• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My name is Peter and I am 46 yrs old : Wife left me

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife left me because of my lower pay package

My name is Peter and I am 46 years old. My wife and I now live separately and the divorce will be finalised after 3 years of separation according to the Singapore’s divorce law.

I honestly did not see it coming until about 2 months ago. My wife wanted a divorce and the reason she gave me at that time was that she is feeling very tired and earned more than I do. It hit me real hard and naturally my ego was seriously bruised.

I’m totally lost now and felt very useless. Perhaps, my situation is common in Singapore currently as our women earn more than their husbands given the equal opportunities available for both gender.

But the fact is both of us have had our good times when we were married.

Who doesn’t want to give their wife and family a better life?

Its tough and I’ve tried very hard indeed to provide a better lifestyle for the family but I have my limitations.

I have also tried to talk to her to save the marriage but to no avail.

YES, I admitted that 3 weeks later when she broke the bad news to me, I felt very lost and was tired of living.

I cut myself and honestly wanted to end my life instead of thinking about losing someone I’ve loved deeply for many years.

Now, my family and siblings doesn’t talk to me at all. I have very few friends. I also don’t have the support of my family when I’ m down.

Sadly, I m sure many other guys may have similar experiences – that their wives left them because they couldn’t earn the respect of their spouses through a better pay package. I felt depressed and useless for not been able to keep my marriage. Thank you for listening…life indeed is meaningless and I’ m extremely tired….Thanks for letting me vent out because I really have no one to turn to.

PS: We are trying to connect with this reader as this comment appeared on the article “Men more likely to commit suicide after divorce”. If you are the person mentioned, please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]. We have a team of volunteer counsellors who can provide you with anonymous online counselling support. There is life after divorce and many people have live on meaningfully after a nasty divorce. Don’t waste your life away and seek help now. We are here for you - Gilbert

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i feel sad for him. What I can learn from the story, lower your expectation when finding a mate. Less headache for you in later life.
sinkieland is such a materialistic society. There is no true everlasting love at all...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i feel sad for him. What I can learn from the story, lower your expectation when finding a mate. Less headache for you in later life.
sinkieland is such a materialistic society. There is no true everlasting love at all...

Krafty, you sure Peter is not you hor? :p:p

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, i am not peter but recently I really like this lady and found out she's from a rich family. But the problem is that she got an attitude. She reply to me when she feel like it and sometimes no response. I told her i will be patient until yesterday, in a moment of anger, i used words to pluck her.:(

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, your this statement is more sensible. My aim is to have a date for Christmas eve. I very very long never romantic already...kind of forget the feeling already...:o

Get a sweet PRC woman and you will find your wife leaving is blessing in disguise

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, i am not peter but recently I really like this lady and found out she's from a rich family. But the problem is that she got an attitude. She reply to me when she feel like it and sometimes no response. I told her i will be patient until yesterday, in a moment of anger, i used words to pluck her.:(

Wake up your idea

No rich woman will like you

You are a failure in life plus you are a divorcee

Plus you have no career, no potential to develop further and you are bisexual

Get real and marry poor women

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter

Go jump MRT

That's the best solution for your whining lonely soul

You SPASTIC GAY MAGGOT! If Peter jumps MRT and delays the train who is going to get my coffee ready before I reach office?

Peter, Don't listen to him. Do something outstanding for once. Buy an air ticket to Tokyo and jump the Shinkansen!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I honestly did not see it coming until about 2 months ago. My wife wanted a divorce and the reason she gave me at that time was that she is feeling very tired and earned more than I do. It hit me real hard and naturally my ego was seriously bruised.

What a bunch of wimps Sinkie men are. They can't even hold on to their women.:rolleyes:

chonburi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Peter,

I am 40 and a divorcee. I do not have any kids. I have never been so happy in my life when the divorce proceedings were finalised.

I do not know how many years you spent with your ex-partner prior to the divorce. Guess it must have been a long time. My guess is you felt betrayed and no one seems to care about you. This is normal.

The only thing that puzzles me is why your family and siblings not talking to you?? I have never been close to my family. But when I am facing a crisis, they are the ones that provide emotional and financial support.

Anyway, life is good after 40. Please take care.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wife left me because of my lower pay package

My name is Peter and I am 46 years old. My wife and I now live separately and the divorce will be finalised after 3 years of separation according to the Singapore’s divorce law.

I’m totally lost now and felt very useless. Perhaps, my situation is common in Singapore currently as our women earn more than their husbands given the equal opportunities available for both gender.

But the fact is both of us have had our good times when we were married.

Who doesn’t want to give their wife and family a better life?

Its tough and I’ve tried very hard indeed to provide a better lifestyle for the family but I have my limitations.

I have also tried to talk to her to save the marriage but to no avail.

YES, I admitted that 3 weeks later when she broke the bad news to me, I felt very lost and was tired of living.

I cut myself and honestly wanted to end my life instead of thinking about losing someone I’ve loved deeply for many years.

Now, my family and siblings doesn’t talk to me at all. I have very few friends. I also don’t have the support of my family when I’ m down.

Sadly, I m sure many other guys may have similar experiences – that their wives left them because they couldn’t earn the respect of their spouses through a better pay package. I felt depressed and useless for not been able to keep my marriage. Thank you for listening…life indeed is meaningless and I’ m extremely tired….Thanks for letting me vent out because I really have no one to turn to.

PS: We are trying to connect with this reader as this comment appeared on the article “Men more likely to commit suicide after divorce”. If you are the person mentioned, please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]. We have a team of volunteer counsellors who can provide you with anonymous online counselling support. There is life after divorce and many people have live on meaningfully after a nasty divorce. Don’t waste your life away and seek help now. We are here for you - Gilbert

Its not the end of the world, if you are in your late 40s, just a wild guess your wife is also in her forties.

Its your gain and her loss. If a wife's leaves a person, just because she earns more than the husband, I don't think it is worth your while to continue with the relationship. Trust me.

After 6 months or so, I am sure you will be happy as a lark with your new found freedom.