing that they didn't have children.

4. He needs to realize that it's over and he should move on. It's probably for the best, given how different their values seem to be.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, I realized soon that our marriage was gradually influenced by someone important in my wife’s life…her dad.
He’s a fiercely stubborn man and has a strong influence on her life.
A lot of her ideas seem to bear some resemblance of her idol dad and you can say that she worshipped him a lot.

You mean to say she is a mind-controlled tool of her father with no real sense of thinking on her own? What a sad existence.

*Gets a Kleenex*

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you are even considering marriage; always pretend to be BROKE not once but a few times to test your gf's resolve.

I have many friends who have HORRIBLE wives. Many are now divorced. Their wives always compare with their friends.

1. Our neighbours have a new plasma tv, german car, country clubs, etc...."WHEN ARE WE GETTING OURS"?

Such demands also can. Very common. You know where it all starts? When they start going for "high tea" with their kakis.

If your marriage is breaking down because of such material things or if you are jobless; it invariably is due to your wife being "lectured" into leaving by peer pressure.

Consider it a stoke of GOOD LUCK that she is leaving. She is no different from a WHORE. Move on with your life. Difficult at first. But once you get over the first 3-6 months; you will be ok.

DO NOT CONTEMPLATE SUICIDE. IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOUR STUPID WIFE AND HER PEERS SAY "Yep, he is useless".

FUCK THEM. Take your frustrations out on THE SCUMs instead. After all it is their fault that Singapore have become very difficult to get jobs because of the FT policy.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy must have the guts to figure what this world is all about to reach enlightenment. No point jumping MRT. He will either end up burning in hell or re-incarnate as humans again and go thru all this shit all over again.

Gods are not found in temples or churches. They are in fact all around us. You can see their faces in your dollar notes. Worship them and they will make all those cunts worship you.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
3704118534_0eb2eceae9_o.jpg

I already know house and car are the 2 most important thing to a sinkie.
By relentlessly increasing the price of these 2 assets, my master and my piggybank is secured.:biggrin:

MORE MONEY
by wonder party

I want MORE MONEY MORE MONEY from you [clap][clap]
I want MORE MONEY MORE MONEY from you [clap][clap]
MORE MONEY MORE MONEY
MORE MONEY MORE MONEY

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ex wife also look down on me,the fact that I tend to spend more than I earn, that was many years ago. Similar circumstances also happened to me,lost job and file for divorce. Then got harrassed by ST's SS. Fuck them all! I have been hoping karma strike them all,not joking!:oIo:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ex wife also look down on me,the fact that I tend to spend more than I earn, that was many years ago. Similar circumstances also happened to me,lost job and file for divorce. Then got harrassed by ST's SS. Fuck them all! I have been hoping karma strike them all,not joking!:oIo:

Yes, if you can live through such difficult times without bitterness, feeling revengeful or malice, and comes out a better person, you would have collected very good karma yourself.
The reward will come.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, if you can live through such difficult times without bitterness, feeling revengeful or malice, and comes out a better person, you would have collected very good karma yourself.
The reward will come.
sumtimes d reward juz wun come :(

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to hear that now a days in Singapore, divorce happens due to economic reasons.

That's the problem of today's weak minded.

Didn't anyone told the materialistic women / ex-wives that the world is filled with media to brainwash the weak minded that materialism is desired, whereas humility is not treasured?

life is truly not all about making money... no body ever make money, but earn it.

the only way for us all to really earn good money is to provide our service, and our labor time, to produce a service or commodity.

as long as we are healthy, and happy, and positive, our service level would be multiplied, and therefore increasing our earning ability.

everyone on earth can earn a living easily...

if it's for survival, it's really easy.

if it's for materialism lifestyle... then you've got to work harder, and think harder.

if a woman is after materialism, and ego, and face value, then it is truly better to divorce the woman...

if a woman is after love, connection, emotional support, then no matter what, do your best to live with this woman for the rest of your live, because you can be assured of your happiness, and hers.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a lesson for all males in Singapore.

When a girl says she wants a man with a stable career, she really means it. When a girl says she wants her man to have aspirations, she really means it.

When a girl says all these, she means money and nothing else.

And guys, please remember the probability of losing your job is real - and very real. Stop dreaming that girls admire your quality. Ironically, the test of your personal quality is real when you're ditched.

Yes, it's true that they marry your career. And when they can't find Singaporeans with stable jobs, they will flock to FTs and Ang Mohs.

Last edited:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much money did you donate to your church all these years? Looks like Jesus not so happy with you! Remember what Kong Hee says: Give and you will get back hundreds fold.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why despair and cry over spilt milk? Al and Tipper had a long marriage that many thought would last forever. It also ended up in divorce. Money is but only one aspect of marriage. Fate is another. I'm sure it's for the better, so cheer up.:wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he should thank PAP.
thank them for bringing in FT and drove him to be jobless for a year, and result of them, it show what an arse of wife he has, it is better to lose her early, so that he can find someone better. He should not be depress, he should be happy, PAP law expose a shit wife.imagine if they have lots of kids, after many years, then divorse, that will be worse.