• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my phobia of escalators continues...

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
stomp.straitstimes.com

Woman falls down after slipper gets caught in escalator at Plaza Singapura​

photo_library See 18 More Photos chevron_right chevron_left

Farah Daley

Posted on 25 September 2023 | 4,403 views | 9 comments

Submitted by Stomper Celine

A woman fell down after her slipper got stuck in an escalator at Plaza Singapura on Sept 21.

Stomper Celine alerted Stomp to the incident and shared a photo of a FitFlop slipper wedged at the bottom of the escalator.

"A lady in her 40s was on the escalator travelling downwards when suddenly, her left slipper got stuck in the escalator as she was about to reach the end," said the Stomper.

"She fell down because the escalator stopped abruptly and had some bruises on her leg.

"Shopkeepers nearby helped to call the security guard but no technician was seen."

In response to a Stomp query, a Plaza Singapura spokesperson said: "At about 12.50pm on Sept 21, we were notified that a shopper's footwear was caught in the escalator on Level 5.

"The mall’s technicians arrived shortly to assist the shopper.

"No injuries were reported.

"The safety of our shoppers and tenants remains our top priority.

"As a safety precaution, we immediately contacted our escalator vendor following the incident to conduct the necessary inspection and ensure that our escalators are functioning well and comply with all safety requirements."

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
that's why I will use the lift as much ad possible unless it's unavoidable with frens as i don't want them to know i have escalator phobia...

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
unless i am rushing for time, i even take the staircase from mrt platform level to ticket concourse level. for deep deep stations eg. bencoolen or bras besar stations, i will use the platform lifts to get to concourse as there are too many flight steps to climb...

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

Worn-out screws at Bangkok airport’s travelator caused accident that cost Thai mum her leg​

10719419_2.jpg

Rescuers helping Ms Suphannee Kittirattana, 57, after her leg was caught in a moving walkway in Don Mueang airport on June 29. PHOTO: EPA-EFE

9 JUL 2023, 11:17 PM SGT

Investigators have zeroed in on what caused a plate on a moving walkway at Bangkok’s international airport to collapse in June, resulting in part of the leg of a 57-year-old Thai mum having to be amputated.
The lower part of Ms Suphannee Kittirattana’s left leg had to be cut off to extricate her from the machinery.
But on Sunday, her son said she was already taking her first few steps.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ing-walkway-cost-57-year-old-thai-mum-her-leg

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

Worn-out screws at Bangkok airport’s travelator caused accident that cost Thai mum her leg​

10719419_2.jpg

Rescuers helping Ms Suphannee Kittirattana, 57, after her leg was caught in a moving walkway in Don Mueang airport on June 29. PHOTO: EPA-EFE

9 JUL 2023, 11:17 PM SGT

Investigators have zeroed in on what caused a plate on a moving walkway at Bangkok’s international airport to collapse in June, resulting in part of the leg of a 57-year-old Thai mum having to be amputated.
The lower part of Ms Suphannee Kittirattana’s left leg had to be cut off to extricate her from the machinery.
But on Sunday, her son said she was already taking her first few steps.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ing-walkway-cost-57-year-old-thai-mum-her-leg
last time I wasn't that afraid of travelators. but after that news of bkk airport travelator swallowing the woman's leg, i now have a little more phobia for travelators. so sometimes when i am dhobyghaut interchange ....I will just walk on flat ground when when changing NSL to NEL.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that's why I will use the lift as much ad possible unless it's unavoidable with frens as i don't want them to know i have escalator phobia...

Escalator swallows man :

Woman Dies after Falling into Shopping Mall Escalator​

Woman Falls into an Escalator Well in Shenzhen​