• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foodpanda terminates rider who stole Shopee parcel from Yishun resident's doorstep, police investigating

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
stomp.straitstimes.com

Foodpanda terminates rider who stole Shopee parcel from Yishun resident's doorstep, police investigating​

photo_library See 10 More Photos chevron_right chevron_left

Cherlynn Ng

Posted on 05 July 2023 | 5,722 views | 8 comments | 36 reading now

Submitted by Stomper Zac
This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

Police are investigating an incident in which a Foodpanda deliveryman was caught on camera stealing a parcel from a Yishun resident's doorstep.
Stomper Zac said the incident occurred on Monday (July 3), at around 6.45pm, when he was not home.

The Yishun resident told Stomp that he came home to discover that one out of three of his Shopee parcels was missing despite all of them being marked as delivered.
Zac said: "I checked my doorbell's CCTV footage to find out that this delivery guy had helped himself to my parcel. He was delivering food to a neighbour, walked past and saw my packages. I wasn't home, so he helped himself to them."

In CCTV footage that Zac shared with Stomp, the man can be seen looking at Zac's parcels while walking past. He then returns for a closer look at the packages and is seen reading their labels and feeling for their contents.

The man eventually takes one parcel and leaves with it.
Zac added: "This is seriously disgusting."

In response to a Stomp query, the police confirm that a report was lodged and investigations are ongoing.

A Foodpanda spokesman told Stomp on Wednesday (July 5): "The individual has been identified and his rider account has been terminated.

"Foodpanda does not condone any criminal activity and prompt action - including potential suspension, blacklist or termination - will be taken against delivery partners who are found breaking the law."